Classic Canadian Rock

Aug. 18, 2012, 11:03 a.m.

We saw Honeymoon Suite up here in Kamloops late last Fall. It was freaking amazing. The guitarist actually looked like he hadn't aged a day. The singer was spot on too. Great show.

Neil Young November 11th. Pumped!

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Aug. 18, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

Blue Rodeo, Platinum Blond (not), Barney Bentall, Aldo Nova, Lighthouse, Chilliwack, and of course, Five Man Electrical Band.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 18, 2012, 12:08 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9anLK6cnk

Aug. 18, 2012, 3:06 p.m.

With 50K of your Canadian tax payer $$$ the Nisga used to bring big classic rock bands to the Res for Kincolith crab fest which is at the very end of the road seriously in the middle of nowhere, you could buy oolichan or salmon or a cooked crab for 4$ from a friendly nisga local

Big groups like Big Sugar, Downchild, Nazereth, Trooper ect on a proffesional quality sound stage unfortunatley they don't get the govy handout anymore so the sound sucked last year and so did the lineup …end of kincolith crabfest

Some reserves up here are remote access and dry but NOT Kincolith

Aug. 18, 2012, 3:39 p.m.

Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet!

Aug. 18, 2012, 7:35 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWVXuEULg4

ski faster, I hear banjo music

Aug. 18, 2012, 7:58 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9anLK6cnk

Saw them, at UBC Armory, when the were just starting. Lots of guys were gaga over Mills. She definitely could sing really loud.

Best bar band I've seen was a band of a few Alert Bay locals called Canned Salmon.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 19, 2012, 11:28 a.m.

I Mixed up/somehow remembered Denise Mcann as the singer in headpins maybe I heard it on Randy Bachmanns CBC show because Denise eventualy married him and often sings on the show with him

She was Headpins 1st singer but her sound didn't fit the band so they eventualy hired Darby Mills, come to think of it I always wondered how the Denise Mcann I heard on Randy's Vynal tap could make the sound I remember Headpins used to belt out

http://www.canadianbands.com/home.html

All kinds of info on old Canuck bands in here ^^

Aug. 19, 2012, 6:13 p.m.

strapping young lad, voivod, and skinny puppy: essential Canadian classics

Aug. 19, 2012, 8:44 p.m.

the guitarist from StoneBolt was a grade behind me at HS but it was so fucking long ago even tho I recognise and have talked to him I don't remember his name

I'm so old that Heart used to play our HS dances

Aug. 19, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

I'm so old that Heart used to play our HS dances

Me too. And April Wine. Nancy Wilson was pretty hot way back when. Ann has gained a lot of weight since then. What HS did you go to?

ski faster, I hear banjo music

Aug. 20, 2012, 12:21 a.m.

Ann Wilson was such a babe. Check out YouTube vids of her from the early 70s.

Saw Stonebolt at the Cave, and really enjoyed the show.

It's too bad the live band scene isn't as popular as it used to be.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 20, 2012, 8:06 a.m.

Me too. And April Wine. Nancy Wilson was pretty hot way back when. Ann has gained a lot of weight since then. What HS did you go to?

yeah those were the pre donut days and they were hot back then

Kensington followed by Burnaby North … it was so long ago we regularly rode expansion chambered un muffled dirt bikes on Burnaby mtn and there was a motocross race behind the uni

The disco scene of the early to mid 70's killed live music … which spawned punk and DOA, Joe Keithly, Charles [HTML_REMOVED] Ken Montgomery were burnaby north alumni and we all lived on the side of the mountain, Joe was pretty smart and got good marks we used to copy off each other in Social studies, Chuck [HTML_REMOVED] ken got called to the office a lot for skippng out to get stoned

even in HS Joe was a politicaly active member of the NDP

Aug. 20, 2012, 10:30 p.m.

strapping young lad, voivod, and skinny puppy: essential Canadian classics

Had to be quoted.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.