Canucks / Bruins

Jan. 9, 2012, 5:54 p.m.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610837

"It is equally disappointing that Brad sought the counsel of the Department this past Fall for an explanation and clarification regarding this type of scenario so as to adjust his game if necessary. He was advised that such an incident was not sanctionable if he was protecting his own safety. Given our feeling that Brad was indeed protecting himself and certainly did not clip the player as he contacted the player nowhere near the knee or quadricep, today’s ruling is not consistent with what the Department of Player Safety communicated to Brad."

Que?

Turn down the crazy.

Nowhere near the quad or knee guys.

Jan. 10, 2012, 9:22 a.m.

Arguing hits from last year with hits from this year is a moot point. The rules changed and the teams are adjusting accordingly.

No Canucks have been suspended this season.

Maybe they're still thinking of Torres as a Canuck..

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Jan. 10, 2012, 11:04 a.m.

Arguing hits from last year with hits from this year is a moot point. The rules changed and the teams are adjusting accordingly.

I definitely agree with this. Shanahananananan-ism is a whole different world. So far Im liking it.

Jan. 10, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

I definitely agree with this. Shanahananananan-ism is a whole different world. So far Im liking it.

For sure. He is doing a great job, and it doesn't hurt that he is easy to respect. The format in which he lays out reasoning for suspension makes it hard to argue with. If they continue down this path it should clear up a lot of the confusion.

And for the record, that Ballard style hip check should be looked at. I think it is legal at the moment, but it could lead to a nasty injury.

Jan. 10, 2012, noon

Hypocrites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ToO1eqs01w

If Ballard had been penalized for that I would be fine with that, but all he did was bend over at the waist in a defensive position. You can see in the close up that the Sharks player was going to skate past the puck and nail Ballard. Ballard made no dive into the legs like Marchand did.

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:32 p.m.

Hypocrites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ToO1eqs01w

If you can't see the difference between that play and the "hit" on Salo you're just another (ignorant) guy who doesn't understand hockey trying to justify a DIRTY play with something aesthetically similar.

Ballard makes hip checks, Marchand ducks hits. He's not defending himself, he wanted to hurt Salo. Shanahan explains it well, watch that, he's 100% correct.

I'm not proud of it but I used to do this shit to people when I played (even made a kid knock himself out once, similar to this but his head hit the boards) because I was small and a shit disturber. I knew what I was doing, so of course and NHL'er like Marchand knows what he's doing.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:33 p.m.

Furthermore Claude Julien is a fucking moron, stupidest comments ever made by a coach. This is Sami Salo we're talking about. He has 1 charging penalty in over 700 games in the NHL, clearly someone you need to defend yourself from.

Just watch the Shanahan explanation, he got it perfect.

fuck lmm

LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

such a tool

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:44 p.m.

Furthermore Claude Julien is a fucking moron too, stupidest comments ever made by a coach. This is Sami Salo we're talking about. He has 1 charging penalty in over 700 games in the NHL, clearly someone you need to defend yourself from.

Just watch the Shanahan explanation, he got it perfect.

Ha!

Not to mention he's had something like 40 recorded injuries in his career. If you're a betting man (or woman) you always put your money on Sami getting the worst of any collision - voluntary or not.

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Seriously how can people think this is a hip check? Have none of you ever played hockey?

fuck lmm

such a tool

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:49 p.m.

Seriously how can people think this is a hip check? Have none of you ever played hockey?

No hips involved. Shoulder to Thigh at best. Shoulder to Knee at worst.

Jan. 10, 2012, 12:55 p.m.

I think the only people that think it is a hip check are wearing their BAHston blinders. They feel that the Bruins are just awesome and tough and the NHL doesn't understand their greatness.

Jan. 10, 2012, 1 p.m.

I think the only people that think it is a hip check are wearing their BAHston blinders. They feel that the Bruins are just awesome and tough and the NHL doesn't understand their greatness.

I will agree with you on that.

I would also like to say that the way Canucks fans are talking about it, it sounds like Marchand took out a butter knife and slowly dissected Salo on the ice.. and then proceeded to do the same to his family.

Jan. 10, 2012, 1:35 p.m.

I would also like to say that the way Canucks fans are talking about it, it sounds like Marchand took out a butter knife and slowly dissected Salo on the ice.. and then proceeded to do the same to his family.

LOL. Marchand always had it out for Salo's family.

It is hard not to get worked about about Boston. They make Chicago seem like a boy scouts. ;)

Jan. 10, 2012, 3:54 p.m.

Its a known fact that the Quebecois hate the Fins

In other news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10scJ5fWpeE

Marchant is no different of a player than Ruutu, or Cooke or Lapierre or Burrows.

Only thing you can't compare from this season to years past is if it is a penalty or not.

Flame away Flamers

PS I'd probably like the Canucks if their logo wasn't designed on Davie St and 98% of their fans DIAF

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 10, 2012, 4:06 p.m.

Marchand is from Nova Scotia.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West