Caprica-Tonight

Jan. 25, 2010, 9:37 p.m.

meh … I just finished watching all seasons of BSG and it definitely wasn't a great show. Perhaps after watching Dexter, The Wire, Lost … my standards are too high.

Sounds like a pure matter of taste to me.
Abandoned Dexter after a few episodes, because while it is kinda innovative, it felt akwardly staged.
And Losts logic holes and dialogue seemed so cheesy that i couldn't bring myself to finish the first season.

BSG on the other hand was nice, mainly because the people behaved believably and it created tons of atmosphere. Plus, it had the "extraterrestrial colony" also known as vancouver public library. :D

Jan. 25, 2010, 10:20 p.m.

nerds

Jan. 29, 2010, 7:20 p.m.

Interesting developments.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 29, 2010, 7:22 p.m.

Crappy crap.

fyp

Jan. 29, 2010, 7:42 p.m.

fyp

Still better then watching the Canucks or the Leafs.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 3, 2010, 9:24 a.m.

So Caprica is done. Five more episodes starting in January then that's it.

Can't say I'm suprised. I kind of liked it, but found it very slow at times.

That being said, another prequel called "Blood and Chrome" will start up sometime in late 2011/early 2012. This one is supposed to be centred around the actual Cylon War.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Nov. 3, 2010, 9:41 a.m.

So Caprica is done. Five more episodes starting in January then that's it.

Can't say I'm suprised. I kind of liked it, but found it very slow at times.

That being said, another prequel called "Blood and Chrome" will start up sometime in late 2011/early 2012. This one is supposed to be centred around the actual Cylon War.

Oh really. I always hate it when they have to wrap shows up prematurely so I am not looking forward to how it all ends. It did seem kind of lost in their direction so I am not that surprised.

I would think that a violent cylon uprising will be more of what I liked in BSG though, so I will be watching.

Nov. 3, 2010, 10:59 a.m.

nerds. i loved the original series as a kid, but the new stuff just seems cheesy to my adult sensibilities (i'd probably destroy the mystique if i re-watched the originals). the cg is too blatantly cgesque. i'd like me some gritty hard edged analog scifi.

my og hardware from 1978:

Nov. 3, 2010, 11:07 a.m.

nerds. i loved the original series as a kid, but the new stuff just seems cheesy to my adult sensibilities (i'd probably destroy the mystique if i re-watched the originals). the cg is too blatantly cgesque. i'd like me some gritty hard edged analog scifi.

my og hardware from 1978:

Loved that cylon raider toy when I was a kid. Spring loaded missiles. :)

I actually think the new BSG is pretty hard edged. I loved the original when I was a kid but it is so hard to watch now.

Haven't watched Caprica yet as I'm still watching BSG. Started it earlier this year and was pretty impressed.

I'm a total SciFi nerd though. :nerd:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Nov. 3, 2010, 11:12 a.m.

Loved that cylon raider toy when I was a kid. Spring loaded missiles. :)

amazingly, i still have a couple of them. total eye poking / choking hazards those little plastic projectiles - a bit of a nefarious history, apparently:

In 1978, Mattel launched a series of Battlestar Galactica toy missile launchers known individually as the Viper, the Cylon Raider, the Scarab and the Stellar Probe. In 1979, a child reportedly died after choking on one of the missile launchers-prompting Mattel to recall all BSG models and suspend production.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-10-Most-Dangerous-Recalled-Toys[HTML_REMOVED]id=1134540

Nov. 3, 2010, 11:47 a.m.

I actually think the new BSG is pretty hard edged. I loved the original when I was a kid but it is so hard to watch now.

What about the kick ass space motorbikes they used when they found Earth? How could you not love those, lol?

Nov. 3, 2010, 12:01 p.m.

Just watched the Caprica episode from last night. Easily the best one of the series so far. Makes me wonder if they only did a little more like that a little sooner, they might not be down to only five left.

ESC 4 Life.

Nov. 3, 2010, 12:52 p.m.

Just watched the Caprica episode from last night. Easily the best one of the series so far. Makes me wonder if they only did a little more like that a little sooner, they might not be down to only five left.

Did Clarice and Amanda make sexy time? Wait, don't tell me I haven't seen it.

Nov. 3, 2010, 1:37 p.m.

What about the kick ass space motorbikes they used when they found Earth? How could you not love those, lol?

Prefer the SW speederbike.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Nov. 12, 2012, 11:23 p.m.

Just watched the Blood and Chrome pilot. Anyone else see it yet?

ESC 4 Life.