Canucks / Bruins

Jan. 7, 2012, 7:25 p.m.

oh god.

Oh c'mon … admit you chuckled a bit …

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 7, 2012, 7:32 p.m.

Oh c'mon … admit you chuckled a bit …

Kn.

;)

Jan. 7, 2012, 8:24 p.m.

Cherry opined on Coach's Corner that Vancouver won due to the refs "handing" them so many power plays.

That opinion would carry more weight if Cherry's Boston Boner wasn't more visible from space than the Great Wall.

Jan. 7, 2012, 8:37 p.m.

That opinion would carry more weight if Cherry's Boston Boner wasn't more visible from space than the Great Wall.

LOL.

IOU rep.

Jan. 8, 2012, 3:15 a.m.

Beat it with the hate.

it's not hate but it is a valid and true observation of some of the play during the game.

i'm not a die-hard canucks fan but i also don't hate them. if they play great i'm happy and will acknowledge that. if they play poorly i'll bring that up as well if i want to.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 8, 2012, 7:28 a.m.

Had a great day in the mountains….Went to watch, I thought the evening Canucks game? Thanks for the update!

Jan. 8, 2012, 10:33 a.m.

it's not hate but it is a valid and true observation of some of the play during the game.

i'm not a die-hard canucks fan but i also don't hate them. if they play great i'm happy and will acknowledge that. if they play poorly i'll bring that up as well if i want to.

Compared to their last 12 games, the passing was shit. But better than 90% of the other
teams on a good day. It's just that we expect a higher level from our players.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Jan. 8, 2012, 12:15 p.m.

What?? Didn't Lu just shut out the Wild? What happened to "You can't pull a goalie after a shut out"?

By that logic Rask should have started after smoking Calgary 9-0 :lol:

Awesome game, I thoroughly enjoyed it…..and Marchand needs to die in a fire.

Jan. 8, 2012, 8:58 p.m.

Awesome game, I thoroughly enjoyed it…..and Marchand needs to die in a fire.

I doubt that's an option on Shanahan's list of disciplinary actions, but we'll see what he comes up with tomorrow, if anything.

Jan. 8, 2012, 10:56 p.m.

Claude Julien's a moron too.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/sports/blog.html?b=sports.nationalpost.com/2012/01/08/canucks-vigneault-says-marchand-going-to-get-it

Basically says Marchand was protecting himself from big bad Salo who was "going to run him".

Give me a fucking break.

Jan. 8, 2012, 11:37 p.m.

I doubt that's an option on Shanahan's list of disciplinary actions, but we'll see what he comes up with tomorrow, if anything.

Im really interested to see how this ruling goes.

Jan. 9, 2012, 9:36 a.m.

I think Shanahan will hand out a couple game suspension for that hit. No matter the argument Julien will make about Marchand's intentions the league has made it pretty clear that they are not tolerating dangerous plays regardless of intent which is really the only way to look at it since most of the time you cannot know what the player's intent is.

text book dangerous play

Jan. 9, 2012, 10:22 a.m.

Im playing devils advocate here.. but is there no argument at all that it was a hip check?

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-kJPHkZZ50[HTML_REMOVED]feature=related

Jan. 9, 2012, 10:29 a.m.

Im playing devils advocate here.. but is there no argument at all that it was a _hip _check?

Really? I haven't seen argument come up, probably because it was with his shoulder, not a hip like Ballard's hip check.

Jan. 9, 2012, 10:30 a.m.

Which direction was Lucic facing, compared to the direction Salo was facing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GN2cFZ1oMA

Lucic was carrying the puck, moving forward and had opportunity to see the hit coming. The hit on Lucic wasn't totally "clean" (IMO) though, as it was still low, but at least the puck carrier has a chance to prepare for it. Marchand hit from behind FTL.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.