Canada, the Bad Neighbor

Feb. 13, 2019, 1:21 p.m.

Is it not possible that the US aims to make Venezuela capitalism-friendly using typical CIA "methods" AND that Maduro is illegitimate?  I have no reason to trust America's intentions in South America, but I don't trust Russia and China in this regard either.  Maduro's government is a total disaster and he has obviously subverted democracy to win the election.  I know your default opinion is whatever Russia supports but that election is highly suspect.  From what I have seen it is difficult to pull off a second term when people across your country are starving, so I have my doubts that a halfwit like Maduro pulled it off.

Feb. 13, 2019, 1:30 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Is it not possible that the US aims to make Venezuela capitalism-friendly using typical CIA "methods" AND that Maduro is illegitimate?  I have no reason to trust America's intentions in South America, but I don't trust Russia and China in this regard either.  Maduro's government is a total disaster and he has obviously subverted democracy to win the election.  I know your default opinion is whatever Russia supports but that election is highly suspect.  From what I have seen it is difficult to pull off a second term when people across your country are starving, so I have my doubts that a halfwit like Maduro pulled it off.

I'm sorry but this is NSMB and sentient alternate opinions are simply not allowed.

Feb. 13, 2019, 7:55 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Maduro is illegitimate? ....he has obviously subverted democracy to win the election. I know your default opinion is whatever Russia supports but that election is highly suspect. From what I have seen it is difficult to pull off a second term when people across your country are starving, so I have my doubts that a halfwit like Maduro pulled it off.

There was nothing wrong with that election. You are a dupe of the cheerleading coroprate media (and seemingly dismiss out of hand any other narrative) if you think there was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=-LT_O7tI3DY

Note that most of peeps in above vid are some form of coloured, indigenous, hispanic, black, and are the majority and represent the lower stratas on the economic ladder.

The "opposition" on the other hand, are directed by the oligarchy who are mostly of Europeon stock, white, and overly represent the wealthy in country.

You seem to dismiss the former. Are you classist chup, or just racist?

IF that portion of the "opposition" that boycotted the election had not, then the oligarchs actually might have won. But instead they decided to sing from the songsheet of the CIA and do away with the niceties of democracy and now they've no other choice than to sleep with the devil. I hope they burn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrapYLtkBhY

I know your default opinion is whatever Russia supports

Yah ya ya chirp chirp chirp god you're predictable! .... I only root for the Russkies insomuch as they are a fly in the buttermilk of Amerikan hegemony. My "support" of Russia/Putin is more nuanced than you'll admit because it's easier to bash me otherwise.

halfwit like Maduro

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-47211509

Jump to 7:30... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWAO4Has04

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 13, 2019, 8:57 p.m., edited 6 times in total.
Feb. 13, 2019, 10:11 p.m.

Venezuela has the spice.

Feb. 14, 2019, 12:36 p.m.

Between February 6 and 10 of 2019, several military transport aircraft have flown to the Rafael Miranda Airport in Puerto Rico, the San Isidro Air Base in the Dominican Republic, and other strategically located Caribbean Islands, most certainly without the knowledge of the governments of those nations. These flights took off from U.S. military facilities where Special Operation Troops and U.S. Marine Corps units operate. These units have been used for covert operations, even against leaders of other countries.

[T]he U.S. intends to fabricate a humanitarian pretext in order to launch a military attack on Venezuela and, by resorting to intimidation, pressure, and force, is seeking to introduce into this sovereign nation's territory alleged humanitarian aid... It is obvious that the United States is paving the way to forcibly establish a humanitarian corridor under international supervision, invoke the obligation to protect civilians, and take all necessary steps. It is worth recalling that similar behaviors and pretexts were used to by the U.S. during the prelude to wars it launched against Yugoslavia, Iraq, and Libya, which resulted in tremendous human losses and caused enormous suffering.

http://en.granma.cu/cuba/2019-02-14/us-military-adventure-against-venezuela-must-be-stopped

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Following the closed-door, Feb. 4th meeting of the Lima Group in Ottawa, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland was holding a press conference to issue “the Ottawa Declaration for Venezuela” when suddenly protestors swarmed in front of her podium, unfurled a banner and began chanting “Hands off Venezuela!”

As security guards removed the protestors, Freeland deftly moved off-script to say that the Lima Group’s plans for Venezuela would uphold “the kind of democracy which political protestors in Canada do enjoy and I’m sad to say that political protestors in Venezuela do not.”

It was a bizarre statement for a variety of reasons – including the recent RCMP arrests of 14 peaceful land and water-protectors in Indigenous territory in B.C. – but especially because Freeland’s words coincided (but conflicted) with current mainstream media claims of massive protest marches taking place in Venezuela against president Nicolas Maduro and in favour of opposition figure Juan Guaido, who emerged from obscurity to declare himself interim president on January 23.

