Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

Jan. 14, 2020, 2:31 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Mic

I know, but you still have not really answered or reaxted to syncro's post on your typical patterns/rhetorics either. 

Funny....yes...sort of, simply because the last few days were quite eye-opening. I honestly think that you are not open for a proper debate. No post or user can convince you of a different perspective. For reference, see syncro's original post, among others. 

And that, Marcus, is kind of funny. But maybe you want to school me again on what is true, not to mention just, when I have the audacity to use the word "funny" (as in 'hilarious' and 'silly') when describing your posts. 

Maybe others are right and you are just a self-righteous and ebtitled and angry white person, a typical troll. 

Who knows. 

Your posts are showing quite a lot though.

Perhaps Syncro just wants a reaction from me? Is he an authority?

Are trolls only white people?

School me - what are my posts showing?

100% expected this reaction, silly questions.....you know what a clichée is, I assume.

Re syncro: If you were properly interested, you could re-read syncro's longer post on your rhetorics.

honestly, this is

Jan. 14, 2020, 1:52 p.m.

100% expected this reaction, silly questions.....you know what a clichée is, I assume.

Re syncro: If you were properly interested, you could re-read syncro's longer post on your rhetorics.

honestly, this is

Why are you so hung up on someone else's questions? I'm interested enough to see that myself and Tungsten are the only ones who can do wrong here in NBR land. If you want an idea why I'm not answering some of Syncro's questions, it's because I find it hilarious he pulled the tough guy act ("fuck you and I'd say it your face") followed by the attempts at an some e-psycho-analytical with the longer posts of his. And who has time for that much bullshit.

If you were interested enough you would answer the questions I asked above but sadly, you're a liberal hypocrite.

Jan. 14, 2020, 1:59 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Holy shit - I'm so out of touch with reality that Aus. Senator Pualine Hanson seems to have similar delusions.

you mean this senator Hanson?

I didn't see anything where she blamed the fires on arson tho, maybe you have a link or reference for that one?

That's the one - but the delusions are more to do with Sun over manmade climate change. Current thread context was arson but you can go back and quote me where all I said was "arsons playing a part" to start. Copy and pasted from this article:

FIRES IN AUSTRALIA: PAULINE HANSON & I HAVE THE SAME OPINIONS. FIRES ARE CAUSED BY ARSONIST, UNCONTROLLED BACKBURNINGS, & NEGLIGENCE NOT CLIMATE CHANGE. WE HAVE TO BE HONEST TO MAKE US HUMAN AND BRIGHT. I HAVE NOT COME ACCROSS YET A BRIGHT GOV'T WHO HAVE GOOD STRATEGY TO STOP IT

— Lydz Mendez (@LydiaMExcell) January 12, 2020

Dont care if its paraphrased via tweet. Dont care if you dont approve of the site linked.

Jan. 14, 2020, 2:24 p.m.

That's the one - but the delusions are more to do with Sun over manmade climate change. Current thread context was arson but you can go back and quote me where all I said was "arsons playing a part" to start. Copy and pasted from this article:

See this is why people tend to have an issue with your arguments, you have a strong tendency to bait and switch or move the goal posts. Yes you initially said arson's playing a part, but then you suggested 50-85% of the fires were arson and when you got asked to support that you refused to and instead got all pissy. Instead of acknowledging that the 50-85% number had serious flaws you tried to dance around that like a weasel. If you'd simply acknowledged that your statement and info were incorrect then there wouldn't have been much of a problem. At some point you should consider that the reason you get a lot of negative responses has something to do with the way you discuss things.

Re your quote and article - she blames three things and states nothing about the percentage attributed to arson. She's also fucking delusional if she thinks climate change isn't playing a factor. Oh and by the way, it wasn't Hanson that said that arson was a cause in that tweet it was the tweeter Mendez, so you still have nothing to support what you're saying.

Last edited by: syncro on Jan. 14, 2020, 2:31 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 14, 2020, 4:08 p.m.

Police contradict claims spread online exaggerating arson's role in Australian bushfires

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/police-contradict-claims-spread-online-exaggerating-arsons-role-in-australian-bushfires

Bots and trolls spread false arson claims in Australian fires ‘disinformation campaign’

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/twitter-bots-trolls-australian-bushfires-social-media-disinformation-campaign-false-claims

Jan. 15, 2020, 9:35 a.m.

honestly, this is

Why are you so hung up on someone else's questions? I'm interested enough to see that myself and Tungsten are the only ones who can do wrong here in NBR land. If you want an idea why I'm not answering some of Syncro's questions, it's because I find it hilarious he pulled the tough guy act ("fuck you and I'd say it your face") followed by the attempts at an some e-psycho-analytical with the longer posts of his. And who has time for that much bullshit.

If you were interested enough you would answer the questions I asked above but sadly, you're a liberal hypocrite.

Hahaha...that is awesome. Totally predictable...but in the end it does not matter. 

To be honest, I have no idea where syncro gets all that precious time to post so much pseudo-analytical bullshit, I'd rather ask myself why you keep posting yours and are so unbelievably stubborn. 

But...whatever floats your boat. If in your world I am a liberal hypocrite, so be it. 

The past has shown that arguing with you is utterly futile - there simply is no point in engaging in meaningful debate.

Jan. 15, 2020, 4:01 p.m.

syncro 'n sho...

https://youtu.be/riWkDjdodeM

Jan. 16, 2020, 9:31 a.m.

