Cancer, Before I die

Feb. 7, 2016, 8:13 p.m.

I still have my .243 4130 :rocker: just a frame and a shitty bottom bracket at this point =/

Feb. 7, 2016, 8:49 p.m.

I still have my .243 4130 :rocker: just a frame and a shitty bottom bracket at this point =/

Damn. I miss my .243 SL. It was such a sick ride.

Feb. 7, 2016, 11:22 p.m.

Hi Ross,

Sorry to come back to this thread and read this. I am not far from the Tap and Barrel, would have liked to be in on the seawall ride.

I remember your posts around 2001 or 2002, your dad would drive slow in the single lane up to Whistler. I think anyway.

Did you used to have HTP in big stickers on your full-face? 2004ish I saw someone like that at Whistler, figured it might be you.

I also remember you had ipods for various activities. At a time when most people didn't have one, you had multiples.

Feb. 8, 2016, 12:52 a.m.

yeah that was me.. dad drove slow and safe he always said. HT Pride on the helmet. and I had a Ipod Mini for riding whistler a Ipod classic for city riding and Ipod shuffle for something else.. haha Straw we can def do another ride around the sea wall it was a blast and I think everyone else had fun too. I am for sure thinking it again. I also loved cutting down between traffic on my cruiser.. im sure ppl were just like WTF… :clap:

I now remember the fix Le toy did to the headtube.. the made the gusset almost wrap all the way around the head-tube for more strength

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 8, 2016, 3:04 p.m.

Found one of my old pics
Dual 24x3.0 as I recall…same as I ran on a .243 once (REALLY wish I had a .243 right now. Serious. Anyone know where I can haz one?)

Feb. 8, 2016, 5:23 p.m.

Found one of my old pics
Dual 24x3.0 as I recall…same as I ran on a .243 once (REALLY wish I had a .243 right now. Serious. Anyone know where I can haz one?)

I built a .243 with the extra gussets for a friend of mine - he may be willing to sell. Want me to ask?

Feb. 8, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

My last .243 got stolen and the one before that Im not entirel sure what happened to it.. but it did have NSMB history since I got it from Blaine (Dante)

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 8, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

….scoping out digger's rock (on a letoy hardtail). i later heard you hucked the thing (there was a vid clip; anyone have this?), and realized what a badass you were…

Yes, madness! After hearing about that my friends and I had a long stop at that rock. Peered over the edge and discussed the vast and unfathomable immensity of Rosco's cojones. :)

Good one buddy! Thanks for given er

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Feb. 8, 2016, 10:34 p.m.

I built a .243 with the extra gussets for a friend of mine - he may be willing to sell. Want me to ask?

Thx…got myself a little too excited there, lol…I definitely would like a slack HT for The Ranch instead of forcing the DH bike on the jumps. Not in the budget tho for at least a few mths it seems. I'll get in touch when I have coin.

Feb. 9, 2016, 12:14 a.m.

haha makes me want to do it again.. my dorado could handle it… haha

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 9, 2016, 11 a.m.

haha makes me want to do it again.. my dorado could handle it… haha

Makes me want to tell you that I want to see you do it again

Feb. 9, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

Found one of my old pics

I've got one sitting in storage, has a good dent in the top tube so it isn't pretty but it's solid. Could use a new home.

Feb. 9, 2016, 1:01 p.m.

They did but I'd have to ask my parents . It is a type of lymphoma or lymphomic cancer? It just goes nuts on my blood and cells I think. I think it had a 2 year survival rate for ones caught early.

I'm sure drugs will work but it's not that important. Tomorrow I'm heading to vgh to talk with some staff to see if they want or need anyone like me to talk to or be someone's buddy to hang out with like big brother who dying lol.

My parents are just a wreck. My mom took the rest of the year off work.My gfs parents are trying to see me as much as possible. Now I'm trying to pay off as many debts as possible so my gf is not left with em

Hey Rossco,

I have only skimmed this thread, but I did catch the part about your Uncle being an oncologist.

Ask him (or your regular doctor) about being a candidate for POG (Personalized Oncology Genomics). It's a program being run out of the BC Cancer Agency.

You may have heard a bit about it in the news as they recently received some funding from the Province.

Anyhow, my Wife is one of the techs on the POG team, and she has told me a bit about it. I'm not an expert so the following may be inaccurate - but I'll try my best to explain it.

Basically they take biopsies of patients and their tumors and then sequence the patients regular genome [HTML_REMOVED] cancer genome for comparison.

Using that comparison they are able to suggest various specialized/personalized treatments that may help.

Apparently they have had some success. Perhaps it could be an option? It never hurts to ask!

Here is a recent press release I was able to Google - it will do a better job of explaining it than I can.

http://bccancerfoundation.com/about-us/news/supporting-miracles-personalized-onco-genomics?gclid=CjwKEAiAuea1BRCbn-2n7PbLgEMSJAABQvTTIBySV5fP8y2U9MsK04BvFHT74uH2MKKPCiDNr1WYJhoCP_rw_wcB

Feb. 10, 2016, 1:57 p.m.

Not a bad idea I will ask about it.. I had a ultrasound done today.. so we will see the results soon. That Will be it no more ultra sounds or docs or tests

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 14, 2016, 2:07 a.m.

Well the results are in.. :ohthedrama:

from the count they say I have about 10 more little growths around and behind my lungs and now a few on my kidneys. ETA in the ground. They think before the end of the year. Pretty much that's all I wanted to hear and thanked them for their time and left and denied all pills and treatment options.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c