Cell Phone Bills

May 11, 2011, 10:08 p.m.

As a TELUS employee, it bugs me too. Unfortunately each txt is a transaction. This causes all sorts of records and auditing and billing support calls and the cost ends up way above the cost of the data transmitted. It's like family-sized products being twice the size of an individual serving but only costing a bit.

I'm not saying that I agree with the pricing, just that there are other factors than the cost of transmission. :(

Did you just say it costs money because you have to go through the hassle of charging money for it?

This space intentionally left blank.

May 11, 2011, 10:08 p.m.

I'm not saying that I agree with the pricing, just that there are other factors than the cost of transmission. :(

I forgot to mention that a very, very, very small part of that goes to pay my salary so I can buy bike parts. That part I support. =/

May 11, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

Did you just say it costs money because you have to go through the hassle of charging money for it?

Makes a flat rate sound like a good idea, doesn't it?

May 11, 2011, 10:13 p.m.

epic

Pastor of Muppets

May 11, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

Why? Do you want to put accountants out of business?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 11, 2011, 11:28 p.m.

As a TELUS employee, it bugs me too. Unfortunately each txt is a transaction. This causes all sorts of records and auditing and billing support calls and the cost ends up way above the cost of the data transmitted. It's like family-sized products being twice the size of an individual serving but only costing a bit.

That's a load of shit. If other countries can have cheap plans, so can Canada. It's just because the telecom has the CRTC companies in their pockets that we've seen such shitty technological progress.

Mobility = $40 for unlimited EVERYTHING. Sure reception isn't as good, but for 1/2 the price of the telecoms? I'll live with that.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

May 12, 2011, 1:20 a.m.

Having unlimited EVERYTHING but not being able to use it makes it worthless.

When Wind has finally paid to install the same coverage as Bell or Rogers, then I would consider comparing their rates.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 12, 2011, 9:13 a.m.

Why do a have a data plan and a talk plan for my phone but still get charged when people send me photos via text?

Jeez, people still send photos via text message! tell them to stick it on fb, or email it to you!

May 12, 2011, 9:47 a.m.

Jeez, people still send photos via text message! tell them to stick it on fb, or email it to you!

You can't post cock pictures on Facebook silly.

May 12, 2011, 9:47 a.m.

+1 but it pisses me off that my girlfriend keeps sending me texts which I have to pay to receive when, if she had a smartphone, she could just e-mail me…maybe I ought to buy her a new phone…

May 12, 2011, 11:14 a.m.

You can't post cock pictures on Facebook silly.

This!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 13, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

FYI, for those didn't know it, text messages sent using crackberry's bbm are not counted as text messages, but rather count as bytes on a data plan.

Of course, only works if both sides have a BB.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 13, 2011, 3:26 p.m.

Text messaging is for girls and metrosexuals.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells