Cancer, Before I die

July 9, 2015, 10:44 p.m.

So.. NBR you always know best ive come to find out I have a tumor the size of a beer can just behind my belly button area.. I will be getting radiation to shrink it first before I am gutted like a fish to remove it. Then chemo therapy to kill make sure it does not come back..

Anyways the chemo is what scares me has anyone had chemo? Am I going to feel like shit for weeks? My hair I assume will be gone. Any insights?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 9, 2015, 10:48 p.m.

Well fuck man, I'm sorry I've nothing to add other than my thoughts are with you and I'm sorry the next bit of time will be an annoyance for you until you're better again.

July 9, 2015, 11:05 p.m.

I always knew you were Rob Ford.

Best of luck kid….stay strong.

Pastor of Muppets

July 9, 2015, 11:06 p.m.

Sorry to hear this, Rosco. I can't give any advice other than to stay positive when possible. Now kick cancer's ass!

July 9, 2015, 11:26 p.m.

Oh don't worry the cancer will have its ass kicked. I did the dumb thing and read the wiki on chemo… Its all about the bad And side effects.. not good. The building is pretty sweet near vgh

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 9, 2015, 11:39 p.m.

Fuck that sucks. That's like my number one fear right there. What was the first clue for you that was like ok something's wrong and the how long till you did something about it?
My thoughts are with you man.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 10, 2015, 12:01 a.m.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis Ross.

How people respond differs from person to person, and what exactly the treatment is. Just take it one day at a time.

How did you find out about the tumour? Did you feel something or have done effects from it?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 10, 2015, 12:32 a.m.

Ive had weird horrific back pain that slowly became more frequent.. pain for 2 days none for 5 now its ever couple days im on fentynal to sleep through this pain. I passed it off all this time from mountain biking and football. Years of hardtail riding haha. I got tons of X-ray's neverfound anything then I said something has to be wrong so ct scan and bam there is this bilobed beercan in my stomach pushing against my Artery and kidneys and spine. Had biopsy etc here I am now. Had help from my uncle who is president a big hospital and is a oncologist in Ontario to push me up in the ranks here at vgh.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 10, 2015, 1:35 a.m.

Never doubt for a second that the cancer has fucked with the wrong motherfucker. Your body is the most hostile environment cancer could ever find itself in. You are going to make it suffer before it dies and it will be a warning to all other forms of cancer. Don't fuck with The Rosscofat.

www.natooke.com

July 10, 2015, 1:38 a.m.

I remember you Ross, you're a tough son of a bitch. There's no doubt in my mind you're gonna beat this. It'll suck but you'll win.

www.natooke.com

July 10, 2015, 5:33 a.m.

Thanks FO, I wil l leave my pink cruiser with dorados to you. Haha

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 10, 2015, 6:32 a.m.

Is there a technical term for the tumour? It's usual a long and unpronounceable name.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 10, 2015, 6:56 a.m.

Hey. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

I was treated for a rare form of Hodgkin's Lymphoma early last year. 4 months of chemotherapy. In my case ABVD.

Chemotherapy as a term doesn't mean much. Find out what your specific diagnosis and treatment protocol is. They will give you a pamphlet outlining any potential side effects and I say potential because you may or may not experience them.

Side effects from one protocol to the next can vary.

You will most likely be sent to a chemo teach. It's very broad and covers many different chemotherapy side effects that may or may not apply. Don't worry about it. There will be some useful stuff there.

if you are going to the Agency here you will be receiving incredible care. Those guys are amazing. So focus your attention elsewhere: diet and exercise.

Stay active. Weights and an aerobic program both short in duration can be ideal (20 minutes or so). Walk as much as you can. Develop a dietary strategy. Focus your attention on these two. You will have to work around your surgery but it's doable.

I'm riding faster and stronger than when I went in. That is in spite of a very tough treatment protocol. Staying active made a massive difference and was a big surprise to the team there.

PM me if I can help you in any way. I'm headed to the island this am and can be back later.

July 10, 2015, 7 a.m.

I have not been given the long 10 syllable name yet. but ive been assured its been caught early enough in its life.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 10, 2015, 7:02 a.m.

Thank you very much blackbird. That is promising to know.. ill try and find out the protocol

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c