Australians are stupid: coal and Murdoch are kings

Australia has had a series of bad governments beholden to the coal industry and to the Rupert Murdoch propaganda machine. The media empire of Murdoch controls about 60 percent of the newspapers and television stations. 

The Murdoch message, just like the message of Fox TV in America, is in defense of the oligarchs and against environmental protection of any kind. This propaganda is in accord with the continued use of fossil fuels and the ceaseless destruction of the natural world. Young people brought up on this diet of lies become vociferous in their advocacy of violence and undemocratic politics. 

I used to write for an Australian journal. However, my articles triggered a vicious reaction. Some readers threatened me with death. 

Coal conservatism 

It’s people like these that embrace conservatism. Like the American conservatives, Australian conservatives are not smart enough to understand that the coal companies and Murdoch exploit them or that the anthropogenic fury of nature will kill them and their children. 

Scott Morrison, the present conservative prime minister, exactly like Trump, denies global warming while his country fuels itself primarily with coal, including petroleum and natural gas. In addition, Australia has been exporting huge amounts of coal to China and other countries.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/15/australia-on-the-chasm-of-climate-catastrophe/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 16, 2020, 11:43 a.m.

While not directly climate change related, I found an article in The National Post on how monoculture, particularly almond plantations in Cali, is having a negative impact on bees to be rather interesting. Then I started thinking about the concerns of collapsing bee colonies in general and wondered whether climate change is affecting wild bees seeing as they're responsible for roughly 1/3 of all the food we eat. Lo and behold the effects of climate change seem to be everywhere and it's these lesser know effects that tend to drive my concern the most. It appears the culmination of these effects will have dire consequences on many aspects of human life. So saving bees, which play a significant role in our food supply, seems to be one more factor we need to consider in the climate change debate.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/environment/climate-change-a-menace-to-wild-bees/1602302

Jan. 16, 2020, 12:13 p.m.

I think we will find ourselves having to play a role in redefining habitats around the world as the weather patterns change.   The problem with our current climate change is that the change is too rapid for species to adapt or relocate.  We have looked at introducing foreign species into a habitat as a major sin, but we will probably have to rethink that notion because their habitats are moving with or without them.

Jan. 16, 2020, 4:07 p.m.

Keep a hanky nearby...

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/01/15/As-Birds-Vanish/

Jan. 19, 2020, 2:44 a.m.

See this is why people tend to have an issue with your arguments, you have a strong tendency to bait and switch or move the goal posts. Yes you initially said arson's playing a part, but then you suggested 50-85% of the fires were arson and when you got asked to support that you refused to and instead got all pissy. Instead of acknowledging that the 50-85% number had serious flaws you tried to dance around that like a weasel. If you'd simply acknowledged that your statement and info were incorrect then there wouldn't have been much of a problem. At some point you should consider that the reason you get a lot of negative responses has something to do with the way you discuss things.

Re your quote and article - she blames three things and states nothing about the percentage attributed to arson. She's also fucking delusional if she thinks climate change isn't playing a factor. Oh and by the way, it wasn't Hanson that said that arson was a cause in that tweet it was the tweeter Mendez, so you still have nothing to support what you're saying.

Bait and switch?

1. I mention arson plays a part

1a. Kenbot says arson is on par per usual annum.

1b. I use the highside % available because I can scale it back if I choose the wrong article because its the internet.

1c. I chose an article written by bots (see 1b).

1d. Arson still played a part, bc Kenbot said so (see 1a).

I also said you didnt have to approve or like the link and "paraphrasing".

If you had a better goalie, I couldnt move the posts ;)

Jan. 19, 2020, 2:45 a.m.

honestly, this is

Hahaha...that is awesome. Totally predictable...but in the end it does not matter. 

To be honest, I have no idea where syncro gets all that precious time to post so much pseudo-analytical bullshit, I'd rather ask myself why you keep posting yours and are so unbelievably stubborn. 

But...whatever floats your boat. If in your world I am a liberal hypocrite, so be it. 

The past has shown that arguing with you is utterly futile - there simply is no point in engaging in meaningful debate.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jan. 19, 2020, 2:50 a.m.

While not directly climate change related, I found an article in The National Post on how monoculture, particularly almond plantations in Cali, is having a negative impact on bees to be rather interesting. Then I started thinking about the concerns of collapsing bee colonies in general and wondered whether climate change is affecting wild bees seeing as they're responsible for roughly 1/3 of all the food we eat. Lo and behold the effects of climate change seem to be everywhere and it's these lesser know effects that tend to drive my concern the most. It appears the culmination of these effects will have dire consequences on many aspects of human life. So saving bees, which play a significant role in our food supply, seems to be one more factor we need to consider in the climate change debate.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/environment/climate-change-a-menace-to-wild-bees/1602302

Did you even X-Files bro?

Jan. 20, 2020, 12:51 a.m.

Reforestation is not necessarily about planting more trees

A much less costly way to regenerate our forests and decrease carbon levels is to assist nature to do its job.

One of the most exciting assisted natural regeneration strategies is called applied nucleation, also known as "tree islands", which involves planting only a very small number of trees that attract birds and other seed dispersers, which can spread seeds around the tree islands. Gradually, these tree islands turn into intact forests. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/reforestation-necessarily-planting-trees-200116113657413.html