Cancer, Before I die

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:17 p.m.

Hahahha but The big guns are way more fun! We will see what comes of these tests etc. My wife elf may change from work and play to drugs and radiation all-day.. most likely will need to leave my job in next few months.. sell the car the scooters etc

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:25 p.m.

Sorry to hear it wasn't a better prognosis. Keep on fighting the good fight… Sending best thoughts your way.

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

So the lymphoma wasn't there in previous scans? Thats some aggro cancer if it spread that fast.

In your case and own words since you be dying, what ya got to lose? Try some "alternative" methods. Worst thing that can happen is you actually improve, right?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

Ross, send me a pm since I'm relegated to mobility.

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:45 p.m.

In your case and own words since you be dying, what ya got to lose? Try some "alternative" methods. Worst thing that can happen is you actually improve, right?

No, the worst thing that can happen is that the alternative methods interfere with the effectiveness of proven treatments, making them ineffectual.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 4, 2016, 2 p.m.

No, the worst thing that can happen is that the alternative methods interfere with the effectiveness of proven treatments, making them ineffectual.

That's if he uses both at the same time.

Jan. 4, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

Also Ken, proven treatment @ a 30% effective rate, well, you see where I'm going with it.

Jan. 4, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

Dude…not the best news but stay strong man and keep swinging!

Jan. 4, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

The original tumor they removed was lymphoma and they saw no others li think. Or did not scan up near neck lung area .

Also do not turn this into a. What's better treatment thread

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 4, 2016, 6:56 p.m.

Also do not turn this into a. What's better treatment thread

Because that one already started???

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 5, 2016, 12:31 a.m.

Boobs is good treatment the gf has a nice rack so I'm blessed with pillow time

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 5, 2016, 1:04 a.m.

Shitty deal, but good to see you keeping your chin up. Amazing what positive thinking will do. Hang in there, you've got a lot of people rooting for you!

Good call on the boob pillow treatment.

Jan. 5, 2016, 1:35 a.m.

Well next week reality sets in. If more tumors show up.u percent of recovery. Also living longer goes down. My uncle says if they don't grow… 10-15 years if they do 5 and below. Which is why I'm even tearing up writing this is I want to marry my gf.. but not to have her be a widow before she's 31.

This is my reality setting in at 1:35 am in pain can't sleep..

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 5, 2016, 2:04 a.m.

I'm really sorry for you, Ross.

A colleague of mine was told a similar life expectancy, she completely changed her diet and developped a grim determination of staying alive. She won. It's been quite a few years now. See her on Thursday and can talk to her if you want.

Remember….just because you were told a number which frame of reference is based on experience and statistics, it does not have to mean that you will not be able to see your grandchildren play, Ross.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your girlfriend and your family.

Consider yourself hugged.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 5, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

I am and will always be more positive then anyone. But from what's happening in my body right now it might be smarter to take the blinders off and still have a good time till the end. Priorities are kicking in. Lol. My uncle is flying in tomorrow morning to see all results and labs. Which makes my mom very happy.

Can you ask your friend what she had?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c