Canucks / Bruins

Jan. 6, 2012, 8:40 p.m.

10am start?!? God I hate when NBC dictates when hockey games are played. Football and baseball are to be played outside during the day at 1 pm not hockey.

sad thing is that NBC isn't even carrying the game.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Jan. 6, 2012, 8:58 p.m.

I'm with everyone else here… even if this game was scheduled before the Stanley Cup Finals, surely someone at TSN or the CBC should have said, "Uhhh, guys, we should prolly milk this one and slate it for 7:00 PM".

Asshats.

Jan. 6, 2012, 10:05 p.m.

too scared

Canuck flu.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Jan. 6, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

Lol at starting Schneider because it is his home town. If the nucks felt they had a good chance of winning with Lu he'd be playing. You don't pull a goalie after a shutout.

Lu should have kicked and screamed and insisted to play but knows that he is weak minded as do the coaches and they all realize that there is a decent chance that Lu could let in 4-6 goals in a total meltdown.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Jan. 7, 2012, 1:05 a.m.

The Canucks should be looking at this as a potential Cup Final rematch for 2012.

Thus why they start Schnieder. Lu was 0-3 with 8.05gaa and .773 save% in the finals. They dont need to let the bruins under their skin. Let them get frustrated when they dont rile Schnieder up like they did to Luongo.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Jan. 7, 2012, 6:57 a.m.

Thus why they start Schnieder. Lu was 0-3 with 8.05gaa and .773 save% in the finals.

in Boston.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Jan. 7, 2012, 7:02 a.m.

If anything this is just a method to prevent an already fragile Luongo from getting destroyed and potentially ruined for the rest of the season

is that not a good enough reason? I mean, all Lu bashing aside, the Canucks need his regular season play in top form. Boston will be a very hostile environment, and while I agree Luongo should be able to man up for it, history has proven it might not be a reality.

how many of the "Luongo should play" camp just want to see a potential meltdown vs seeing him come back?

Jan. 7, 2012, 7:28 a.m.

Hometown crowd or not you start Lou. He's hot, needs redemption and will do wonders for his fragile mental state if he pulls it out in their barn.
Word is that Lou wants to be fresh for their game in Florida so he looks good for his semi-hometown crowd.
Either way, hopefully its a good game and we exercise some demons as a team.
Go Canucks Go!

Jan. 7, 2012, 8:32 a.m.

If what Dave and moose are saying is true (it is) then we have the wrong goalie.

The Canucks may one day win the cup despite luongo , but we'll never win it because of him

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Jan. 7, 2012, 9:20 a.m.

He should want to show everyone that he is truly capable of the standard of goalie the Canucks think he is. I think it is completely unacceptable for a player to hide from a team due to previous history. If Luongo had any substance to him, he would have fought to play this game rather than letting AV throw Schneider in net.

If what Dave and moose are saying is true (it is) then we have the wrong goalie.

The Canucks may one day win the cup despite luongo , but we'll never win it because of him

I don't think either of these views are epic discoveries. They have what they have and have to win with the cards in hand. I like how Geoff knows all the behind the scenes conversations, how do you know Luongo didn't fight to play? It's not like they are going to tell the press.

letting AV throw Schneider in net

Letting?? AV calls the shots, end of story.

Jan. 7, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

anyone got a stream?
at work and no TV

Jan. 7, 2012, 9:40 a.m.

So can anyone tell me why this soul-searching discussion didn't happen when Lu was put in after Schneider's hot streak (including two back-to-back SOs) in late Nov/early Dec?

You know, the game Lu had to leave?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 7, 2012, 10:05 a.m.

Pre-game camera pan of the crowd in Boston Garden … saw one lonely Canooks jersey in the crowd!

Kn.

Jan. 7, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

streaming:

http://www.ilemi.me/39305/1/Watch-Vancouver-Canucks-vs-Boston-Bruins/

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 7, 2012, 10:09 a.m.

Boston on the pp 17 seconds in …

:rolleyes:

Kn.