Canucks Trade Schneider

June 30, 2013, 8:08 p.m.

this has ugly written all over it.

June 30, 2013, 8:23 p.m.

What a disgrace…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 30, 2013, 8:33 p.m.

What a disgrace…

Agreed.

June 30, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

What I read was that the Canucks ownership didn't want to pay the buyout. Luongo has publicly said he wants to move on. No one wanted to take on the contract for what Gillis was asking for.

Both Brodeur's and Hedberg's contract expire next season. I highly doubt Brodeur plays past next season.

The drama isn't over yet. lol.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 30, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

edmonton had more to offer, but gillis didn't want to trade to a conference rival

Gillis needs to give his head a shake if he thinks passing up on a better draft pick and an awesome prospect is worth not havin to face Scheider 6 times a season. The real reason why managers don't trade in conference is because they don't want their bad trades to embarrass them in home games.

iforonewelcome.com

June 30, 2013, 10:14 p.m.

Im sure Gillis will pull a rabbit out of his hat for the next trick and steal Reimer from the Leafs for a first rounder or two and a roster player.

Anyone heard from Lou or his agent on this matter yet?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 30, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

Luongo's contract must really be hard to offload on someone.

How much would you pay for a head case?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 30, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

Im sure Gillis will pull a rabbit out of his hat for the next trick and steal Reimer from the Leafs for a first rounder or two and a roster player.

Anyone heard from Lou or his agent on this matter yet?

lou has already tweeted.

?@strombone1 #NOtradeclause

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

July 1, 2013, 11:01 a.m.

So brutal. Schneider could have been traded at any point in the last year for a better return. That entire situation couldn't have been handled any worse. The other GM's must think Gillis is the biggest joke.

www.gnarwhale.com

July 1, 2013, 11:53 a.m.

doesn't realignment kick in next year? Edmonton won't be in our division next season. I think it was a mistake not to get more just because you may see him four times. The draft picks Gillis has wasted on Band-Aid trades will run this team into the ground. Canucks will not be in the playoff mix next season.

July 1, 2013, 5:08 p.m.

You guys are nuts.

I heard we also got a suitcase full of hockey-tape coupons. Gillis is a mastermind.

July 1, 2013, 6:16 p.m.

While I think Gillis is a doofus, not all the blame lays with him. The owners must approve the buyout of any player and they said no. I think Gillis fucked the situation so badly that I hope Luongo refuses to report.

July 1, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

doesn't realignment kick in next year? Edmonton won't be in our division next season. I think it was a mistake not to get more just because you may see him four times. The draft picks Gillis has wasted on Band-Aid trades will run this team into the ground. Canucks will not be in the playoff mix next season.

Edmonton, Vancouver, and Calgary will always be in a division together. Unless Gillis starts running the league, then logic's out the window entirely.

iforonewelcome.com

July 1, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

Its july 1st. Not two fucks should be given about hockey till sept 1st.

Mmkay?

Pastor of Muppets

July 1, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

I doubt there was anything on the table for luongo period. Teams were mostly busy buying out their own bloated contracts not taking new ones on. It was use him or buy him out and get nothing. I guess we have decided to kick into rebuild mode a little sooner since realistically our cap situation didn't look good nor did we have many options to get better for next season.

I'd like to see money being put into resigning Tanev. Pretty likely we will see other teams looking at him.

One thing that makes this move more questionable than normal is that the buyout would have been allowed with zero cap hit as part of the allowances for the lowering cap. I guess this way we end up with a slightly worse goalie but a significant boost in the prospect pool.

Also of note was that Ballard was put on waivers, we may see a buyout this summer still.