Canada’s “Liberal Hawk”

In Canada, Freeland has become known for such hyperbole. For example, in April 2018 when Canada expelled four Russian diplomats, Freeland said that the decision resulted in part from Russia’s attempts “to interfere in our democracy.” But as the Toronto Star’s Thomas Walkom has stated, “Moscow’s sin then was to publicize the uncontested fact – also reported in the Star and Globe and Mail – that Freeland’s maternal grandfather had been a Nazi collaborator during the Second World War.” [1]

Adamantly anti-Russia, Freeland has become the Trudeau government’s “most articulate liberal hawk,” even declaring that Canadians must be prepared to go to war as the New Cold War heats up. [2]At the Feb. 4th press conference, Freeland’s hyperbole neatly meshed with hypocrisy when she stated that “she opposed a coup but wanted the Venezuelan military to depose current president [Nicolas] Maduro and install the unelected U.S. dauphin, Juan Guaido.” [3]

Of course, some other Lima Group members have their own hypocrisy to answer for.

When it came to signing the Ottawa communiqué, Guayana and St. Lucia refused to sign, as did Mexico, which did not attend the February 4th meeting and has dropped out of the Lima Group. So that left 11 members – Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay and Peru – who signed the Ottawa Declaration.

As professors John Kirk and Stephen Kimber have noted, some of these members “are being willfully hypocritical in their moralizing … Guatemala’s President, Jimmy Morales, dismantled a United Nations anti-corruption group and barred its head from entering the country. Honduras’ President, Juan Orlando Hernandez, took power in 2014 after a dubious election and violent crackdown on dissent, then ignored his country’s constitution to win re-election in 2017. Brazil’s new President, Jair Bolsonaro, has not only publicly attacked women, gay people, immigrants and people of colour, he has also expressed support for torture and his country’s military dictatorship. Colombia has witnessed the execution of 120 human-rights leaders in the past two years. Is Ms. Freeland promoting democracy in those countries? And what does it say about Canada that these are our fellow travellers?” [4]

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/13/canada-vs-venezuela-the-murky-background/ (long, detailed, citations included)

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 14, 2019, 10 p.m., edited 7 times in total.
Feb. 15, 2019, 9:21 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

A bunch of videos bla bla

I actually never mentioned the election, I said he has subverted democracy which is the plain truth. I also said that I am fully aware that the US messes with other countries leadership and both can exist in the same universe, so you are just setting up a strawman.

You, my friend, are predictable. If Russia supports it, so do you. Why I don't know, but it could have something to do with your belief that the "mainstream news" always lies. Of course, that must mean that Putin, Jinping, and Erdogan are valued sources of truth.

So that is great that there was a line of tens of old people that love Maduro. Cool story bro.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Feb. 15, 2019, 9:29 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 15, 2019, 9:56 a.m.

I only root for the Russkies insomuch as they are a fly in the buttermilk of Amerikan hegemony. My "support" of Russia/Putin is more nuanced than you'll admit because it's easier to bash me otherwise

This is why you are a fool.  You hold America to a high standard, as we all should, but you don't hold the opposing forces to any standard whatsoever and you are blind to the fact that despite its flaws, western media is the freest in the world.  Maduro dissolved the national assembly which is what dictators do to stay in power, but you just assume he would hold fair elections?.  Why?  What in his past would make you believe that?  He is fully corrupt and nothing the west does changes that fact.  American bad guys could be in the streets with CNN right now claiming the country actually wants Geraldo Rivera to lead them, but that doesn't change the FACT that Maduro/Chevez have been a total disaster to the country.  People are leaving in the largest mass migration on the planet, and it's not because of Canada.

Feb. 15, 2019, 1:53 p.m.

Maduro did not disolve the NA, the SC disolved the NA as per the constitution because the "opposition" was sabotaging parliamentary procedure.

western media is the freest in the world

Listen you fool, except for marginalized exceptions, the "media" in the west enjoys a robust debate only within self imposed parameters amenable to the national sercurity state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent

There are times when truth can be found between the lines of western "media", but recently it's just full on sophomoric propaganda, much like the run up to the Iraq war crime, to which the CBC has shamefully been party.

A Canadian passport will soon be a object of scorn.

don't hold the opposing forces to any standard whatsoever

You have no idea what standard I hold them to because its never been dicussed. Try again.

Maduro/Chevez have been a total disaster to the country.

Economic/psychological/propaganda war waged by the psychotic yanke scum against a country struggling to free itself from class oppression created this tragedy, not patriotic Venezuelans.

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 15, 2019, 1:58 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 15, 2019, 2:11 p.m.

I propose that the denizens of NSMB set up a go fund me campaign to send both of you to Venezuela to get us the truth about what's actually going down in the greatest failed oil state the world has ever seen.

Feb. 15, 2019, 3:02 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabro

the greatest failed oil state the world has ever seen.

Alberta? You sending them to Alberta?

Feb. 15, 2019, 3:30 p.m.

A Canadian passport will soon be a object of scorn.

Well if you don’t like yours....

....I hear Moscow is nice this time of year.

Feb. 15, 2019, 5:48 p.m.

Yo Big T.  What do you think of Navalny?

Feb. 15, 2019, 6:03 p.m.

Water cannons are cool.

Thread killer

Feb. 15, 2019, 8:06 p.m.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/15/venezuela-the-mighty-wurlitzer/

Feb. 16, 2019, 10:25 a.m.

Oh sound goods... Really impressive

Super Smash flash 2 beta

Last edited by: supersmash2 on Feb. 16, 2019, 10:27 a.m., edited 1 time in total.