Cancer, Before I die

July 3, 2019, 3:09 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

it's pancreatic cancer. He's started aggressive chemo already apparently, but it don't look good. Enjoy yourself people, you don't know when your number will be called.

Pancreatic Cancer never is, put your affairs in order and wait to die

lost a good buddy to Colon cancer last week,  super healthy skier /paddler climber /paraglider, it was stage 4 by the time they found it and he didnt really have a chance.

He said If he had got the colonoscopy they might have found it before it was too late but the doc told him he didnt need the scope cuz he was so healthy ...cancer  doesnt care how healthy you are

great wake tho buddy sure knows how to thro a party

July 3, 2019, 6:16 p.m.

Posted by: nick

just wondering... not sure why I was thinking of him today.

Myself too.  Probably because I saw a guy on a scooter.

Oct. 23, 2020, 8:49 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: hypa

I've been following Rossco's saga for years always hoping that he was one of the lucky folks who could beat Cancer.

He's down in Malibu right now on his bike.

I'm starting to think that 'riding his bike everyday' and 'in Malibu' might be euphemisms.  Doing what he loves all the time, and in a really great place. 

Assuming that's the case, here are a few memories I have of his e-self.  I never met him personally but he was a prolific poster here back when I was, in the 2000s. 

• His Dad driving him to Whistler to ride, and his dad would go slow on the Sea to Sky, and people would throw golf balls at him.  This was before the Olympic widening I guess, when it was tougher to pass. 
  • He had a job collecting golf balls with scuba gear, and found a dead body one day
  • He liked his hardtail bikes.  
  • He bought a moped scooter and hopped it up, riding with sandals.
  • He had a few ipods on the go, for various activities.  A riding ipod, a home ipod.
  • Ladner Laddy for Life is what he used to have under his picture I think. 

RIP Rossco.  You were a vibrant member of this community for so many years.

Oct. 23, 2020, 10:51 a.m.

He's still alive, just doesn't ride mountain bikes anymore and spends his time on motorcycles

Oct. 23, 2020, 12:17 p.m.

Did he beat cancer?  This thread started 5 years ago and it sounded dire then.

Oct. 23, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: Straw

Posted by: hypa

I've been following Rossco's saga for years always hoping that he was one of the lucky folks who could beat Cancer.

He's down in Malibu right now on his bike.

I'm starting to think that 'riding his bike everyday' and 'in Malibu' might be euphemisms.  Doing what he loves all the time, and in a really great place. 

Assuming that's the case, here are a few memories I have of his e-self.  I never met him personally but he was a prolific poster here back when I was, in the 2000s. 

• His Dad driving him to Whistler to ride, and his dad would go slow on the Sea to Sky, and people would throw golf balls at him.  This was before the Olympic widening I guess, when it was tougher to pass. 
  • He had a job collecting golf balls with scuba gear, and found a dead body one day
  • He liked his hardtail bikes.  
  • He bought a moped scooter and hopped it up, riding with sandals.
  • He had a few ipods on the go, for various activities.  A riding ipod, a home ipod.
  • Ladner Laddy for Life is what he used to have under his picture I think. 

RIP Rossco.  You were a vibrant member of this community for so many years.

I read your post and had to think of .... Digger's Rock on a hardtail. Dang....I forgot the name of the brand.

Oct. 23, 2020, 5:10 p.m.

Sounds like he did!  Good for him.

Oct. 23, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

24 or something.  Super beefy aluminum.  Hard to google.  There's a picture of his bike in his signature at the beginning of this thread, but even then I can't remember.

Oct. 23, 2020, 8:28 p.m.

It was a 24 Bicycles Le Toy

Oct. 24, 2020, 4:47 a.m.

It was a 24 Bicycles Le Toy

Yes....I remember. And I remember pictured of said frames in what was called "Mountainbike Downhill Magazine" back then, now the Mountainbike Rider Mag. Everybody around here was WTF when they saw that frame.

Nov. 6, 2020, 12:34 a.m.

he just got a new motorbike. went for a seawall ride with him a couple years ago. he still had that green cruiser bike with the dorado on it.. 

Nov. 6, 2020, 7:06 p.m.

Rock on, Ross.

Nov. 9, 2020, 11:48 a.m.

Looks like Canada Games pool parking lot. Guess he's still creepin' on the youngin's.

Jan. 5, 2021, 9:55 p.m.

Long time no see, NSMB.  I was thinking of Rossco the other day when I was at the range, wondering how he made out.  I'm glad to hear he kicked cancer's ass and is knees in the breeze still.

Jan. 6, 2021, 9:38 a.m.

Posted by: Zedbra

Long time no see, NSMB.  I was thinking of Rossco the other day when I was at the range, wondering how he made out.  I'm glad to hear he kicked cancer's ass and is knees in the breeze still.

Mr. Zedbra!  Good to hear from you.