Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

May 23, 2019, 5:03 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

No if I was naive I would've said 7/8 people in the world recycle and care about the planet and that the evil 1/8 are responsible for this whole mess.

Which sounds more realistic you hostile twat?

Not sure if I ever recommended this but try an indica for a change and calm the fuck down already.

Lol got same advice. Everyone who feels that you should get off the conspiracy boards and open a newspaper, or your eyes, and wake up to the world around you...needs to smoke pot.

May 23, 2019, 9:37 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: Brocklanders

Can we save the hate for the ebikes? Were are trying to save the planet here.

I'm not hating anyone.

I know you aren't, was just kidding around... wasn't trying to offend.

Offend? Me? lol....

Doesn't seem to affect the guys I work with who commute from the Fraser Valley each day in their giant lifted dodge trucks.... 

Shame!

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/05/23/Canada-Cars-Gas-Guzzlers/

May 24, 2019, 4:49 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

No if I was naive I would've said 7/8 people in the world recycle and care about the planet and that the evil 1/8 are responsible for this whole mess.

Not sure if I ever recommended this but try an indica for a change and calm the fuck down already.

Lol got same advice. Everyone who feels that you should get off the conspiracy boards and open a newspaper, or your eyes, and wake up to the world around you...needs to smoke pot.

I think they need to smoke pot while trying to watch the evening news. If they stay asleep so to speak, then apply the reverse advice? I unno anymore.

May 24, 2019, 4:50 a.m.

. I'd say 1-2 in 8 people recycle world wide.

I'd say your math is fucked up! Are you just naive?

Wow. Didn't realize you were such a snowflake. Calm down yourself, it's just an exclamation mark. lol....

DONT TRIGGER ME BITCH!

(ahhh better now)

And I cant help it if I read almost all of your posts as if you'r condescending to the board with a megaphone (without or without caps).

May 24, 2019, 8:49 a.m.

Do you two ever get together for beers? If so,where and when?

May 24, 2019, 1:47 p.m.

Plastics/recycling etc, CP sez....

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/04/16/talking-trash-unfortunate-truths-about-recycling/print/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/29/why-recycling-is-a-pseudo-solution-to-reducing-plastic-waste/print/

May 24, 2019, 4:18 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Cruise ships seem like a huge fucking waste. 

They either run off Bunker C or Heavy Crude. All the supplies needed for a voyage. All the shitty cunts flying into and out of the departure and arrival ports.

Then start to think about where most of our consumer goods come from and how they get here. When you start to expand your thinking about what's impacting climate change suddenly the outcome becomes very grim. Our lifestyles need to completely change.

Climate change will allow for quicker shipping routes.

May 24, 2019, 4:29 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

11 billion is the middle projection by 2100 and something tells me shit's gonna hit the fan before that comes to pass. The low projection is that it will have dropped back to where it is today by 2100, but I am not sure how they get the numbers.

It’s you people having children that are ruining it all. That why I’m kinda glad that I was lucky enough to be born ugly so that no woman would have me and I can live with a clear conscience about not contributing to the demise of the human race.

True, but you become way better looking with a chainsaw in your hands...;)

May 27, 2019, 9:26 a.m.

11 billion is the middle projection by 2100 and something tells me shit's gonna hit the fan before that comes to pass. The low projection is that it will have dropped back to where it is today by 2100, but I am not sure how they get the numbers.

It’s you people having children that are ruining it all. That why I’m kinda glad that I was lucky enough to be born ugly so that no woman would have me and I can live with a clear conscience about not contributing to the demise of the human race.

Oh the irony.  LOL.  I don't have children, I have one child.  If everyone followed my lead the global population would drop by less than half every generation.  And that was not easy for me to pull off, because I am handsome as hell.

May 27, 2019, 9:27 a.m.

Posted by: BigFoot

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Cruise ships seem like a huge fucking waste. 

They either run off Bunker C or Heavy Crude. All the supplies needed for a voyage. All the shitty cunts flying into and out of the departure and arrival ports.

Then start to think about where most of our consumer goods come from and how they get here. When you start to expand your thinking about what's impacting climate change suddenly the outcome becomes very grim. Our lifestyles need to completely change.

Climate change will allow for quicker shipping routes.

Even faster once all of humanity has to live on the shores of the Arctic.

May 29, 2019, 5:51 p.m.

Oh the irony.  LOL.  I don't have children, I have one child.  If everyone followed my lead the global population would drop by less than half every generation.  And that was not easy for me to pull off, because I am handsome as hell.

Just goes to show that the good looking arent always smart

;)

May 29, 2019, 5:55 p.m.

Lets move away from recycling and onto two other things:

Carbon Tax - yay or nay? I'm a nay, suprise surprise.

and

The last 12 months in the US has (apparently) been the wettest on record. Bad news for food crops. This should be on the news. We should be distrubiting aqua and aero ponic kits (paid for by carbon tax of course).

May 30, 2019, 12:55 p.m.

and

The last 12 months in the US has (apparently) been the wettest on record. Bad news for food crops. This should be on the news. We should be distrubiting aqua and aero ponic kits (paid for by carbon tax of course).

I think we should tax all negative externalities.  Why should someone living a carbon neutral existence suffer from the rest of us that are not?

If the wettest 12 months falls under the header of extreme weather then I think it is covered quite a bit.

May 30, 2019, 6:46 p.m.

and

I’m not sure where I stand on the carbon tax either.I believe from a business point of view, costs due to the tax just get rolled over to consumers. I’m also sceptical of where the tax collected ends up. Every political party knows the shell game. 

As for your second point, huh?

June 1, 2019, 1:16 a.m.

For clarification on my second topic:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-27/crop-tastrophe-midwest-latest-usda-crop-progress-report-signals-nightmare-scenario