car or video camera?

Dec. 21, 2003, 4:40 p.m.

why not get a thousand dollar car that will get you out of the city and buy a sony three chip camera (around 6000). go cheap on the car dont skimp on the camera. tahts what i would do at least

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around, 'cause I'm gunna burn one down - Ben Harper

Dec. 21, 2003, 4:55 p.m.

Originally posted by junk-yard-dweller
do you see bctv going around with TRV-900s ? its only broadcast quality in theory.

dude, if he's just getting started in film-making, he won't need a really expensive camera.

mind you, i sometimes have access to a canon xl1 (my school's), so maybe i shouldn't be talking.

tell us more about what you mean by "getting into filming," shore for sure. that could change my perspective.

Dec. 21, 2003, 5:38 p.m.

Originally posted by blinded
Depending on what you plan to film, you can probably get a century death/trv950 setup for less than 1500 bucks used.

century death?

Dec. 21, 2003, 5:54 p.m.

Originally posted by blinded
I think you can only use the baby death with the trv950, but here is the bayonet mount one

is it a lens? or is it the hood?

Dec. 21, 2003, 8:39 p.m.

camera

myspace
FOR SALE: Bell Fullface used for 2 rides

Dec. 22, 2003, 9:35 a.m.

Originally posted by junk-yard-dweller
do you see bctv going around with TRV-900s ? its only broadcast quality in theory.

There are plenty of cases of TRV-900s being used for broadcast recording. The BBC were cited as using TRV-900s for some news gathering applications a few years back, although I'm sure they've moved onto something else. Consumer 3CCD cameras like the TRV-900/VX1000 have been used to tape a lot of broadcast-quality footage.
The main reason that news crews such as BCTV don't use MiniDV cameras is due to the tape format, which I think you already know.:rolleyes:

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 22, 2003, 11:13 a.m.

Originally posted by sanrensho

The main reason that news crews such as BCTV don't use MiniDV cameras is due to the tape format, which I think you already know.:rolleyes:

the cbc sent some people to interview this guy i know about the spirit bear youth coalition, and the cameraman had some kind of Sony beta-format camcorder.

Dec. 22, 2003, 11:14 a.m.

shorebiker, let me put it this way… it's not called winterpeg for nothing. GET THE HELL OUT

Dec. 22, 2003, 2:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Captain Da
the cbc sent some people to interview this guy i know about the spirit bear youth coalition, and the cameraman had some kind of Sony beta-format camcorder.

That would be Betacam, which is the standard for news gathering.

Betacam info

News stations have a ton of money invested in Betacam, and it makes a lot more sense for them to use heavy-duty cameras that have the features they need. As opposed to consumer MiniDV cameras that are relatively flimsy and more prone to dropouts (less robust/reliable due to the narrow tape track).

Another link

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 22, 2003, 3:28 p.m.

i know! i hate how mini dv tapes get jammed really easily, usually when rewinding, and then you have to use a pen and a screwdriver to unjam them (or at least I do).

Dec. 23, 2003, 12:07 a.m.

First off.

Winnipeg is not that bad. I had many years of fun there, if you want gravity then yes you have to leave, no point racing the egos of those st.Vital "elite" racers who own 5000 dollar bikes and never get them dirty! Wicked place to race XC since grass fields are harder to ride than mountains believe it or not, everytime i come back there i have to re adjust myself thinking it will be easy as pie! Second, a car is kinda needed put there if you race, as every major race is at least 4o minutes away. Have you raced in manitoba? Try that before you moe out here, it gets you in the mode of the biker, although i warn you about the egos there,…out here it 's about the ride more than parts, but egos are everywhere. Try Grand beach for a good set of trails, winter riding is good there too, although i hear they mad all the good river trails flat after the pan ams. Go talk to Tim Woodcock and enter the Ice bike race he has everyyear- they are things you can do there you just can't do here, and trust me, if you move to bc, be it kamloops, Whistler or Vancouver, having the skills to ride through all the stuff winnipeg gets will kick ass out here. (most don't ride if it gets below 0