Canada's worst driver?

Dec. 12, 2014, 11:52 a.m.

a little edit of the calgary's worst driver vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5T1j3IsJY

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 12, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

i have no issue with shaming that person for all of eternity. Please hand in your licence and get a bus pass. And fire the shit out of any one who had any part in passing them for the road test.

WTF, Over?

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:12 p.m.

this makes our Alberta licensing system look like a joke. So many stories of people buying their licenses since the system went private. They tracked her down and gave her a dangerous backing ticket, not a hit and run because she claims she didn't realize she hit that car.

But yeah, keep focusing resources on photo radar because it's easy and funds the police, don't worry about having people on the roads that can't escape a dangerous parking lot.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:45 p.m.

the really scary thing is what happened on this sped up vid in 38 seconds actually took 4 and a half minutes to play out in real time.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 12, 2014, 8:09 p.m.

this is your edit mark? it deserves to go viral.

Dec. 12, 2014, 10 p.m.

Im just glad you made a thread about it:woot:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2850113[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=4910

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 12, 2014, 10:26 p.m.

Im just glad you made a thread about it:woot:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2850113[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=4910

Dude play this version, then apologize. :)

Dec. 13, 2014, 1:19 p.m.

Of course. In a beemer. It's too bad they're actually nice vehicles. I could never own one though because it would just make me…one of them.

I would say, on average, the worst drivers by car model are Toyota Corolla drivers. Frightening.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 13, 2014, 9 p.m.

There may be worse drivers skills wise but beemer drivers as a group seem to have the worst combination of incompetence, aggression, and ignorance.

Dec. 13, 2014, 11:14 p.m.

Not really related, but this is as good a thread as any to vent a bit. I live in Calgary and since I started commuting to work and spending more time in the car I've seen all kinds of terrible drivers and hilarious incidents that just make me shake my head.

Just tonight I had a guy pull up beside me at a light and yell out the window "Get out of the fast lane, you're driving too slow!" I was on a 4 lane urban road (not highway), doing the speed limit with my 4 month old baby in the back seat, it had been snowing earlier and there was a good possibility of black ice on the road due to the freeze/thaw/rain/snow we've had over the last couple of days. The weird part was that there was almost no other traffic on the road and I wasn't holding him up in any way, shape or form. I guess he was trying to "educate" me??

Ooh, another good one was in the summer I was making a left turn onto a 4 lane road, and an oncoming car was making a right turn onto the same road. Naturally, I turned into the nearest lane, and expected him to do the same on his side so that we each ended up in our respective lanes after the turn, however he thought it perfectly normal to cross over onto my side of the road as he made the turn. His reaction was to flip me off and punch the accelerator which caused his RWD car to fishtail and almost lose control as he continued to swear at me and speed off.

I've learned not to let these things get to me… we're all going to get where we're going so why not relax and make the trip a little more enjoyable for everyone. If people cooperated a bit more instead of having the me-first attitude the roads would be a much more pleasant place.

Dec. 16, 2014, 2:28 p.m.

2 of the 3 finalists are from Calgary. Coincidence? Mind your self on those mean streets Calgarians. Do we know who this person from the parking video is?
http://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Canada-s-Worst-Driver

WTF, Over?

Dec. 16, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

I don't get why people can be so extreme against drunk driving and speeding but think it's adorable that their elderly parents or neighbours are unable to drive safely. If you know someone that has trouble and could be unsafe leaving from your house, it should come with the same responsibility as someone driving drunk from your house.

Dec. 16, 2014, 8:55 p.m.

There may be worse drivers skills wise but beemer drivers as a group seem to have the worst combination of incompetence, aggression, and ignorance.

Wow, down there too?

In this city, beware any late model luxury auto/suv.

I heard a rumour that a certain high end car dealer in town, you know, that one on Burrard St., could, for the low low price of $10,000, arrange licensing/insurance for customers who needed help in that regard.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 16, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

Wow, down there too?

In this city, beware any late model luxury auto/suv.

I heard a rumour that a certain high end car dealer in town, you know, that one on Burrard St., could, for the low low price of $10,000, arrange licensing/insurance for customers who needed help in that regard.

i heard the same thing about cab drivers and a certain taxi company.

Ellen Langer