China Syndrome

Jan. 17, 2019, 5:12 a.m.

are you drunk?

Jan. 17, 2019, 10:23 a.m.

it easy to blows up a stofe

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 17, 2019, 10:24 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 17, 2019, 4:37 p.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-envoy-warning-huawei-ban-1.4982601

Looking good China, nothing like a good threat.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Jan. 17, 2019, 4:46 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 22, 2019, 1:53 a.m.

stofefe

Jan. 22, 2019, 1:56 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-envoy-warning-huawei-ban-1.4982601

Looking good China, nothing like a good threat.

I seriously cant believe the super Canadian letter we sent in reply to that.

Jan. 22, 2019, 2:05 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

The only reason these Canadian detainees are getting so much press is to try and draw attention away from the massive fuck up we made arresting anyone the Americans ask us to. Because to my understanding our extradition treaty with the Americans is limited to things that are illegal in both countries and the charges against Meng are not crimes under Canadian laws.

Say what you will about Hauwei's spynet or whatever the charges against her have nothing to do with any of that it's about how she was moving money. She didn't break Canadian laws so we fucked up.

And you may need to brush up on your SPP or Security Prosperity Pact between Canada and the US. She was in charge of how and who Hauwei did business with. She fucked up by going against US sanctions. Say what you will about the Chinese not caring if they want to do something (perhaps they should start) but the US cares about their foreign policy. That much should be easily clear to you.

Honestly: would you rather we detained her in the manner "we" are or due to nature of the SPP, the US could've just kicked her door in the middle of night no-knock-warrant style and shanghai her? And, who is a better partner for Canada - US or China?

Jan. 22, 2019, 4:01 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

The only reason these Canadian detainees are getting so much press is to try and draw attention away from the massive fuck up we made arresting anyone the Americans ask us to. Because to my understanding our extradition treaty with the Americans is limited to things that are illegal in both countries and the charges against Meng are not crimes under Canadian laws.

Say what you will about Hauwei's spynet or whatever the charges against her have nothing to do with any of that it's about how she was moving money. She didn't break Canadian laws so we fucked up.

And you may need to brush up on your SPP or Security Prosperity Pact between Canada and the US. She was in charge of how and who Hauwei did business with. She fucked up by going against US sanctions. Say what you will about the Chinese not caring if they want to do something (perhaps they should start) but the US cares about their foreign policy. That much should be easily clear to you.

Honestly: would you rather we detained her in the manner "we" are or due to nature of the SPP, the US could've just kicked her door in the middle of night no-knock-warrant style and shanghai her? And, who is a better partner for Canada - US or China?

Ummm the SPP hasn't been an active intiative since 2009, it's the North American Leader's Summit now. I think you need to brush up. 

It's about time somebody stood up to US sanctions. Fuck the psycho yankee scum thinking they can control the world. I would have prefered greatly if the Americans had grabbed her themselves and left us out of it.

The US will always be our closest partner due to proximity but at least the Chinese government knows how to manage a country, keep housing affordable for their citizens and create cities where it's much safer to walk the streets at any time of day or night no matter if you're a man or a woman. It's a no brainer which country I would prefer to live in if I had to choose between the two.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Jan. 22, 2019, 4:05 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 22, 2019, 4:56 p.m.

Walking through smog that's that's akin to breathing through an exhaust pipe is keeping your people safe?

As for Iran:

https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/international_relations-relations_internationales/sanctions/iran.aspx?lang=eng

Jan. 23, 2019, 12:51 p.m.

mmm the SPP hasn't been an active intiative since 2009, it's the North American Leader's Summit now. I think you need to brush up.

It's about time somebody stood up to US sanctions. Fuck the psycho yankee scum thinking they can control the world. I would have prefered greatly if the Americans had grabbed her themselves and left us out of it.

The US will always be our closest partner due to proximity but at least the Chinese government knows how to manage a country, keep housing affordable for their citizens and create cities where it's much safer to walk the streets at any time of day or night no matter if you're a man or a woman. It's a no brainer which country I would prefer to live in if I had to choose between the two.

So the initiate period is over? Doesnt mean its defunct or not existent.

You realize the hilarious hypocrisy in your statement? If China was such a good place .. whats with the Chinese exodus driving Vancouver (and west coast) home prices up for the past 22 years ? I totally agree we should reinstate protectionist laws on foreign investment and in particular target and deny Chinese citizens who want to buy here (because fuck 'em, they arent Canadians and they dont give two shits about us). Or, let them buy and develop somewhere in the country that needs growth.

Whats even funnier? As much as you love China, you cant even buy there because of their own racism or even worse, nationlism. Remember, national pride baaaad.

And surpassing that hiliarity - I never asked where would you prefer to live you stupid commie. So hurry up and move back. I did however ask who was a better trade partner.

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

mmm the SPP hasn't been an active intiative since 2009, it's the North American Leader's Summit now. I think you need to brush up.

So the initiate period is over? Doesnt mean its defunct or not existent.

You realize the hilarious hypocrisy in your statement? If China was such a good place .. whats with the Chinese exodus driving Vancouver (and west coast) home prices up for the past 22 years ? I totally agree we should reinstate protectionist laws on foreign investment and in particular target and deny Chinese citizens who want to buy here (because fuck 'em, they arent Canadians and they dont give two shits about us). Or, let them buy and develop somewhere in the country that needs growth.

Whats even funnier? As much as you love China, you cant even buy there because of their own racism or even worse, nationlism. Remember, national pride baaaad.

And surpassing that hiliarity - I never asked where would you prefer to live you stupid commie. So hurry up and move back. I did however ask who was a better trade partner.

The only reason Chinese flocked to Vancouver is the freedom of market to desirability ratio. The fault lies with our government. And it's not like China wanted so much corrupt money flowing out into Vancouver houses either and it's not their fault we'll let anybody with money buy a house here. 

It might surpise you to know that I would fully support the banning of home ownership to non permanent residents with no local income. I respect China for putting their own citizens first in regards to the real estate market. It's just trickier for us because we need immigration to keep the wheels moving but they don't. 

At this point in time the more reliable trade partner moving forward is obviously China. The US is devouring itself. I'm always open to moving back to China for the right reasons.

Jan. 31, 2019, 10:51 p.m.

Finally some sanity.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-xinjiang/erik-prince-company-to-build-training-center-in-chinas-xinjiang-idUSKCN1PP169

Feb. 1, 2019, 12:16 p.m.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46981048

Looks like they had a great experience being detained.

Feb. 1, 2019, 1:10 p.m.

It's just trickier for us because we need immigration to keep the wheels moving but they don't.

As the planet undergoes the forthcoming de-growth cycles this will become moot.

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 1, 2019, 1:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 1, 2019, 5:05 p.m.

Fucking missionaries. Can't believe they got away with that bullshit for 30 years.

Feb. 1, 2019, 10:15 p.m.

Fucking missionaries. Can't believe they got away with that bullshit for 30 years.

Yes... Spying for Christ