City council considers ban on knives!

June 26, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

I've attached a machete to my camelback. "For bushwacking, Officer. Strictly bushwacking."

Wrong. Always.

June 26, 2012, 1:06 p.m.

3vets is great, i got a machete from there last week

:P

I go there for the T-shirts.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 26, 2012, 1:50 p.m.

shitty, but carrying edged tools in the city is awesome, bringing a chain saw onto the sky train will guarantee you a seat any time of day.

i think we should just ban shitty TV shows like game of thrones and dexter so stupid people aren't conditioned to think an edged tool is only used for violence and murder. i know it hard to believe people are that stupid but a few week ago on the way down from running up a trail on eagle to see if any windfall had come down i was using my hatchet as a hammer to drive a nail into a new ladder crossing a ditch at the bottom of the trail. then some fat ass pencil pusher who could just see me from his car stopped in the middle of the road, but he was too afraid or lazy to get out and see what was going on so he immediately freaked out and called the cops. then he took off when i saw him staring at me as i walked back to my car. i don't know what crazy story he told the cops but when four cops caught up to me in front of the fire hall at Newport they got me out of my car at gun point and are arresting me spread out face first on the ground as one of them goes to cheek out the passenger seat and yells out "he's got a axe and a knife." before they even ask me what i was doing.

June 26, 2012, 2:03 p.m.

shitty, but carrying edged tools in the city is awesome, bringing a chain saw onto the sky train will guarantee you a seat any time of day.

i think we should just ban shitty TV shows like game of thrones and dexter so stupid people aren't conditioned to think an edged tool is only used for violence and murder. i know it hard to believe people are that stupid but a few week ago on the way down from running up a trail on eagle to see if any windfall had come down i was using my hatchet as a hammer to drive a nail into a new ladder crossing a ditch at the bottom of the trail. then some fat ass pencil pusher who could just see me from his car stopped in the middle of the road, but he was too afraid or lazy to get out and see what was going on so he immediately freaked out and called the cops. then he took off when i saw him staring at me as i walked back to my car. i don't know what crazy story he told the cops but when four cops caught up to me in front of the fire hall at Newport they got me out of my car at gun point and are arrested me spread out face first on the ground as one of them goes to cheek out the passenger seat and yells out "he's got a axe and a knife." before they even ask me what i was doing.

sniff sniff Anyone else smell bullshit?

June 26, 2012, 2:15 p.m.

sniff sniff Anyone else smell bullshit?

well i have only been on the train twice with a saw so getting a seat might not be 100% guaranteed, but i was defiantly looking down the barrel of two pistols.

June 26, 2012, 2:28 p.m.

well i have only been on the train twice with a saw so getting a seat might not be 100% guaranteed, but i was defiantly looking down the barrel of two pistols.

I will believe ya. That is fucking hilarious (although less so at the time I am sure). Did they take you downtown for questioning?

June 26, 2012, 2:55 p.m.

i though it was all pretty funny except when they kneeled down on my back to put on the hand cuffs, i actually got a small shot of adrenaline from that. no i didn't go down to the station, i let them do there thing for 5 mins then told them they can cheek with their staff sergeant who was the best man at my parents wedding that i wasn't dangerous or on any med's or anything. so they just put me in the back seat, gave him a call then came back and said they arrested me to make sure i wasn't going to hurt myself or anyone them let me go.

June 26, 2012, 3:01 p.m.

i think we should just ban shitty TV shows like game of thrones and dexter so stupid people aren't conditioned to think an edged tool is only used for violence and murder. i know it hard to believe people are that stupid but a few week ago on the way down from running up a trail on eagle to see if any windfall had come down i was using my hatchet as a hammer to drive a nail into a new ladder crossing a ditch at the bottom of the trail. then some fat ass pencil pusher who could just see me from his car stopped in the middle of the road, but he was too afraid or lazy to get out and see what was going on so he immediately freaked out and called the cops. then he took off when i saw him staring at me as i walked back to my car. i don't know what crazy story he told the cops but when four cops caught up to me in front of the fire hall at Newport they got me out of my car at gun point and are arresting me spread out face first on the ground as one of them goes to cheek out the passenger seat and yells out "he's got a axe and a knife." before they even ask me what i was doing.

Cop's wet dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jezSeQnfCg

June 26, 2012, 3:15 p.m.

i though it was all pretty funny except when they kneeled down on my back to put on the hand cuffs, i actually got a small shot of adrenaline from that. no i didn't go down to the station, i let them do there thing for 5 mins then told them they can cheek with their staff sergeant who was the best man at my parents wedding that i wasn't dangerous or on any med's or anything. so they just put me in the back seat, gave him a call then came back and said they arrested me to make sure i wasn't going to hurt myself or anyone them let me go.

I wonder what the idiot at the side of the road told them. Seems like quite the over reaction unless he out and out lied and said you were about to chop your nuts off or something.

June 26, 2012, 3:28 p.m.

i was defiantly looking down the barrel of two pistols.

Careful, that sort of behaviour can illicit the kind of response you don't want from the man. :rolleyes:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 26, 2012, 3:33 p.m.

Hopefully this will just blow over. It a stupid idea and woudl be impossible to enforce properly. As stated in the the article we have a city councilor out here in Saskatoon who keeps trying to get a knife ban in place cause we have a decent number of stabbings and "edged weapon" offences here. We are just starting to get into shootings, so we are a bit behind the times when compared to larger cities. The knife and machete are still the tools of choice here it seems.

The main problem they have had trying to pass this thing here, other than the whole enforcement of it, is how to determine who can and cannot carry a knife. Like when does a tool become a weapon. They can't seem to grasp the fact that a knfe is a tool until there is intent to do harm. People use knives every day on the job or at home and don't stab each other or hold up a gas station.

I carry a knife every day and have yet to stab anyone, but if the law was to pass I would be an instant criminal. I can't see it ever passing here and I hope you all don't have to deal with this for too long either.

June 26, 2012, 3:50 p.m.

I carry a knife every day ………..

Wow, you'd fit right in around here.

June 26, 2012, 4:44 p.m.

I wonder what the idiot at the side of the road told them. Seems like quite the over reaction unless he out and out lied and said you were about to chop your nuts off or something.

all he could see was my back as i was kneeling down on the ground swinging the hatchet over my head to drive a nail. he probably thought i was smashing in someones head or hacking off my foot or something.

i have never see that guy up there before but its at the end of a cul-de-sac so im sure he lives close by, i should go back up there and just yell out " one of these days IM GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!" then when i get arrested again i can just say i wasn't threatening anyone officer, im just singing along to pink floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvAwBDbuIo

June 26, 2012, 5:27 p.m.

This sounds like the similar brilliant suggestion from TO councillor Adam Vaughon of banning bullets. Immediately followed by the police laughing at any idea this would do anything to stopping this crap.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/