Check this singlespeed Bike Flick

Dec. 15, 2007, 1:28 p.m.

New here so not sure if NBR is the right place but didn't seem appropriate anywhere else.

A friend showed me this vid last night and man oh man am I stoked on it! This is the link to the trailer but if you love anything to do with bikes then you've gotta watch this vid.

http://www.mashsf.com/

I moved up to BC from the San Francisco Bay Area about a year ago and I think the main reason I love this vid is because it brings back a lot of great memories of home. Which is strange because I never biked that much in San Francisco. I skateboarded mostly. The vid is done by Gabe Morford, who shoots a lot of skate vids in SF, so it's got that raw SF vibe to it which is why I love it. It also shows how beautiful the streets of San Francisco are.

I actually moved up to BC because I was so impressed by the Mountain Bike scene up here. The first trails I rode here were on Fromme and I had never seen trails that had that much work put into them. I've also never been that scared on a trail. I was used to smooth and hard XC singletrack and not the gnar and stunts of The Shore. The trails and the camaraderie among riders made me want to move up here.

So what I'm trying to get at is that to me Mash did an amazing job documenting the biking culture in San Francisco and really the vibe of the city that I love. What MTB movie do you think best documents The Shore vibe? Does watching Mash get you stoked on biking even if you're not into that style? Are there movies that document other cities well?

I also realize that nobody in Mash is wearing a helmet. They're all bad men.

Dec. 15, 2007, 1:35 p.m.

cool video, 1.05min awesome!

Dec. 15, 2007, 1:44 p.m.

awaits fixed-gear hate

they had the premiere recently in Granville Island but I missed it. :(

:lol: @ buddy catching his tire in a crack or something 23 seconds in.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 15, 2007, 2:41 p.m.

if you aren't on a MTB you should be on a fixie. if you aren't on a fixie you should be on a MTB. that's my thinking.

Dec. 15, 2007, 2:43 p.m.

if you aren't on a MTB you should be on a fixie. if you aren't on a fixie you should be on a MTB. that's my thinking.

bmx's are cool too

www.natooke.com

Dec. 15, 2007, 3:09 p.m.

the wall ride and the bails where GNARRR

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Dec. 15, 2007, 4:44 p.m.

bmx's are cool too

they're cool for other people. i'm not into it.

Dec. 15, 2007, 5:24 p.m.

awaits fixed-gear hate

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOO

I had to do the boooing just for face shot…lol

That is such a sweet vid, I want to see the whole vid.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Dec. 15, 2007, 8:10 p.m.

cool…would be a neat flik to watch.

Dec. 15, 2007, 8:18 p.m.

And if you aren't at a concert, it's only acceptable to listen to the band on vinyl, right?

Dec. 15, 2007, 8:42 p.m.

And if you aren't at a concert, it's only acceptable to listen to the band on vinyl, right?

here's a funny guy.

Dec. 15, 2007, 8:49 p.m.

I am a hipster.

FYP

;)