Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

Jan. 12, 2020, 5:10 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Arsons playing a part.

I'm unfamiliar with annual numbers but if 50-85% of Bush fires are arson and we can agree, then we do. Those are %s from a quick search.

Widespread ason was quickly disproved as a conspiracy theory perpetuated by climate deniers and bots.

That's the trouble with blindly hoovering this crap up from questionable sources.

Jan. 12, 2020, 5:36 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

What’s that? Some kind of mike drop? Cam hasn’t banned you yet.  That’s what you’re hangin’ your hat on?

You mean a mic drop?

Sorry Shogun, that was totally what I meant. I guess I spell check like you fact check.

Jan. 13, 2020, 12:12 a.m.

What’s that? Some kind of mike drop? Cam hasn’t banned you yet.  That’s what you’re hangin’ your hat on?

You mean a mic drop?

Sorry Shogun, that was totally what I meant. I guess I spell check like you fact check.

Facts get in the way of Inconvient Truths.

Jan. 13, 2020, 12:17 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Arsons playing a part.

I'm unfamiliar with annual numbers but if 50-85% of Bush fires are arson and we can agree, then we do. Those are %s from a quick search.

Widespread ason was quickly disproved as a conspiracy theory perpetuated by climate deniers and bots.

That's the trouble with blindly hoovering this crap up from questionable sources.

Whats troubling is how interestingly it all went down when one takes a step back. For half a week reports of arson and people being charged with offense's circulate and then within the span of 16 hours roughly "its all" disproven and shit like the last few pages happens. So there's that trouble and then the trouble of those who blindly believe the disproof. So really, it's all the same and no reason to get that bent out of shape about.

Jan. 13, 2020, 12:51 a.m.

In reality though, shouldnt we actually want it to be "arson" in this case?

Jan. 13, 2020, 9:04 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Still calling names and getting agressive and arrogant.

For a user who accuses all the others of "taking things way too seriously" your anger is quite self- explaining.

Sticks and stones right? Agressive is also defensive. Anger is frustation. And how many names have I been called ?

For whats supposed to be the nice liberal crowd, you guys are a bunch of homophilly assholes.

In all honesty, can you be anything else than the silly jester. Always provoking and evading, false leads and whatnot.

Last edited by: Mic on Jan. 13, 2020, 9:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 13, 2020, 12:15 p.m.

For a user who accuses all the others of "taking things way too seriously" your anger is quite self- explaining.

Sticks and stones right? Agressive is also defensive. Anger is frustation. And how many names have I been called ?

For whats supposed to be the nice liberal crowd, you guys are a bunch of homophilly assholes.

In all honesty, can you be anything else than the silly jester. Always provoking and evading, false leads and whatnot.

What you quoted wasnt a jesting comment. And since when did I become funny to you?

Jan. 13, 2020, 12:31 p.m.

Whats troubling is how interestingly it all went down when one takes a step back. For half a week reports of arson and people being charged with offense's circulate and then within the span of 16 hours roughly "its all" disproven and shit like the last few pages happens. So there's that trouble and then the trouble of those who blindly believe the disproof. So really, it's all the same and no reason to get that bent out of shape about.

If arson was involved in some, most or all of these fires doesn't really matter. Has the the percentage of fires attributed to arson ramped up over the past 10, 20 years? Why are these fire's so bad? Are the arsonists just getting really good at setting fires? Or are the conditions just making their f'ed up thrills easier.

Find me a report that covers that and then there is something to talk about.  Arson has always played a huge role in Australia's bush fires, to the point where that is typically what is presumed by the public.

Jan. 13, 2020, 12:51 p.m.

Arsons playing a part.

Holy shit. You still haven't checked in with any sort of reality on this have you?

Jan. 13, 2020, 2:18 p.m.

What you quoted wasnt a jesting comment. And since when did I become funny to you?

I know, but you still have not really answered or reaxted to syncro's post on your typical patterns/rhetorics either. 

Funny....yes...sort of, simply because the last few days were quite eye-opening. I honestly think that you are not open for a proper debate. No post or user can convince you of a different perspective. For reference, see syncro's original post, among others. 

And that, Marcus, is kind of funny. But maybe you want to school me again on what is true, not to mention just, when I have the audacity to use the word "funny" (as in 'hilarious' and 'silly') when describing your posts. 

Maybe others are right and you are just a self-righteous and ebtitled and angry white person, a typical troll. 

Who knows. 

Your posts are showing quite a lot though. 

But that is fine, as long as you do not fall prey to nationalists or alt-right stuff or any other idea that snuffs creativity, for example. 

Then I would consider you "funny" no more but dangerous. And history has shown that it is useless to try and debate with idiots.

Jan. 13, 2020, 5:59 p.m.

November 6, 2006.

Jan. 13, 2020, 10:32 p.m.

Holy shit. You still haven't checked in with any sort of reality on this have you?

Holy shit - I'm so out of touch with reality that Aus. Senator Pualine Hanson seems to have similar delusions.

Jan. 13, 2020, 10:34 p.m.

I know, but you still have not really answered or reaxted to syncro's post on your typical patterns/rhetorics either. 

Funny....yes...sort of, simply because the last few days were quite eye-opening. I honestly think that you are not open for a proper debate. No post or user can convince you of a different perspective. For reference, see syncro's original post, among others. 

And that, Marcus, is kind of funny. But maybe you want to school me again on what is true, not to mention just, when I have the audacity to use the word "funny" (as in 'hilarious' and 'silly') when describing your posts. 

Maybe others are right and you are just a self-righteous and ebtitled and angry white person, a typical troll. 

Who knows. 

Your posts are showing quite a lot though.

Perhaps Syncro just wants a reaction from me? Is he an authority?

Are trolls only white people?

School me - what are my posts showing?

Jan. 13, 2020, 10:35 p.m.

November 6, 2006.

Lets just talk hockey then.

Jan. 13, 2020, 11:07 p.m.

Holy shit - I'm so out of touch with reality that Aus. Senator Pualine Hanson seems to have similar delusions.

you mean this senator Hanson?

- Senator Hanson disputes the link between human activity and climate change.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/pauline-hanson-slams-scott-morrison-over-his-pathetic-response-to-the-bushfire-crisis-and-says-hes-lost-confidence-from-australia/ar-BBYL8yX

- One Nation senator Pauline Hanson has heralded her political comeback by warning Australia is at risk of being "swamped by Muslims" and telling those who are unwilling to adapt to the Australian way of life to "go back to where you came from".
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-14/one-nation-senator-pauline-hanson-makes-first-speech-to-senate/7845150

I didn't see anything where she blamed the fires on arson tho, maybe you have a link or reference for that one?