China Syndrome

July 30, 2020, 12:39 a.m.

cognitive dissonance

Carlyle much?

“There is a slow-motion Third World War underway between the US-centralized power alliance and the nations like China which have resisted being absorbed into it, and that war is being largely facilitated by propaganda. If one doesn’t wish to become a propagandist themselves, one ought to withhold belief from the stories they are told about the terrible, awful things the unabsorbed nations are doing which require extensive sanctions, subversion and interventionism in response.“

Last edited by: tungsten on July 30, 2020, 12:43 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 30, 2020, 9:55 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

There is no Tibet.  The Dalai Lama is fake news!!!

Posted by: ReductiMat

Is this footage fake?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2019/sep/23/footage-blindfolded-shackled-prisoners-china-video

Probably.

What about this?

The cult of Vice - Columbia Journalism Review

Did you read that before posting?  It doesn't really detract from the quality of Vice's work.  Either way, the video I posted was totally legit if you care to watch and see what journalism can look like.  You won't find anyone reporting from the field on Cooterpunch unless something happens in their kitchen.

July 30, 2020, 10:11 a.m.

tungsten, if we could extract the energy it takes to live in your world of cognitive dissonance the world would have free energy.

Post of the day (well...yesterday).

July 30, 2020, 10:17 a.m.

Struggle to keep your hate alive.

No, the UN did not report China has ‘massive internment camps’ for Uighur Muslims

Media outlets falsely claimed the UN reported China is holding a million Uighurs in camps. The claim is based on unsourced allegations by an American commission member, US-funded outfits, and a shadowy government-funded opposition group.

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/un-did-not-report-china-internment-camps-uighur-muslims/

Last edited by: tungsten on July 30, 2020, 10:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 30, 2020, 2:46 p.m.

Let me guess Tungsten:

Amerikkka bad!  Therefore China good.  Therefore Uighurs are happy.  Viva Chavez!

July 30, 2020, 8:02 p.m.

Let me guess Tungsten:

Amerikkka bad!      

That's not even controversial.

Therefore China good.

Now you're just being silly.

Therefore Uighurs are happy.

The only Uighur happiness I heard about was from the fascist Uighurs in D.C. who claim much happiness is achieved through killing Chinese. 

Viva Chavez!

Welcome, comrade chup.

July 30, 2020, 11:10 p.m.

Xinjiang contains the largest coal and natural gas reserves in China.  How could the tin foil hatters of NSMB missed that?

July 31, 2020, 7:31 p.m.

Why all the long faces?

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/07/31/does-the-left-stand-with-uighurs/

Last edited by: tungsten on July 31, 2020, 9:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m.

I hate non-whites as much as you tungsten.  I hope we can put everyone in concentration camps who fails a whiteness-test.

Aug. 1, 2020, midnight

I hate non-whites as much as you tungsten.  I hope we can put everyone in concentration camps who fails a whiteness-test.

tungsten, under what circumstances have you allowed yourself to disavow critical thinking for a particular media company?

Aug. 1, 2020, 12:58 a.m.

Quoted for posterity. You're a racist? Wow.....

Aug. 1, 2020, 1 a.m.

Quoted for posterity. You're a racist? Wow.....

People who are for concentration camps are flat out pieces of shit.  Fuck you for defending them.

Aug. 1, 2020, 11:47 a.m.

Not defending them. Just jerking your chain. Did you read what Nick wrote? The Chinese are a menace. They may well be abusing those people but always one should be skeptical/aware of who is making hay about it and their reasons for doing so.

Aug. 4, 2020, 9:21 a.m.

Not defending them. Just jerking your chain. Did you read what Nick wrote? The Chinese are a menace. They may well be abusing those people but always one should be skeptical/aware of who is making hay about it and their reasons for doing so.

So you have come around to the fact that it is happening as long as we all understand that communism has nothing to do with it?

Aug. 4, 2020, 1:11 p.m.

So you have come around to the fact that it is happening as long as we all understand that communism has nothing to do with it?

It may or may not be, China ain't communist, cui bono.