Climate Change - so I'm starting to panic a bit

Dec. 12, 2019, 7:15 p.m.

Eat what you want to eat, but try to buy the stuff that comes from local growers / sources. Try to eat what's in season.

Dec. 12, 2019, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: KenN

See, even when you put up a link to something that is reputable and based on peer-reviewed science, you still put the most extremist slant on it.

tungsten, pay attention to that. That is exactly why people tend to give you short shrift with your posts. It's also why you, and people with the same attitude, are as much of a danger to progressive ideals as those on the far right. That type of chest thumbing and rabble rousing turns a lot of people off and it gives those with opposing views ammunition to disregard or discredit what you're saying. Like I said in the other thread, it's time you smarten the fuck up. Fight the same good fight, just don't be such an obnoxious boor when you do it.

Tungsten, I think if you were not leaning toward extremism, people may give your posts more legitimacy. You definitely make some good points in alot of your posts, but you may turn people off.

Dec. 13, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: KenN

See, even when you put up a link to something that is reputable and based on peer-reviewed science, you still put the most extremist slant on it.

tungsten, pay attention to that. That is exactly why people tend to give you short shrift with your posts. It's also why you, and people with the same attitude, are as much of a danger to progressive ideals as those on the far right. That type of chest thumbing and rabble rousing turns a lot of people off and it gives those with opposing views ammunition to disregard or discredit what you're saying. Like I said in the other thread, it's time you smarten the fuck up. Fight the same good fight, just don't be such an obnoxious boor when you do it.

Tungsten, I think if you were not leaning toward extremism, people may give your posts more legitimacy. You definitely make some good points in alot of your posts, but you may turn people off.

I agree with these guys.  I am usually the first to argue with you, but I will admit that you have opened my eyes to a few things and you don't usually peddle bullshit.  I will still argue because that is what I do, but some of these sources make disregarding your points too easy.

Dec. 15, 2019, 5:46 p.m.

Aristotle once said; "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Arguments are good. What kind of world would it be if everyone agreed? Maybe it's all in the delivery?

Dec. 15, 2019, 7:13 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

but some of these sources make disregarding your points too easy.

Oh yeah??...   https://globalnews.ca/news/6299545/bc-clearcutting-forests-climate-change/  .....take that!

Dec. 15, 2019, 10:15 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Hepcat

/\Yup, area I live in is near the top of the list for threatened species of birds.

The unfolding negative effects of global warming that nobody has predicted is what's most frightening. In my area the warming ocean has slowed the predominant wind pattern, bringing less moisture to higher elevations, causing deforestation. We've already lost species.

Link for that? Warmer waters usually feed winds (hurricane season anyone?).

The internet wants to blame cats in NA for the loss of birds.

I assume google is part of the deep state conspiracy and can't be trusted?

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/23985-tradewinds-decrease-hawaii.html

Dec. 16, 2019, 12:16 a.m.

Not even controversial.

Dec. 16, 2019, 12:27 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Not even controversial.

Even the cats accept this as truth.

Dec. 17, 2019, 9:45 a.m.

Dec. 17, 2019, 9:57 a.m.

The Ford Model T came out in 1908.  Coincidence?

Dec. 18, 2019, 6:02 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: tungsten

Not even controversial.

Even the cats accept this as truth.

Lol. Most peoples cats dont go outside anymore.

If they do, they're not top of the food chain between coyotes/coys and those fun loving trash panda's.

ps: Cat's could solve Vancouver's rat problem.

Dec. 18, 2019, 6:19 p.m.

So Reductitron asked me this in the Trump thread regarding climate change:

**"we humans are not to blame in the least"

How would you design the science experiment to prove that?

It'd be quite easy actually. Consider most so called climate deniers believe it's the Sun and Volcano's not humans to blame. So we'd try to prove which gas simply blocks more heat and or light. So, we'd have two ballons, thermometers, some grow/heat lights, light sensors and one cylinder of CO2 and another of SO2 (sulfur dioxide, the same gas volcano's belch out).

First, insert light sensors and thermo's into ballon.

Second, fill one balloon with each different gas. Make sure to compesensate % in case one is denser..

Third, monitor readings of light and heat inside the ballons in different situations. Left out in the day light all day, then place inside an aquarium/hot box, leave lights over it, check readings of light and heat and compare. Maybe submerge them in sea water to check underwater differences.

If the SO2 has lower readings, then Shogun is technically right and has been right all along and ALL Y'ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FOOLS FOR FALLING FOR TRULY MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING. Cool part about this is, any local University can perform this experiment. Probably a decent grower could too lols.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Dec. 18, 2019, 6:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 18, 2019, 6:30 p.m.

/\Yup, area I live in is near the top of the list for threatened species of birds.

The unfolding negative effects of global warming that nobody has predicted is what's most frightening. In my area the warming ocean has slowed the predominant wind pattern, bringing less moisture to higher elevations, causing deforestation. We've already lost species.

Link for that? Warmer waters usually feed winds (hurricane season anyone?).

I assume google is part of the deep state conspiracy and can't be trusted?

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/23985-tradewinds-decrease-hawaii.html

No just after years of jumping through hoops for various user's of NBR, I've discovered nothing I link is worthy and there's always some probably with what I link. If it's not, it has to be cognitive dissonance and the dunning kruger effect.

Dec. 18, 2019, 6:35 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Aristotle once said; "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Arguments are good. What kind of world would it be if everyone agreed? Maybe it's all in the delivery?

Dude thats my signature on this here forum.

It doesnt add any perspective for people from what I can tell.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 18, 2019, 7:54 p.m.

So Reductitron asked me this in the Trump thread regarding climate change:

**"we humans are not to blame in the least"

How would you design the science experiment to prove that?

It'd be quite easy actually. Consider most so called climate deniers believe it's the Sun and Volcano's not humans to blame. So we'd try to prove which gas simply blocks more heat and or light. So, we'd have two ballons, thermometers, some grow/heat lights, light sensors and one cylinder of CO2 and another of SO2 (sulfur dioxide, the same gas volcano's belch out).

First, insert light sensors and thermo's into ballon.

Second, fill one balloon with each different gas. Make sure to compesensate % in case one is denser..

Third, monitor readings of light and heat inside the ballons in different situations. Left out in the day light all day, then place inside an aquarium/hot box, leave lights over it, check readings of light and heat and compare. Maybe submerge them in sea water to check underwater differences.

If the SO2 has lower readings, then Shogun is technically right and has been right all along and ALL Y'ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FOOLS FOR FALLING FOR TRULY MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING. Cool part about this is, any local University can perform this experiment. Probably a decent grower could too lols.

Jesus man, that's not how science works.