Cancer, Before I die

Jan. 25, 2016, 1:54 p.m.

I am getting around the EI thing so far. I cant really say Cant work because I choose to die instead of get chemo. But I got 15 more weeks of Pay coming I Hope. I just need the weather to come around so I can do a few scooter trips I want to do like Ride to Tofino

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 25, 2016, 2:44 p.m.

Rossco,

This is probably the 5th time I've sat at the keyboard intending to post, and this time, I'll not click away. I can't just not comment.

I've never met you but I guess I sort of know you. You were a big, active part of my early days here at NSMB, back when the board was more fun and filled with interesting characters. Interesting character you have always been. I recall reading the stories pertaining to each of the bikes in your signature. I recall all the surpisingly young girls you seemed to be telling us about - we'd admonish you, but I'm sure we all were green with envy.

NSMB has evolved now, it's not quite the same; it seems more a community of whiners that happen to bike, rather than a community of bikers that ramble on about whatever an occasionally disagree. You were part of the good times.

You've always had cool toys and something interesting to say about them. A little drama, but nothing jumps to mind that was over the top.

I don't know you, and yet I feel I do.

I'm sorry you're going through this; I recall the Trinity years and how that tragedy unfolded here. That was tough to watch, and this too is tough. But - we're just spectators; I can't imagine being in your shoes. I admire your strength and attitude, although I'm sure you must have periods of rage, fear, depression.

Stand tall, Rossco. I know there's nothing I (or we) can really do, but know that we're with you.

- Steve

Jan. 25, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

wow, I hadn't read through this thread for a while..heavy stuff of late. Your name has been around this BB for as long as I've been online and it really is a small community, the heavy feeling in my stomach reminds me of that

wishing you the best and I can't believe your positive attitude through everything so far, it's inspirational. Enjoy your ride to Tofino and the rest of your adventures buddy, peace

Jan. 25, 2016, 7:23 p.m.

Rossco, you were faced with a decision that most of us will never face. I'm convinced you made the best choice.
I cant imagine how you feel but I do know how your parents feel. My 19 year old faced the same thing in 2012.
We had not much time to cram in a lifetimes worth of stuff.
Do every day whatever you feel like. I'm glad you had the strength and good nature to share your journey with us.
I just got back from a DH race in Bootleg Canyon Nevada and you were a big influence in my decision to go. I intend to have fun every day till its my turn to go.
If the sunshine doesn't allow you to ride your scooter in BC then lets go hit some sunshine elsewhere.

Jan. 26, 2016, 2:01 a.m.

I thank you for the kind words. This is one place that I know has a large group of people who was always fun to shoot the shit with. I remember the days I had the most posts at I think 14 posts per day and Syncro was just behind me at like 11.. except his were insightful mine were Friday night urban pictures or something else actually biking related.

I think everyone should always do whatever they want. I always did. Always will. I hopefully will make it to whistler for Crankworks like always riding my cruiser around. I think everyone should see that this can happen to anyone and you should get checked out for anything that does not got away.. I waited 3 years.. which may of been my problem now. I pretty much do not sleep anymore also might of been the long nights awake in the hospital but i think I sleep 2-3 hours a day at most which sucks because that leaves very little energy to do much.

Also No I did not propose to my gf. we talked about it and said it would really just be a timebomb of legal issues etc with this happening when I told her I was not going for any treatments and just let my body go whatever way it wants. I am not even going for anymore doctor checkups or CT scans I do not want to know if it is getting really bad.

Annyways I will keep people updated to what im doing or if im about to die. I wont let you guys find out in the papers or on the news if I try and go out some crazy way. :duh:

I see you all as a big messed up family but some hows gets along! Cheers!

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 26, 2016, 4:29 a.m.

Great words Ross.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 26, 2016, 5:16 a.m.

Shit got real . Hang in there rossco , you still got more livin' to do . . .

Jan. 26, 2016, 6:18 a.m.

never met you, but i lurked you in the forest doing an xup off a rock drop on the ssc

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Jan. 26, 2016, 7:11 a.m.

I admire your will and wishes, Rossco. You have an open invitation for some more gun powder aromatherapy.

Jan. 26, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

I'm in the same boat as others, wanting to post but not really knowing what to say. Haven't seen you in years but I went on enough bike rides with you to know you're the kind of guy who sticks out in people's minds. You've got some serious stones to be handling this the way you are. We can all only hope to be half as tough.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 27, 2016, 4:06 a.m.

there is nothing to be scared of saying! not like ill remember it for the rest of my life!… haha no one has words ready to go for something like this. my friends first words was what the fuck lets get wasted! haha. my only problem is im a ticking time bomb of death.. and not the ISIS Type. so its hard to plan every day or longer down the road..

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 27, 2016, 11:51 a.m.

Tough news to swallow dude. It's a brutal reminder that life is short and we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Jan. 27, 2016, 1:18 p.m.

So how's the bucket list looking Rossco?
Anything we can help out with?

Jan. 27, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

I have done most things I wanted to do in life. now its just little fun things like push all the elevator buttons in the wall centre and the shangrala and walk out.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 27, 2016, 1:44 p.m.

I have done most things I wanted to do in life. now its just little fun things like push all the elevator buttons in the wall centre and the shangrala and walk out.

Awesome! I hope you pee yourself laughing!