China Syndrome

Sept. 26, 2021, 12:53 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

committing crimes,

Which ones?

Sept. 26, 2021, 1:32 p.m.

the ones she was charged with ?

the ones which she eventualy pleded guilty to

Meng Wanzhou appeared virtually in a New York court Friday and it was announced that she had reached a deferred prosecution agreement relating to fraud charges laid against her by U.S. authorities

did she only plead guilty to get out of jail ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 26, 2021, 1:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 26, 2021, 2:24 p.m.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/

Actualy read the artical ^^ it was china's idea to release the 2 detained Canadians, the USA did not make the release of the detainees a condition of the case against Meng

Canada never backed down from its commitment to international law, never sucumbed to pressure

this was in effect a hostage taking by China, Meng and the Michel's were released and on flights simultaneously, this was a cloak and dagger prisoner exchange ... cold war tactics

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 26, 2021, 2:42 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 27, 2021, 3:23 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Great news that the two Michaels are coming home tomorrow. 

I guess any question of whether they were being held as retaliation for Meng Wanzhou is settled.

I guess..

I'm still wondering what made those two the targets for retaliation out of the three hundred thousand Canadians living in China they had to choose from. 

Did they just put all 300k names into a rolling raffle barrel and draw two?

Sept. 27, 2021, 5 p.m.

To be fair the US kind of decided what Huawei was doing was illegal on their own. 

I still don't fully understand why they get to say which countries other countries are allowed to do business with.

Sept. 27, 2021, 7 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

To be fair the US kind of decided what Huawei was doing was illegal on their own. 

I still don't fully understand why they get to say which countries other countries are allowed to do business with.

Dude, they're the indispensable nation doncha' know. A shining city on a hill. The moral equivalent of our founding fathers. Oh no, wait, that was the Taliban. My bad.

Sept. 27, 2021, 8:17 p.m.

Canada had to do what they did as a part of international law that was the between a rock and a hard place part and China took hostages

why did she agree to the deferred prosecution agreement ?

Sept. 28, 2021, 8:42 a.m.

So anybody here is ok with arbitrarily being detained by the chinese  ?

but maybe not  being arbitrarily detained by the Americans ?

Sept. 28, 2021, 10:13 a.m.

Hows about being arbitrarily detained by the Canadians at the behest of the Amerikans?

why did she agree to the deferred prosecution agreement ?

So she could lose the ankle bracelet and gtfo of your stinkin' counrty eh? No loss of face in that given the yanks and their sanctions are an international joke. Veritable moving goal posts as it suits their macinations.

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 28, 2021, 10:17 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2021, 11:12 a.m.

I mean YOU who are reading this, so you wouldn't mind being arbitrarily detained in China and that would be IN a 6x15' cell with the lights on 24 hrs a day as opposed to wearing designer clothes in a Shaunessy mansion,sleeping in 600 thread count perfumed sheets

altho I admit the monitoring anklet does ruin the cachet of her Manolo blaniks or maybe they were Jimmy Choos ?

she admitted to fraud

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 28, 2021, 12:42 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Sept. 28, 2021, 1:33 p.m.

she was playing make believe

Sept. 28, 2021, 3:32 p.m.

But why them? 

You really think there's nothing shady about one of the only westerners to have a personal relationship with Kim Jong Un? 

Or a guy who works for the ICG? An heavily funded western think tank organization famous for championing NATO wars and awarding the president of myanmar the pursuit of peace award at the same time he was cleansing his country of rohynga muslims? 

I'm willing to believe it was retaliation detaining them but there was definitely something that set those two apart from the other 300 thousand Canadians they could have chosen.

Sept. 28, 2021, 4:12 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Great news that the two Michaels are coming home tomorrow. 

I guess any question of whether they were being held as retaliation for Meng Wanzhou is settled.

I guess..

I'm still wondering what made those two the targets for retaliation out of the three hundred thousand Canadians living in China they had to choose from. 

Did they just put all 300k names into a rolling raffle barrel and draw two?

Maybe it's that they worked in organizations that were not favourable to the CCP so they were easy targets for the CCP? The irony of course is that they weren't in positions that could reasonably be considered of having access to information worthy of the espionage they were charges with. Even more ironic is the fact that stolen intellectual property from Nortel went to China and probably helped Huawei become what it is today.

Sept. 28, 2021, 5:01 p.m.

But why them? 

You really think there's nothing shady about one of the only westerners to have a personal relationship with Kim Jong Un? 

Or a guy who works for the ICG? An heavily funded western think tank organization famous for championing NATO wars and awarding the president of myanmar the pursuit of peace award at the same time he was cleansing his country of rohynga muslims? 

I'm willing to believe it was retaliation detaining them but there was definitely something that set those two apart from the other 300 thousand Canadians they could have chosen.

Dude.

Sept. 28, 2021, 5:39 p.m.

So anybody here is ok with arbitrarily being detained by the chinese ?

but maybe not being arbitrarily detained by the Americans ?

But why them?

exactly retaliation for something and that retaliation part was ok just a normal thing for china and therefore ok ?

trump offering to cut a deal also pretty fucked

I don't see anybody in this thread putting up their hand  willing to be arbitraily detained anywhere

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 28, 2021, 5:41 p.m., edited 1 time in total.