Canada, the Bad Neighbor

Feb. 11, 2019, 1:16 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: FLATCH

Bruno Gerussi was the town drunk when I was a kid.

You're from the Coast too? I remember seeing him drag himself out of an old piece of shit Civic at Sunnycrest and thinking "Holy shit Nick! What happened?"

Born and raised. Bruno used to have a regular table at the Omega restaurant. I saw him pissed there a fare bit. I remember when they blew up a boat in the harbour for a shot during Sea Cavalcade. Blew out a number of windows around the government wharf.

Feb. 11, 2019, 2:39 p.m.

You're from the Coast too? I remember seeing him drag himself out of an old piece of shit Civic at Sunnycrest and thinking "Holy shit Nick! What happened?"

Born and raised. Bruno used to have a regular table at the Omega restaurant. I saw him pissed there a fare bit. I remember when they blew up a boat in the harbour for a shot during Sea Cavalcade. Blew out a number of windows around the government wharf.

Bruno's TV series "Celebrity Cooks" was the last public appearance of Bob Crane. He was murdered shortly after. No one was ever charged in the crime. (Edit; No one was ever convicted)

Last edited by: Stuminator on Feb. 11, 2019, 5:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 11, 2019, 4:34 p.m.

I’m not 100% but I think he shot that from his amazing house on the bluff overlooking the harbour.

Feb. 11, 2019, 7:47 p.m.

I’m not 100% but I think he shot that from his amazing house on the bluff overlooking the harbour.

Probably because the CBC pissed a shit load of money away with the beachcombers. I know this because there is still a couple dinosaurs in our local film industry who worked on and tell the stories of the beachcombers. Although it brought lots of money to Gibson's which for sure is a positive. Show still sucked. Yes Bruno was apparently a party animal

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Feb. 11, 2019, 7:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2019, 12:44 a.m.

F is for Family is animated in Canada. Or is it archer? Maybe BoJack? Unsure now

Feb. 12, 2019, 9:13 a.m.

I grew up in Pender so I was unaware that he was a mess.  I just assumed he was a rich guy living on a hillside mansion somewhere drinking aged whiskey with Relic.

Feb. 12, 2019, 9:32 a.m.

Relic ( Robert Clothier ) was the guest speaker at my graduation. Very intelligent and well spoken guy.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Feb. 12, 2019, 9:33 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2019, 9:36 a.m.

Did you know he was a bomber pilot during WW 2.

Feb. 12, 2019, 4:39 p.m.

Did you know he was a bomber pilot during WW 2.

His plane crashed during a training mission & he was the only survivor.

Feb. 12, 2019, 6:36 p.m.

Relic ( Robert Clothier ) was the guest speaker at my graduation. Very intelligent and well spoken guy.

Did he talk about stealing Nick and Jessie's logs? He was such a cheeky monkey.

Feb. 12, 2019, 8:45 p.m.

My favorite was when he jumped that sand bar in his jet boat. I think he was in a race with the Persephone.

Thread killer

Feb. 12, 2019, 9:32 p.m.

Donald Trump imagines Juan Guaidó is the rightful president of Venezuela. Mr. Guaidó, a man of impeccable illegitimacy, was exposed by Cohen and Blumenthal as “a product of a decade-long project overseen by Washington’s elite regime change trainers.” Argentinian sociologist Marco Teruggi described Guaidó in the same article as “a character that has been created for this circumstance” of regime change. Here, his constitutional credentials to be interim president of Venezuela are deconstructed.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/08/juan-guaido-the-man-who-would-be-president-of-venezuela-doesnt-have-a-constitutional-leg-to-stand-on/

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:03 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Donald Trump imagines Juan Guaidó is the rightful president of Venezuela. Mr. Guaidó, a man of impeccable illegitimacy, was exposed by Cohen and Blumenthal as “a product of a decade-long project overseen by Washington’s elite regime change trainers.” Argentinian sociologist Marco Teruggi described Guaidó in the same article as “a character that has been created for this circumstance” of regime change. Here, his constitutional credentials to be interim president of Venezuela are deconstructed.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/08/juan-guaido-the-man-who-would-be-president-of-venezuela-doesnt-have-a-constitutional-leg-to-stand-on/

So you are saying another in a long line of rulers deposed by the USA? Allende in Chile, Mosaddeq in Iran, Gaddafi deposed in Libya. Alot of the times it's due to oil & the money to be made from it. Perhaps that is the case with Venezuela as well.

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:14 p.m.

Don't forget the banana republics.

Feb. 13, 2019, 11:13 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: tungsten

So you are saying another in a long line of rulers deposed by the USA? Allende in Chile, Mosaddeq in Iran, Gaddafi deposed in Libya. Alot of the times it's due to oil & the money to be made from it. Perhaps that is the case with Venezuela as well.

Saddam, Iraq - oil, Yawn-ah-ko-vech, Ukraine - agriculture/Russiaphobia, Hondurous - ?, Arbenz in Guatamala, 1954 - bananas, Noriega, Panama - 'cause he wanted a bigger cut of the take, Grenada - 'cause, you know, commies eh?

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-real-reason-the-u-s-wants-to-overthrow-venezuela/

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 13, 2019, 12:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.