China Syndrome

Dec. 20, 2018, 7:16 p.m.

There are hundreds of Canadians in Chinese prisons. Contrary to popular believe pretty much all of them deserve to be there too.

Dec. 20, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

There are hundreds of Canadians in Chinese prisons. Contrary to popular believe pretty much all of them deserve to be there too.

i still bet you're glad to gtfo out of dodge.

Dec. 20, 2018, 7:27 p.m.

Just to be clear, it has nothing to do with Chinese people but with Chinese government. That type of government is not compatible with ours. We believe in democracy and the law. They seem to do whatever suits them. How about you Google Nortel and Chinese espionage. Funny I haven't heard anything about that in the news...

Dec. 20, 2018, 7:58 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

i still bet you're glad to gtfo out of dodge.

Actually I miss it terribly.

Dec. 20, 2018, 10:52 p.m.

None of them are front page news items, so they don't matter.

Last edited by: switch on Dec. 20, 2018, 10:52 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 23, 2018, 10:15 a.m.

Posted by: switch

None of them are front page news items, so they don't matter.

Yeah, Canadian gets drunk, smashes a shop window, assaults several women while high on meth and gets 5 years (true story)  isn't as good for our image I guess. 

These 2 guys in the news also sound shady as fuck. One of them has a personal relationship with kim jong un and the other was constantly reporting on politcal dealings in China while working with a shady NGO that has expressed support for one of the most despotic dictatorships in modern history (East Timor). 

The third Canadian on the news is an English teacher who broke immigration laws. 90% of foreigners in prison are there for working illegally so I don't have much sympathy for her either.

Dec. 23, 2018, 8:41 p.m.

Switching gears.

Who would you rather have control over your vital communication infrastructure.  One who is controlled by lobbyists or one who would run tanks over dissenters?

As much as I rail against Americans, their upper-crust will never ascend to a Putin or Xinping; even acknowledging they aren't as strong as the French in terms of sticking up for themselves.

Dec. 23, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

As much as I rail against Americans, their upper-crust will never ascend to a Putin or Xinping; even acknowledging they aren't as strong as the French in terms of sticking up for themselves.

wtf? The yanks surpassed those two a century ago. 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense unless of course you're quoting Trump.

Dec. 23, 2018, 10:45 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

wtf? The yanks surpassed those two a century ago. 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense unless of course you're quoting Trump.

* citation needed

Dec. 23, 2018, 11:21 p.m.

There are some bonus points available if you can bring MBS and Netanyahu in this.

Dec. 23, 2018, 11:23 p.m.

Btw, there was only one sentence there and Trump would never compliment the French.

Dec. 23, 2018, 11:44 p.m.

Btw, there was only one sentence there and Trump would never compliment the French.

He be dissing.

And I correct myself, the level of treachery practiced by the yanke is aspirational to a Putin or Xinping.

Dec. 27, 2018, 11:33 p.m.

Totally, but only because Americanism is socialized by a relatively large number of donors. 

Without doing any thinking on the matter past these words, I'd say Putin and Xi have huge hurdles ahead of them to get what America has all for themselves.

In a perfect world they'd all run into each other and fall down.

Dec. 28, 2018, 6:48 a.m.

Switching gears.

Who would you rather have control over your vital communication infrastructure. One who is controlled by lobbyists or one who would run tanks over dissenters?

Ah yes the obligatory reference to 1989.

I would have run over them too. Kind of hard not to when they are throwing molotivs at you and lynching your PLA buddies from bridges.

Our news will outright fabricate events too.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Dec. 28, 2018, 6:50 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 28, 2018, 6:51 a.m.

https://chinarising.puntopress.com/2016/06/04/the-ritualistic-annual-western-flogging-of-the-chinese-people-takes-place-today-china-rising-radio-sinoland-160604/