catching out: anyone hop aboard freight trains?

July 26, 2010, 9:12 p.m.

Nice! Am I wrong in thinking that looks Kamloopsian?

July 26, 2010, 10:23 p.m.

ya most of those are from kamloops to boston bar. with a couple from fraser canyon and hope area

July 26, 2010, 10:25 p.m.

Disregard my comment. You ride an empty grain drag?

July 26, 2010, 10:44 p.m.

Disregard my comment.

Done.

This space intentionally left blank.

July 26, 2010, 11:03 p.m.

more info pleaseā€¦..

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

July 26, 2010, 11:06 p.m.

My life sucks

July 27, 2010, 12:18 a.m.

Disregard my comment. You ride an empty grain drag?

grainer up there. double stack on the way back.
stoked on how well the pics turned out from the 3$ camera i bought from value village

July 27, 2010, 4:24 p.m.

I'm in training to be a conductor for CNrail right now. They will pay you to ride trains you know?

We were also told to contact the rcmp and stop at the next spot where the road is close to the tracks if we see someone on the train. Not saying I would, just that that is the rule so head's up.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

July 27, 2010, 6:13 p.m.

I'm in training to be a conductor for CNrail right now. T

LOL

July 28, 2010, 4:25 p.m.

I'm in training to be a conductor for CNrail right now. They will pay you to ride trains you know?

goodluck

July 28, 2010, 5:15 p.m.

LOL

What's the joke?

July 28, 2010, 5:25 p.m.

What's the joke?

He was training with CPR and got laid off.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

July 28, 2010, 6:26 p.m.

I have no idea wats going on but I keep getting logged out and my messages are erasing, so lets try this again. I also cant qoute

Trout.
Youre getting paid now, or maybe not I dont know how you hired on, but dont count on it being solid. thus the laughing part. I was laid off for over a year, the company lies. alot. This coming from a Poco conductor who took the carrot they put infront of me and took the transfer to manitoba, where I'm currently sitting, waiting,because there is no work, transfering on the grounds of how badly they needed conductors and how much work there was. Theres alot of hardened, angry old men in the running trades for a reason

And 2nd, dont read too much into that rule. Who cares if people are on it as long as they arent uncoupling cars and blowing the air. we get paid to move things not to protect them, unless youve got shares in anhydrous amonia then by all means protect away. I highly suggest you adopt a you dont see me I dont see you way of thinking when you see people, which is alot, whenever you qualify, because my thought has always been that of human decency. unless your one of those people who turns people in for not having a skytrain ticket, then disregard.

yeah bro!!

July 28, 2010, 7:29 p.m.

I have no idea wats going on but I keep getting logged out and my messages are erasing, so lets try this again. I also cant qoute

Trout.
Youre getting paid now, or maybe not I dont know how you hired on, but dont count on it being solid. thus the laughing part. I was laid off for over a year, the company lies. alot. This coming from a Poco conductor who took the carrot they put infront of me and took the transfer to manitoba, where I'm currently sitting, waiting,because there is no work, transfering on the grounds of how badly they needed conductors and how much work there was. Theres alot of hardened, angry old men in the running trades for a reason

And 2nd, dont read too much into that rule. Who cares if people are on it as long as they arent uncoupling cars and blowing the air. we get paid to move things not to protect them, unless youve got shares in anhydrous amonia then by all means protect away. I highly suggest you adopt a you dont see me I dont see you way of thinking when you see people, which is alot, whenever you qualify, because my thought has always been that of human decency. unless your one of those people who turns people in for not having a skytrain ticket, then disregard.

Which railway do you work for? Sucks about the layoff.

Fair enough, I take what they say with a grain of salt. My situation might be different because I'll be working out of Smithers and there is a ton of rail traffic going through there. When (not if) the port expands in Rupert and if they build a potash terminal work will only increase. They are building new sidings like crazy up here getting ready for it. CN seems like a smart enough company to not invest in infrastructure if they didn't need it. Rupert is a day and a half less to Asia so these ports will expand sooner or later.

I have friends that have been conductors for only three years there and they don't get laid off. Even if I do get the occasional lay-off Smithers has a lot more development going on compared to where I was living in Prince Rupert so I can work as a carpenter.

As far as the rule about people riding on trains, I would hate to see anyone get hurt. Accidents happen and steel is very unforgiving, we saw pictures of a guys foot after he stepped on a drawbar today, he'll never walk the same again.

July 28, 2010, 7:38 p.m.

Which railway do you work for? Sucks about the layoff.

Fair enough, I take what they say with a grain of salt. My situation might be different because I'll be working out of Smithers and there is a ton of rail traffic going through there. When (not if) the port expands in Rupert and if they build a potash terminal work will only increase. They are building new sidings like crazy up here getting ready for it. CN seems like a smart enough company to not invest in infrastructure if they didn't need it. Rupert is a day and a half less to Asia so these ports will expand sooner or later.

I have friends that have been conductors for only three years there and they don't get laid off. Even if I do get the occasional lay-off Smithers has a lot more development going on compared to where I was living in Prince Rupert so I can work as a carpenter.

As far as the rule about people riding on trains, I would hate to see anyone get hurt. Accidents happen and steel is very unforgiving, we saw pictures of a guys foot after he stepped on a drawbar today, he'll never walk the same again.

Hahaha, I know exactly where you are in your classes. Ask your instructors about CN switching policies, and why they feel so many rules in the CROR aren't necessary.

All bitterness aside, best of luck. If it works out your one of the lucky ones. I just got on like the rest of my class. At the wrong time.