Cancer, Before I die

Jan. 27, 2016, 1:49 p.m.

I have done most things I wanted to do in life. now its just little fun things like push all the elevator buttons in the wall centre and the shangrala and walk out.

Make sure you drop a butt puppet in there first, let that foment for the others traveling up.

Jan. 27, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

now that's a bit extreme.. my friend lives in the wall center so I am using his access card to first unlock the floors.. so cant do that. plus there is cameras. I rather not be known for the elevator shitter

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 27, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

now that's a bit extreme.. my friend lives in the wall center so I am using his access card to first unlock the floors.. so cant do that. plus there is cameras. I rather not be known for the elevator shitter

It's a fart, not a crap. But I like how your mind works. Oh - I just looked it up on Urban Dictionary and looks like I was wrong. :lol: Yeah, don't do that.

Jan. 27, 2016, 3:21 p.m.

That's funny, reminds me of the night we left a party and put the stand up ashtray from every floor in the elevator. Nothing wrong with a little mischief.

Jan. 27, 2016, 3:41 p.m.

I think the other thing ws to get like 200 ballons and do something fun with them. im sure ill think of other things. also want to go to the hospitals and maybe talk to people who have cancer and try and lift their spirits some way make it not seem so grim.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 27, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

I have done most things I wanted to do in life. now its just little fun things like push all the elevator buttons in the wall centre and the shangrala and walk out.

lol - i did that once years ago at the wall centre when i was working for canadian springs water co. i wanted to see if they would all light up if i ran my fingertips across them - yup. i did it on the way down from the 20 something floor and lets just say the people who got on in the lobby weren't impressed. it probably wasn't a great idea with the cdn springs logo across the back of my jacket.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 27, 2016, 5:40 p.m.

I thank you for the kind words. This is one place that I know has a large group of people who was always fun to shoot the shit with. I remember the days I had the most posts at I think 14 posts per day and Syncro was just behind me at like 11.. except his were insightful mine were Friday night urban pictures or something else actually biking related.

thanks dude - but they weren't all insightful.

one of my fav pranks was when i bought your sherman slider. i was on the fence about getting it but you were desperate to sell and the price was too good to pass it up. i think a few days later i posted up that i had flipped it for like a hundred more than i paid you for it - hilarity ensued.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 27, 2016, 7:17 p.m.

Your insomnia is from all the drugs and some chemo fog. Have you tried an oil pen? It's pretty high concentrate thc. Makes the stomach feel better etc

Jan. 28, 2016, 1:10 a.m.

I remember that. But everything I ever sold I sold for super cheap. I Think I sold my Sxtrail for 1500$? best price was never the issue it was selling to buy something else I wanted right then and now.. sold my Opus road bike for like 600$ so I could buy that D2H camera. Deity still hooks me up with clothing. which is nice also.

I am on ZERO drugs. and have been since the hospital. NO chemo no Hydromorphone except for chest pains once. I like to be clear not foggy.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 28, 2016, 1:27 a.m.

If necessary, do NSAIDs (like Advil) help?

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, did the doctors ever give you the exact medical term for what you have?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 28, 2016, 2:25 a.m.

They did but I'd have to ask my parents . It is a type of lymphoma or lymphomic cancer? It just goes nuts on my blood and cells I think. I think it had a 2 year survival rate for ones caught early.

I'm sure drugs will work but it's not that important. Tomorrow I'm heading to vgh to talk with some staff to see if they want or need anyone like me to talk to or be someone's buddy to hang out with like big brother who dying lol.

My parents are just a wreck. My mom took the rest of the year off work.My gfs parents are trying to see me as much as possible. Now I'm trying to pay off as many debts as possible so my gf is not left with em

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 28, 2016, 7:54 a.m.

Now I'm trying to pay off as many debts as possible so my gf is not left with em

You can't inherit or transfer debt though?

http://www.hoyes.com/blog/does-debt-survive-death/

Ross, it sounds like you still have a pretty positive attitude about all of this. Thanks for keeping it real.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 28, 2016, 8:36 a.m.

You can't inherit or transfer debt though?

http://www.hoyes.com/blog/does-debt-survive-death/

Ross, it sounds like you still have a pretty positive attitude about all of this. Thanks for keeping it real.

There is a great book out there called How to Die Broke. The idea is to transfer any assets that you have before you pass and then to go nuts on any debt vehicle that isn't linked to any survivors (ie. cosigners, guarantors etc.) For e.g.. If you aren't married, with joint debt, VISA can't get anything from your estate if there are no assets in your estate.

Jan. 28, 2016, 9:40 a.m.

well that sounds good. gf and I are common law that is the only scare but i guess if its not really binding anywhere.. then I guess I better take a look at that book. I was told by VGH to go to Jim Pat cancer centre in surrey so now off to there. I will always be happy. no matter what is going on in life, always take everything 1 day at a time. Now my time just has a timer that is ticking down from xx:xx time left.. hah

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 28, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

Can't say how impressed I am with your positive attitude, Ross. I think I would be crying every day if it was me. Either that or mad as hell, or prolly both. You are the man! I think they'll appreciate you talking to some folks at Jim Pat Center in Surrey.

Thread killer