Canada Votes 2021

Sept. 9, 2021, 8:02 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door.  Kid was barely in university.  I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

Apparently he did all right as there seem to be more than a few new signs for the conservative candidate in the 'hood

Sept. 9, 2021, 9:12 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Hey, he had a dog, so he couldn't have been that bad of a guy.

Seriously.  It's fucked up on so many levels.

(For the record, I will risk my life for most dogs)

Sept. 10, 2021, 10:39 a.m.

The Conservative party should canvas in Lytton and explain why they voted to not recognize climate change at their convention.  Or how rejecting even lower emission targets will help solve the climate crisis we are in.  https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-election-2021/conservative-leader-rejects-canada-s-new-emissions-target-favours-lower-one-1.5564031

And JT isn't any better, given that he doesn't keep any of the promises he sets on these.

Well, at least there aren't many doors to knock on in Lytton ... 

badum ... tshhhh

Too soon?

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:36 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

The Conservative party should canvas in Lytton and explain why they voted to not recognize climate change at their convention.  Or how rejecting even lower emission targets will help solve the climate crisis we are in.  https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-election-2021/conservative-leader-rejects-canada-s-new-emissions-target-favours-lower-one-1.5564031

And JT isn't any better, given that he doesn't keep any of the promises he sets on these.

Well, at least there aren't many doors to knock on in Lytton ... 

badum ... tshhhh

Too soon?

umm ya,

I don't feel so bad about my other post now....

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:41 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door. Kid was barely in university. I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

I only have my home cam, but I swear a boy who couldn't have been more than 15 came by with his dog and left a Conservative flyer.

That's seriously fucked up.

So what im reading here is that young people are finding ways to get involved in the electoral process.....oh the horror!

Thats what i love about this forum... we have the right to disagree AND get pillored for it if you sway from the herd's preferred opinion.

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:44 a.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

So what im reading here is that young people are finding ways to get involved in the electoral process.....oh the horror!

Thats what i love about this forum... we have the right to disagree AND get pillored for it if you sway from the herd's preferred opinion.

Yeah that's terrible. Almost as bad as deriding people for taking an interest in social issues. But what do I know.

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:45 a.m.

Had an interesting conversation with my oldest, about politics. 

Social media has him leaning towards conservative values, but he says we probably need what the green party wants, but they have no real plan on how to carry on the business of operating an economy.

Kid blew my mind....

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:47 a.m.

Social media has him leaning towards conservative values, but he says we probably need what the green party wants, but they have no real plan on how to carry on the business of operating an economy.

Kid blew my mind....

kids these days are pretty smart, kinda like us when we were kids and not yet tainted by the stain of adulthood. 

he's right about the green party thing, shame about the conservative values tho.

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:48 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Yeah that's terrible. Almost as bad as deriding people for taking an interest in social issues. But what do I know.

Ok, ill apologise for that.

I kinda feel like youre pontificating sometimes about things some of us have known or lived our entire lives on that topic. Im glad youre learning..

Hugs n kisses!

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:54 a.m.

Ok, ill apologise for that.

I kinda feel like youre pontificating sometimes about things some of us have known or lived our entire lives on that topic. Im glad youre learning..

Hugs n kisses!

I've know about a lot of it too, just not that particular area. Imma tryin to avoid teh pontifikacating, and just trying to share some knowledge and inspire discussion. There's way too many people that are completely oblivious to how smart Indigenous peoples are, especially when it comes to living with the land and not destroying it for profit.

Sept. 10, 2021, 11:54 a.m.

ps - good talk

Sept. 10, 2021, 12:26 p.m.

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door. Kid was barely in university. I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

I only have my home cam, but I swear a boy who couldn't have been more than 15 came by with his dog and left a Conservative flyer.

Oh bullshit.  It's pandering.

What can he possibly answer? 

"What are your thoughts on arms deals going to the Saudis?"

"My dad rides bikes!"

Sept. 10, 2021, 12:27 p.m.

Kid blew my mind....

The narrative that only one of two incumbent parties have the ability to run the country is one that's been beat into our fucking heads since birth, and there's a profit-driven reason for it.

Sept. 10, 2021, 12:33 p.m.

Oh bullshit. It's pandering.

What can he possibly answer?

"What are your thoughts on arms deals going to the Saudis?"

"My dad rides bikes!"

If a 15 yr old is out canvassing for his party of choice, you can bet your sweet ass he knows a lot more about politics than you give him credit for.

You really think the cpc candidate is gonna let some kid canvas for him and take the risk of him massively embarassing the party?

Last edited by: three-sheets on Sept. 10, 2021, 12:37 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 10, 2021, 12:39 p.m.

Pretty standard responses from the conservatives here. Clutch their pearls and gin up some faux outrage that we’d suggest that the PCs don’t have the best interests of any other then the wealthy business class.

Name some policy agenda points the PCs have that would go towards solving the climate crisis that will disproportionately impact the youngest generation.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Sept. 10, 2021, 12:41 p.m., edited 3 times in total.