Not so cheap off-road vehicle

March 24, 2023, 4:40 p.m.

Thanks dude,

Heres my build/attention whoring thread on EXP

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2010-fronty-build-and-lots-of-poser-shots-thread.218750/

March 24, 2023, 5:56 p.m.

Had a Frontier as a work truck for a while. By the time I left that job it had over 500k on it and other than brakes, tires, a clutch, and routine maintenance like oil changes - no major repairs. Got driven hard every week day too - 4x4ing around rough job sites and carrying a lot of heavy stuff. 

And it had disc brakes in the back.

March 25, 2023, 7:51 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Must be either too many or not enough drugs cuz ever buddy is missing/ mixing up the decades again

it took awhile but I knew someone would bring up the good old toyota PU eventualy

unless you can actualy do the work the idea of buying a better vehical instead of one that needs work is a smart one

You've made this wrong decade point several times and I still have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

the cheap vehicals they are talking about from their youth might have worked a decade ago but a decade usually means a lot of kms so now they are fucking old

( the vehicals that is) so how much is a decade of driving 100000-150000 kms ?

so if you wana find out about used vehicals try searching on wiki with any vehical type you like

so lets take the  Toyota tacoma ? here  its possible to find out when were they built/ how did they come speced/ what engine size / what trany/ body configs/ colors/ blaah fucking blah but really important is when did the different model happen is pretty handy to know if you want a certain vehical

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tacoma

Yeah all the older tacos are pretty clapped out but there are still a lot of old rangers out there that haven't been used much. 

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/cto/d/new-westminster-northeast-2009-ford/7600257883.html

March 25, 2023, 7:53 a.m.

Rebuilds tend to not hav any resale value

March 25, 2023, 8:18 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Derp. Didn't notice that. Too early on a Saturday morning

March 25, 2023, 9:51 a.m.

Some rebuilds are priced a lot lower, so it can balance out.

March 25, 2023, 10:09 a.m.

Must be either too many or not enough drugs cuz ever buddy is missing/ mixing up the decades again

it took awhile but I knew someone would bring up the good old toyota PU eventualy

unless you can actualy do the work the idea of buying a better vehical instead of one that needs work is a smart one

You've made this wrong decade point several times and I still have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

the cheap vehicals they are talking about from their youth might have worked a decade ago but a decade usually means a lot of kms so now they are fucking old

( the vehicals that is) so how much is a decade of driving 100000-150000 kms ?

so if you wana find out about used vehicals try searching on wiki with any vehical type you like

so lets take the Toyota tacoma ? here its possible to find out when were they built/ how did they come speced/ what engine size / what trany/ body configs/ colors/ blaah fucking blah but really important is when did the different model happen is pretty handy to know if you want a certain vehical

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tacoma

Yeah all the older tacos are pretty clapped out but there are still a lot of old rangers out there that haven't been used much.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/cto/d/new-westminster-northeast-2009-ford/7600257883.html

you can also google sales figures which show the mini PU market dropped year after year cuz people didn't buy small PU's

Toyota hit it out of the park with the midsized tacoma, the p-lot at the bike area always has tacomas, soccer moms are dropping off kids with tacoma's, whatever you want to argue about the tacoma there is no arguing with sales figures/ popularity, even Ford must have realized they were leaving a lot of money on the table and resurrected the old Ranger name with the new Ranger, Chev has also built a midsized PU but i don't think either has the sales figures/ popularity of the Tacoma ?

but my point has been the last ranger made would now be 11 yrs old and they all came with a 4L V6, not an old 4 banger, the 2011 were pretty good IME cuz Ford had worked out all the bugs and upgraded all kinds of things to the point ( having owned a 90 4-runer and a 2011 ranger ) i would say the last gen of ranger was a better truck than the 90's Toyota's but to say that might be sacrilege

in any case wiki the model of truck your are looking at for the info, look carefully at the spec as the generations changed consider 1st year of change to a model will give more problems, look for something with less milage that isnt already worn out

yeah the truck in that add looks ok

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 25, 2023, 10:11 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 25, 2023, 11:42 a.m.

Thanks dude,

Heres my build/attention whoring thread on EXP

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2010-fronty-build-and-lots-of-poser-shots-thread.218750/

Nice truck! You have all the things I wanted to do to my Frontier, but I ended up going a totally different direction and bought a Yamaha Tenere and now I just ride out there instead of beating up my only family vehicle.

March 25, 2023, 2:31 p.m.

Thanks man. Defi miss brappin around  on my old yz. But this way the old lady can come among and be warm and comfortable and we can bring a lot mire camping  gear to some pretty sweet places.

Definitely built it to take abuse haha.

March 25, 2023, 6:08 p.m.

If you can find one, the 4x4 Mazda B2600 1993 or earlier (1994 became a rebadged Ranger I believe) is a great truck. Not overburdened with power, but easy to work on and very reliable. I miss mine.

March 25, 2023, 6:52 p.m.

The more I think about this the more I think I should sell my corolla and spend more than 10k on this vehicle. We're already only using the corolla on weekends anyways, wife cycles to work and I take transit. Making the weekend vehicle bigger and more versatile would be a big jump in quality of life.

Pretty sold on the idea of a frontier too.

For reference it's a 2016 corolla S that just hit 100k. I had never thought to check how much it might still be worth and it's worth more than I thought it was but I guess it's the same story with all vehicles these days.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on March 25, 2023, 6:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 25, 2023, 7:54 p.m.

The paint can be hit or miss, the turning circle sucks, the olastic firewall coolant line fire wall pass-throughs can leak coolant and the transmission/rad fluid milkshake problem is pretty much all you need to look out  for.

Theres no way a tacoma is worth it compared to the fronty

March 25, 2023, 8:30 p.m.

The more I think about this the more I think I should sell my corolla and spend more than 10k on this vehicle. We're already only using the corolla on weekends anyways, wife cycles to work and I take transit. Making the weekend vehicle bigger and more versatile would be a big jump in quality of life.

Pretty sold on the idea of a frontier too.

For reference it's a 2016 corolla S that just hit 100k. I had never thought to check how much it might still be worth and it's worth more than I thought it was but I guess it's the same story with all vehicles these days.

Just admit it and get the lifted dodge cummins and truck nutz you know you really want.

March 26, 2023, 2:48 p.m.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/chilliwack-2012-nissan-frontier-pro-4x/7603033377.html

March 26, 2023, 4:01 p.m.

Yup thats a decent deal and thats the model younwant (pro4x comes with the locking  rear diff)