Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

Dec. 23, 2019, 12:19 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

It's better than AW's 24 page long picture thats for sure. Just as pointless though.

Bullshit, it visualizes the stark impact we've had on our environment fantastically and calls into question the intelligence of the deniers perfectly.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Dec. 23, 2019, 12:21 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 23, 2019, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: tashi

Perfect đź‘Ś

It's better than AW's 24 page long picture thats for sure. Just as pointless though.

If the only thing you can come up with after looking at the graph is "pointless" you are a willfully blind idiot, and there's absolutely no point in arguing with you.

Last edited by: Adam-West on Dec. 23, 2019, 12:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 23, 2019, 12:32 p.m.

Marcus, did you understand syncro's post on your communicative pattern in online debates around here? It seems that you did not really respond to his remarks and thoughts as well except for that one small detail although this habit of not answering to other peopleˋs remarks and questions is an attitude that can drive you (among others) up a wall as well.

Last edited by: Mic on Dec. 23, 2019, 2:54 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 23, 2019, 2:50 p.m.

Perfect đź‘Ś

It seems you do not get the point, and I am not sure if you are just grumpy, obnoxious, arrogant or ignorant. I remember you as one of the more or less original board members, at one point you had an image of Keanu Reeves from that Philip K. Dick movie as your "avatar".

Back then users on this forum were way more active and used this forum as some form of gathering place and means of exchange. Same with all those topics such as climate change and a worrying syncro, et cetera ad infinitum.

and the cartoon as well as syncroˋs remarks about communication fit in here.

Why should anyone be interested in the bickering, arrogant and self-entitled Debater at a bbq when the only things that matter are exchange, gathering of info and context and knowledge. In an open-minded way.

Last edited by: Mic on Dec. 23, 2019, 2:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 23, 2019, 8:50 p.m.

I've got 9 feet of snow outside my window right now and it's not forecast to stop until Jan 5th.

I'm beginning to doubt.

Dec. 24, 2019, 12:24 a.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

I've got 9 feet of snow outside my window right now and it's not forecast to stop until Jan 5th.

I'm beginning to doubt.

There’s a trillion dollar industry desperately looking for your science.

Dec. 24, 2019, 12:49 a.m.

I'm beginning to doubt.

Just because the Earth's climate is getting warmer by almost 2 degrees Celsius on average does not mean that there won't be any snow.

Dec. 24, 2019, 1:49 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Marcus, did you understand syncro's post on your communicative pattern in online debates around here? It seems that you did not really respond to his remarks and thoughts as well except for that one small detail although this habit of not answering to other peopleˋs remarks and questions is an attitude that can drive you (among others) up a wall as well.

Sweeeeet jesus, how many different ways do I have answer this shit for how many different people?  You guys are expecting way too much for what you give me, which is crap and zero respect. A reply is not respect.

If you and the rest of the online world must know, I didnt touch it because he failed to answer one question, twice previously while stating I skip out on some obligatory duty to reply to everything or everyone. Not hypocritical or oxy moronical at all.

Do you understand that or do I have to teach you WW2 history again?

Dec. 24, 2019, 1:51 a.m.

I'm beginning to doubt.

Tell me you have a sled!

Dec. 24, 2019, 1:58 a.m.

I'm beginning to doubt.

Just because the Earth's climate is getting warmer by almost 2 degrees Celsius on average does not mean that there won't be any snow.

Have sea levels risen by the amount they should've yet?

Dec. 24, 2019, 2:13 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Perfect đź‘Ś

If the only thing you can come up with after looking at the graph is "pointless" you are a willfully blind idiot, and there's absolutely no point in arguing with you.

Why argue with someone clearly smarter than you - booo ya!

You didnt need to embed a 24 page LONG picture was my point. Yes, 24 page downs it took to clear your link that actually has been posted at least five times in different graph fashions in the coure of this thead while the previously posted ones were much more concise (give or take a +- of 3 graph fashions - we all know by now the last 100 years have been "bad" or "unaverage").

Dec. 24, 2019, 2:25 a.m.

Sweeeeet jesus, how many different ways do I have answer this shit for how many different people? You guys are expecting way too much for what you give me, which is crap and zero respect. A reply is not respect.

If you and the rest of the online world must know, I didnt touch it because he failed to answer one question, twice previously while stating I skip out on some obligatory duty to reply to everything or everyone. Not hypocritical or oxy moronical at all.

Do you understand that or do I have to teach you WW2 history again?

Hahahahaha....cute. Respect is earned. And so far I am not aware of having you disrespected. Heated arguments, yes. But disrespect? If so, apologies.

And you are right - a reply does not equal respect. Which in turn can be applied to you and your way of arguing as well....see Syncro's post above.

By the way, I think that splitting hairs and counting peas and trying to find a common ground for further exchange is not the same. Rather, a different universe.

Last edited by: Mic on Dec. 24, 2019, 2:32 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 24, 2019, 2:39 a.m.

Aaaaaand I'm still waiting on your answer from three quotes ago now. You guys are really bad for doing what you claim I do (not answering ?s). And how much winning do you think I'd be doing against the whole global climate science establishment? You guys just link up articles and accept it.

If I debase a conversation, perhaps you give yourselve's too much credit. Like I said, whats the point of this thread? Panic the masses? I was once accused of driving fear through the Ebola thread... ahhh memories.

And you realize if I wasnt posting in this thread, it'd be dead like the rest of NBR ?

1. Which question from three quotes ago?

2. I think the articles “we” link up tend to be backed up by peer reviewed research. That’s why we share them  

3. The point of the thread, as has been stated already, is to talk about climate change and what’s driving it. 

4.  If you weren’t posting in this thread the rest of us would still be here discussing climate change and most likely in a less frustrating manner. 

Here’s a suggestion, if you have something you think disputes climate change share it and let us know why you think this shows that climate change science is either not real or somehow faulty. And if you could do us a big favour, try and stick to one point at a time and deal with that before moving on.

Dec. 24, 2019, 3:02 a.m.

One of the things that concerns me the most about climate change, and I’ve mentioned it before, is the cascade effect. That’s where a climate change effect causes further effects that are even worse. It’s kind of like a nuclear plant meltdown, where you hit a point where nothing can be done to stop it. One area that fits into the cascade effect is the melting of artic permafrost and it was pretty bad this past summer. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/permafrost-melting-1.5119767

Dec. 24, 2019, 7:23 a.m.

I'm beginning to doubt.

Have sea levels risen by the amount they should've yet?

As with a lot of climate science, it depends which evidence you would like to cherry pick, but ask the folks who live in Venice what they think.