Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

Dec. 2, 2020, 5:32 p.m.

http://webtv.un.org/watch/ant%C3%B3nio-guterres-un-secretary-general-on-the-state-of-the-planet/6213596409001/?term=

Dec. 4, 2020, 10:49 p.m.

+ Percent of people by nation who say they think the climate is changing and human activity is responsible

Greece 91%

Brazil 88%

Spain 87%

Hungary 87%

China 87%

South Africa 87%

Denmark 86%

Italy 86%

UK 86%

France 85%

Japan 85%

Germany 83%

Canada 83%

Australia 81%

US 69%

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/01/populism-what-is-yougov-cambridge-globalism-project-methodology

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 4, 2020, 10:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 15, 2020, 10:02 a.m.

https://youtu.be/lyEOyjBDQYs

Jan. 7, 2021, 10:33 a.m.

https://youtu.be/sEHot7F_dnI

Jan. 9, 2021, 4:26 p.m.

Every morning I wake up and look at the Coastal Mountain range and admire their beauty, then I remind myself that though some of them are cut from glaciers thousands of years ago, some of the formation are from plate changes, and Alberta used to be the ocean floor.  News flash - the climate is always changing.  You just have media pumping gullible fear about nature into your ears; like there is anything people can do to stop it again.

Jan. 9, 2021, 4:48 p.m.

Posted by: Zedbra

Every morning I wake up and look at the Coastal Mountain range and admire their beauty, then I remind myself that though some of them are cut from glaciers thousands of years ago, some of the formation are from plate changes, and Alberta used to be the ocean floor.  News flash - the climate is always changing.  You just have media pumping gullible fear about nature into your ears; like there is anything people can do to stop it again.

Ya, you’re right, fuck science!

Jan. 9, 2021, 4:55 p.m.

IMO the topic which is way more destructive on our planet is micro plastics. That is something that needs to be sorted fast.

Jan. 13, 2021, 9:48 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Ya, you’re right, fuck science!

Well it does seem to be fucking us soooooo... thats all I got.

Jan. 13, 2021, 9:53 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

IMO the topic which is way more destructive on our planet is micro plastics. That is something that needs to be sorted fast.

Doesnt that mean since its already micro it'll be reduced back to fossil fuels quicker?

Jan. 14, 2021, 5:11 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Doesnt that mean since its already micro it'll be reduced back to fossil fuels quicker?

The fact that it’s micro means it’s far easier to ingest. Scientists have already found trace plastics in humans, never mind a lot of the foods we eat.

Jan. 14, 2021, 9:21 a.m.

All true, yet not relevant. 

Human caused climate change is real and differs from natural climate change in significant ways. 

But I’m guessing you knew that already.

Jan. 14, 2021, 9:08 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

The fact that it’s micro means it’s far easier to ingest. Scientists have already found trace plastics in humans, never mind a lot of the foods we eat.

Right over yer head.

Jan. 14, 2021, 9:08 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

All true, yet not relevant. 

Human caused climate change is real and differs from natural climate change in significant ways. 

But I’m guessing you knew that already.

Ya because the climate doesnt tax itself because of us.

Jan. 14, 2021, 10:02 p.m.

What is that sentence supposed to mean?

Jan. 15, 2021, 9:55 a.m.

This is a graphic showing the average temps over 100 years.  White is average, blue is colder and red hotter.  The speed of change that we are seeing does happen in nature, but only when we are struck by a meteor or a supervolcano blows it's lid, but even those changes are usually short lived.  It takes a lot to alter the climate permanently as we appear to be doing.  Unless we all somehow missed a giant meteor impact.