China Syndrome

Aug. 4, 2020, 4:52 p.m.

That's strange because the ruling party is called The Communist Party Of China.

Aug. 4, 2020, 5:41 p.m.

Well, 'merica calls itself a democracy, don't it?

Aug. 5, 2020, 1:19 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

Not defending them. Just jerking your chain. Did you read what Nick wrote? The Chinese are a menace. They may well be abusing those people but always one should be skeptical/aware of who is making hay about it and their reasons for doing so.

So you have come around to the fact that it is happening as long as we all understand that communism has nothing to do with it?

It may or may not be, China ain't communist, cui bono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhcrXYA6tM

Aug. 5, 2020, 2:09 p.m.

What are you on about? Canada's prisons are full of native peeps being held against their will for "re-education" purposes.

Aug. 6, 2020, 9:53 a.m.

What are you on about? Canada's prisons are full of native peeps being held against their will for "re-education" purposes.

What about, what about, what about??   This is the China thread bro.  Try and keep up.

And if you want to compare what is going on there with Canada the residential school system is quite similar and was an absolute horror.  And quit hijacking minority causes in a sad attempt to gain the upper hand.

Back to the Uighurs.

Aug. 6, 2020, 1:49 p.m.

Back indeed. You Canadians, if it ain't blacks in amerika it's the poor, poor Uighurs. Always quick to point the finger elsewhere to assuage your guilty consciences for your own historical and ongoing mistreatment of the powerless amoungst you. And it is legion.

Hey why don't we ever hear a peep around here about the Rohingya? 

Q.) Why aren't you all over that? A.) 'cause can't blame teh Chinese!

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were acts of premeditated mass murder unleashing a weapon of intrinsic criminality. It was justified by lies that form the bedrock of 21st century U.S. war propaganda, casting a new enemy, and target – China.

Modern China’s epic achievements, its defeat of mass poverty, and the pride and contentment of its people (measured forensically by American pollsters such as Pew) are wilfully unknown or misunderstood in the West. This alone is a commentary on the lamentable state of Western journalism and the abandonment of honest reporting.

China’s repressive dark side and what we like to call its “authoritarianism” are the facade we are allowed to see almost exclusively. It is as if we are fed unending tales of the evil super-villain Dr. Fu Manchu. And it is time we asked why: before it is too late to stop the next Hiroshima.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/08/03/atomic-bombings-at-75-john-pilger-another-hiroshima-is-coming-unless-we-stop-it-now/

Aug. 6, 2020, 5 p.m.

How many millions did Mao kill?

Aug. 6, 2020, 5:45 p.m.

Posted by: switch

In 1958, he launched the Great Leap Forward that aimed to rapidly transform China's economy from agrarian to industrial, which led to the deadliest famine in history and the deaths of 20–46 million people between 1958 and 1962. That's more than Adolf or Joseph. Mao wins the Top gun trophy.

Fake news?

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Aug. 6, 2020, 5:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 6, 2020, 7:33 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Apparently not enough for you lot.

Aug. 6, 2020, 9:23 p.m.

Imagine a world where I can hate Stalin, Hitler, Mao, the CPC, the way we've dealt with and are dealing with our Indigenous.

How can you not be for the above?  How can it be a competition to you?

Aug. 7, 2020, 11:48 a.m.

Back indeed. You Canadians, if it ain't blacks in amerika it's the poor, poor Uighurs. Always quick to point the finger elsewhere to assuage your guilty consciences for your own historical and ongoing mistreatment of the powerless amoungst you. And it is legion.

I don't have a guilty conscious.  I can only answer for my own actions.  Having said that I don't think there is a single one of us here that hasn't been critical of Canada's interactions with First Nations from the before we were a country through to today.  Reading cooterpunch doesn't make you Robin hood.

Aug. 7, 2020, 11:55 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Imagine a world where I can hate Stalin, Hitler, Mao, the CPC, the way we've dealt with and are dealing with our Indigenous.

It is hard with him to sort out where the troll ends and the delusion begins.

Aug. 7, 2020, 1:11 p.m.

I don't have a guilty conscious.  I can only answer for my own actions.  Having said that I don't think there is a single one of us here that hasn't been critical of Canada's interactions with First Nations from the before we were a country through to today.  Reading cooterpunch doesn't make you Robin hood.

And the Rohingya?

Aug. 7, 2020, 1:12 p.m.

Life is just an illusion, sunny jim.

Aug. 7, 2020, 3:55 p.m.

Life is just an illusion, sunny jim.