Cancer, Before I die

April 18, 2016, 8:37 a.m.

This wsas a good test to see how much I can handle. we both know we need more winter ready gloves and clothing. but other then that. I think we will be ready to rip USA open soon. we are going to do a longer one very soon.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

April 18, 2016, 9:02 p.m.

That looks like you hit some good roads, I was going to recommend the Lytton to Lilooet road.
How about Port Angeles this weekend, 1st round of the NW Cup downhill series.
Awesome heckle fest, usually some big names there.

Nice twisty roads on the way.

April 18, 2016, 9:17 p.m.

This wsas a good test to see how much I can handle. we both know we need more winter ready gloves and clothing. but other then that. I think we will be ready to rip USA open soon. we are going to do a longer one very soon.

holly fuck! Dammit man you realize you will drive off the end of the world if you venture north of Kamloops!

buddy at the dealer in PeeG who's word i trust told me "just get the rubberized waterproofs, its like getting a 5 gal pail of water thrown at ya every time you pass a semi"

April 19, 2016, 12:30 a.m.

I heard that today. So we will do northern van island.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

April 19, 2016, 1:17 a.m.

I heard that today. So we will do northern van island.

Nanaimo to Tofino and back is maybe 5 or 6 hours. Nice drive. Wind through to Port Alberni, then the fun road from there to Tofino.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 19, 2016, 9:38 a.m.

damn, doing it right, sir. those pics have me longing for a bike again.

April 19, 2016, 10:42 a.m.

Nanaimo to Tofino and back is maybe 5 or 6 hours. Nice drive. Wind through to Port Alberni, then the fun road from there to Tofino.

That is sort of what we were thinking. tofino for sure then wherever we want to go from there. May take the Port angeles ferry over to the USA

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

April 19, 2016, 12:28 p.m.

Lots of bike talk here, but no illness days? I know symptoms aren't the same as illness but being symptom free must be great?!?

April 19, 2016, 2:37 p.m.

I am not free I have more just different parts of my body now.

whatever is going on with the thing growing on my kidney is till doing whatever it was doing last check which was a few months ago. I refused any treatment and going on living my life till I die. I get some kidney pains from time to time but I do not worry about it or take any drugs for it.

this thing called motorcycles is keeping me happy and my mind off of what is down the road.

Of course anyone with a bike can join me on any ride more the better. Even if it is just around town or whatever.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

April 20, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

i would do that as a figure 8 and hit highway 24 twice if you have the time. not sure what direction would be best on a bike.

April 20, 2016, 7:06 p.m.

If you do a figure 8 you get to hit it both directions :) If I had unlimited time I'd avoid the Coquihalla entirely - I find that ride boring as hell unless you are prepared to gamble on radar and really wind it out. Having had a close encounter with a moose (!) near Merritt years ago, I personally wouldn't recommend that either. Hwy 3 to Princeton, 5A to Aspen Grove, then 5A up past Nicola Lake to Kamloops has a lot of nice sections.

April 20, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

I am not free I have more just different parts of my body now.

whatever is going on with the thing growing on my kidney is till doing whatever it was doing last check which was a few months ago. I refused any treatment and going on living my life till I die. I get some kidney pains from time to time but I do not worry about it or take any drugs for it.

this thing called motorcycles is keeping me happy and my mind off of what is down the road.

Of course anyone with a bike can join me on any ride more the better. Even if it is just around town or whatever.

i'll have my bike plated in a week and will definitely come out for some riding with you. have you done any riding in washington yet? there's some great day trips down there i could take you on.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 20, 2016, 8:35 p.m.

Is it insensitive for me to suggest you keep a copy of your diagnosis on hand for the possibility you get pulled over at 40 over? Would have to be a real dickhead to impound the bike of a guy who may not have much time left!

April 20, 2016, 10:51 p.m.

hahah nah I dont do that. its been so long which is the coq? #5? yeah might be good idea. maybe head to golden then to Creston. I have not had my bike in washington yet! would love to check out that area

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

April 20, 2016, 11:20 p.m.

Over Stevens pass to central Washington State is a nice drive. You can go to Grand Coulee dam. Dry Falls is less than an hour south and it's a gorgeous vista.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells