China Syndrome

July 21, 2022, 4:50 p.m.

🤣

July 21, 2022, 4:56 p.m.

There are tons of articles on the scandal that aren't random twitter accounts baking theories adding pictures of tanks in another part of the country and saying it's somehow related. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-21/china-to-repay-more-victims-next-week-in-biggest-bank-scam

What this actually is is a case of Chinese people successfully protesting and the government taking the requested action. 

The CCPis bad enough we don't need to make shit up.

July 21, 2022, 5:17 p.m.

That's the reason my in-laws finally threw in the towel and escaped from communist Vietnam, the government came through and seized everyone's bank accounts, labeling them something euphemistic like Government investment products.

July 21, 2022, 5:25 p.m.

Military drills in cities?

July 21, 2022, 8:03 p.m.

What happened to Tungsten? Did he get banned like A Shogun named Marcus?

July 22, 2022, 5:15 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

That's the reason my in-laws finally threw in the towel and escaped from communist Vietnam, the government came through and seized everyone's bank accounts, labeling them something euphemistic like Government investment products.

That's cool but this thread is about China.

My in-laws are still there and just built a three story house on their land allotment.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on July 22, 2022, 5:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 22, 2022, 7:31 a.m.

Posted by: switch

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/canadian-military-storms-vancouver-island-beach-for-large-scale-exercise-1.5900303

July 22, 2022, 7:35 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

My in-laws are still there and just built a three story house on their land allotment.

Under Chinese communism would your in-laws still have that home if they'd posted pictures of tank man? If they'd received this innocuous link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man from their relative overseas in an email? I hope they remain good citizens as determined by the constant government surveillance, and don't ever slip below the threshold to be sent to a reeducation camp. 

Like my in-laws were under communism. They were not "good citizens", they called a spade a spade.

July 22, 2022, 7:56 a.m.

Under Chinese communism would your in-laws still have that home if they'd posted pictures of tank man? If they'd received this innocuous link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man from their relative overseas in an email? I hope they remain good citizens as determined by the constant government surveillance, and don't ever slip below the threshold to be sent to a reeducation camp. 

Like my in-laws were under communism. They were not "good citizens", they called a spade a spade.

Dude you posted some inaccurate shit and I pushed back and clarified the details you got wrong. 

I already said the CCP was bad enough you don't need to make shit up.

July 22, 2022, 8:43 a.m.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/canadian-military-storms-vancouver-island-beach-for-large-scale-exercise-1.5900303

That's the same as rolling tanks through a city?

July 22, 2022, 9:09 a.m.

That's the same as rolling tanks through a city?

I don't know. You asked about military drill in a city not tanks rolling down the street. 

This is all started with sethimus sharing blatant misinformation and now everyone's like what about what about what about

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on July 22, 2022, 9:23 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 22, 2022, 9:26 a.m.

Nobody here is lying to you my man, none of this is make believe. 

As to my story, my wife still bears a horrific scar from communist reeducation camp when she was an infant.

All of this is real, your in-laws can't post a picture of tank man because they are being surveilled and they fear repercussions from their government.

I'm not sure why you are posting Chinese propaganda here though, do you fear you are being surveilled? Do you feel afriad to post something like a picture of tank man?

July 22, 2022, 10:50 a.m.

Nobody here is lying to you my man, none of this is make believe. 

As to my story, my wife still bears a horrific scar from communist reeducation camp when she was an infant.

All of this is real, your in-laws can't post a picture of tank man because they are being surveilled and they fear repercussions from their government.

I'm not sure why you are posting Chinese propaganda here though, do you fear you are being surveilled? Do you feel afriad to post something like a picture of tank man?

Do you even know how to read? 

How many times do I have to tell you I think the Chinese government is bad?

July 22, 2022, 11:04 a.m.

Let's review, read it slowly Hepcat so we don't keep going in circles. 

The claim from Hepcat: Chinese government rolled out tanks to protect banks that they instructed to steal the people's money. 

The reality which I shared evidence to support: 

Corrupt bankers attempted to embezzle people's money. Citizens lots their shit and protested. Chinese government is now attempting to return the money to the people affected and the tanks were from a completely unrelated thing in a completely different part of the country. 

The response: OH MY GOD YOU LOVE THE CCP YOU LOVE COMMIES YOU'RE SPREADING PROPGANDA FOR THEM. 

I'm sorry about the experiences of your in-laws but that has literally nothing to do with this event.

July 22, 2022, 12:14 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

What happened to Tungsten? Did he get banned like A Shogun named Marcus?

He seemed to vanish just after Russia attacked Ukraine.  His last post was 9 days after the invasion.  Read into that what you will.