Canadian Online stock broker

Nov. 14, 2008, 7:03 p.m.

Leave the guy alone, he'll but GM and that money is as good as gone.

But seriously, dude do some major research before buying or you'll lose it and it will still suck

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm into GM for a few bucks….. actually topped it up this morning… High risk…but then again, isn't life…

Nov. 14, 2008, 7:30 p.m.

I don't like RBC one bit. $28.95 is steep and there is a quarterly fee too of $15 or $25.

And they are slow at trading. I put a order in at 7am and it got filled at like 12. Could make a huge difference in stock price.

*edit I don't know how fast other places are, but my buddy puts his order in and it is filled in under an hour

Nov. 14, 2008, 7:57 p.m.

www.interactivebrokers.com

Nov. 14, 2008, 8:10 p.m.

www.interactivebrokers.com

these guys want a $3000 USD minimum, i wish i could…

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Nov. 14, 2008, 8:26 p.m.

Let me put it this way, the lessons I learned when I just started trading online cost me more than any course I ever took and I was an international student at SFU… so be careful - and stay away from penny stocks.

well, right now everything is going down, so at first i will lose money no matter what. The question is: what will rebound the best?

And I'm still trying to decide on a broker.

Nov. 15, 2008, 12:51 a.m.

E-Trade anyone?

seriously…its hard to decide right now because everything is tanking. Probably not the smart choice, but I'm leaning towards M$ simply because they are in an industry that I hope to get a job in in a few years. IMO it is better to go with the "less good"?
option over the good option if you don't know anything about the good one.

yeah, noob

edit: $20 per trade unless i make 150 trades per quarter. What a bunch of grabasses

Nov. 16, 2008, 4:13 p.m.

since you posted this, my interest in online trading has been renewed…so….which one did you decide to use?

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Nov. 16, 2008, 4:20 p.m.

RBC. Its more expensive, but the chances of me fucking up the application process are slim because I can apply in person. Etrade had way too many forms that I didn't understand:| Besides, I'm not planning to buy/sell often, so $28 is not too bad.

Nov. 16, 2008, 6:58 p.m.

well, right now everything is going down, so at first i will lose money no matter what. The question is: what will rebound the best?

And I'm still trying to decide on a broker.

Debatable. If you believe it will go down - wait, why buy now then?

I didn't look into Microsoft, so I can't tell you anything about them. Generally speaking I tend to stay away from things I don't understand (i.e. what are their key success factors? Innovation? Hard to measure.) and anything computer related falls into that category, similar to biotech stuff.

Good luck.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:18 p.m.

Debatable. If you believe it will go down - wait, why buy now then?

Optimally its best to buy at rock bottom, but nobody knows where that is. We know for sure that everything (except for GM LOL) will more or less bounce back. So if I don't know where rock bottom is, I think the next best option is to buy before it hits rock bottom. Buying on the way up is bad i think.

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:29 p.m.

We know for sure that everything (except for GM LOL) will more or less bounce back.

Is this one of those rules like 'real estate always goes up'?

This space intentionally left blank.

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:36 p.m.

Is this one of those rules like 'real estate always goes up'?

common sense. The whole market can't keep tanking forever (except GM LOL again)

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:36 p.m.

Optimally its best to buy at rock bottom, but nobody knows where that is. We know for sure that everything (except for GM LOL) will more or less bounce back. So if I don't know where rock bottom is, I think the next best option is to buy before it hits rock bottom. Buying on the way up is bad i think.

This is what makes stock trading so exciting - everyone has their own way of thinking. I tend to be more comfortable buying stocks on the way up, and if they drop a bit, I'll top it up.

Re: penny stocks. Many stocks are up only on hype (TSX-V type), I've noticed that once BNN has some fancy analyst dude show up and tell everyone their top pick it tends to jump high the next day and then slowly go back to its place over a few weeks. I find them hard to valuate as well… but some sure give good returns.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:42 p.m.

pennies might not be worth it for me considering the $28 to buy and $28 to sell

:(

Nov. 16, 2008, 7:50 p.m.

why not buy rrsps?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.