Canada Votes 2021

Sept. 20, 2021, 7:04 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

I'm old and white, but neither white enough or old enough to vote Conservative - but I will say some of the words coming out of Kevin O'Toole's mouth do seem reasonable - which is proof positive that I am getting older, in the very least. However, they are at odds with the party line so I have to believe they mean nothing.

I can't vote conservative. I won't vote for Justin, so NDP it is!

Hell of a lot more appealing than Sheer's campaign. I just can't help but think their whole strategy has been *avoid another round of strategic voting*. We'll see what they are really about if they come into power. (I bloody hope not).

Last edited by: Madman on Sept. 20, 2021, 7:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 20, 2021, 7:49 p.m.

So nothing changes...

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:13 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

I'm old and white, but neither white enough or old enough to vote Conservative - but I will say some of the words coming out of Kevin O'Toole's mouth do seem reasonable - which is proof positive that I am getting older, in the very least. However, they are at odds with the party line so I have to believe they mean nothing.

I can't vote conservative. I won't vote for Justin, so NDP it is!

I don't think it's proof you're getting older, but in the course of this campaign O'Toole has tried to pull the Conservatives more towards the middle in terms of social policy which is why he seems reasonable. I think the problem is that the current Conservatives aren’t the Progressive Conservatives of 30m years ago. The current crop has grown out of the old Reform Party from Alberta and that has influenced the stronger right leaning platform and policies we see with the Conservatives. The leaders/influencers in the Conservative party don't want to make that move to the middle or leaning left on social issues and values, so they are going to be stuck with a limited number of supporters unless the Liberals massively cock things up and/or the NDP is willing to move to the right a little bit and take a significant amount of support from the Liberals and split the centre/left vote, allowing the Conservatives to gain more votes/power.

Last edited by: syncro on Sept. 22, 2021, 8:50 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 20, 2021, 8:15 p.m.

If the Liberals want a majority, Trudeau has to go as leader and the party needs to move to the right/conservative side a bit in terms of fiscal policy.

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:16 p.m.

compare the Canadian election to the cluster fuck in America about a year ago,

T he democratic process has been completed quite sucessfully

what did you really expect ?

Its a reaffirmation?

maybe you don't really get it ?

Its not perfect but democracy is all we got

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 20, 2021, 8:19 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 20, 2021, 8:37 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

compare the Canadian election to the cluster fuck in America about a year ago,

T he democratic process has been completed quite sucessfully

what did you really expect ?

Its a reaffirmation?

Its not perfect but democracy is all we got

The perfect democracy counts votes, not seat....just like justin promised.

Nice to see Taylor's photographer wont be out of a job..........

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:44 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

If the Liberals want a majority, Trudeau has to go as leader and the party needs to move to the right/conservative side a bit in terms of fiscal policy.

You mean spend way more fucking money than they do now?

Who are you talking to? Or are you just outside on the porch yelling at tumbleweeds as they pass by?

Posted by: ReductiMat

No - that would be spending less.

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:50 p.m.

ppc torched the cons  hahahahahaha

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:50 p.m.

No - that would be spending less.

Conservative governments spend more than Neoliberal ones.

Sept. 20, 2021, 8:54 p.m.

Based on? Policy? Past records? I think the question of which political ideology spends more is one that can't be answered based on a simple summary of who spent what over their time in office. There are so many factors to consider in terms of what influenced spending at a specific point in time.

Sept. 20, 2021, 9:06 p.m.

Posted by: switch

So nothing changes...

Oh something changed alright. All us Canadians are $410 million poorer. All that money spent to establish nothing. What a fucking waste of money by the mincing pimp. (Edit; O'Toole just said this election cost $600 million)

Last edited by: Stuminator on Sept. 20, 2021, 9:31 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 21, 2021, 7:38 a.m.

Based on? Policy? Past records? …

Based on the past, roughly yes. 

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/federal-debt-in-canada-by-prime-ministers-2019.pdf

Sept. 21, 2021, 9:13 a.m.

Who are you talking to? Or are you just outside on the porch yelling at tumbleweeds as they pass by?

whom do you think ?