One of the parties also did that in the territories ,

I am not sure why they bother ????

Sept. 7, 2021, 3:27 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Theyre throwing rocks at him in London Ontario, so i wouldnt be so sure....

“They”. The same mouth breathers that blocked hospitals this week in “protest”

....and they're eligible voters all the same.

I doubt that a handful of anti-vax assholes chucking gravel is a statistically significant representation of the voting public.

Not everybody is gonna throw rocks, but the sentiment is out there.

Just checked out my local options...it like the libs didnt even try here, the christian heritage guy has a better chance lol.

We will be stuck with the same old up here , but the con candidate did come close last time. The current mp exists on personality, not action unfortunately.

if yer living back here I been told Rod the CHP guy had  parents who were hippies not christian-whacko-nutjobs but I guess kids gotta rebel against something

used to be alot of them thar hippies in the valley and the hipnecks up the kispo eh

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 7, 2021, 3:59 p.m., edited 5 times in total.
Sept. 8, 2021, 2:25 p.m.

Grow up....

There are many reasons to not like jt and his government.

Mine are electoral reform, clean water on the rez and snc/we and whoever else he scammed our money for.

He lost my vote when he bought the pipeline, but these are all good reasons as well.

Sept. 8, 2021, 2:42 p.m.

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door.  Kid was barely in university.  I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

Sept. 8, 2021, 5:57 p.m.

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door.  Kid was barely in university.  I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

He prolly didn't understand why you would not think they are working for your future. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sept. 8, 2021, 7:19 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

He prolly didn't understand why you would not think they are working for your future. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sure.  Maybe he loves increased climate induced wildfire costs and wants lower cap gains rate for his 8 figure portfolio.  I know a lot of 20somethings like that.

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:23 p.m.

Maybe he doesn't want his PM giving money to his buddies in the WE charity. Maybe he doesn't want his PM to cater to China. Maybe he doesn't want his PM to interfere with the SNC-Lavalin affair & intimidate JWR into lying for him. Maybe he doesn't want his PM inviting a man convicted of attempted murder to a formal reception while visiting India. Maybe he doesn't want his PM accepting gifts, flights & vacations from the Aga Khan, a clear conflict of interest. Not to mention the nut-case he hired for the position of Governor General (without an interview or background check.. I mean fuck, that chick was fired or asked to quit from every job she had. The mincing pimp's thought process...Hmmm, the candidate is female, she plays the piano & she was an astronaut....what could possibly go wrong?)

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:30 p.m.

Sure. I don’t know why a young person would think the Liberals are working for their future either.  Unless they think owning a bigger pipeline is the energy plan of the future.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Sept. 8, 2021, 8:32 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 8, 2021, 8:32 p.m.

Maybe he doesn't want his PM giving money to his buddies in the WE charity. Maybe he doesn't want his PM to cater to China. Maybe he doesn't want his PM to interfere with the SNC-Lavalin affair & intimidate JWR into lying for him. Maybe he doesn't want his PM inviting a man convicted of attempted murder to a formal reception while visiting India. Maybe he doesn't want his PM accepting gifts, flights & vacations from the Aga Khan, a clear conflict of interest. Not to mention the nut-case he hired for the position of Governor General (without an interview or background check.. I mean fuck, that chick was fired or asked to quit from every job she had. The mincing pimp's thought process...Hmmm, the candidate is female, she plays the piano & she was an astronaut....what could possibly go wrong?)

Stu, at this point I don't think you're going to get many people (any people?) here disagreeing with you on the idea that Trudeau as made a lot of mistakes. With that said, the conservatives have as much or more to dislike about their platform and ideologies as the Liberals. Neither party as they currently sit is good for us really. Couch's point is that he's surprised that a younger person (compared to us old fuddy duddies)  would be supporting a party that goes against his best long term interests. Climate change figures prominently in those long term interests, as well as other social issues. 

I don't think the electorate is up to it, but they only way we are going to shock the goons from the two major parties into making some significant changes on how they do things is to send them both packing and bring in an alternative government - and I definitely do not mean the PPC. Four years of NDP may not be great, but the net effect on the other parties will be far more beneficial than continuing this never ending flip flop between team red and team blue. It's time to give team orange a go and collectively tell the other bums to smarten the fuck up.

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:38 p.m.

For the record.  I’m on board with all the JT criticisms and some.  650M$ to call an unneeded election 2 years early can get tacked onto the list.

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:43 p.m.

The NDP have no chance of doing well in Quebec. I think the Greens will drop. The PPC may get some votes, but prolly won't get a seat. Bernier finished 4th last time he tried & he is a candidate in the same riding. The liberals & the CPC will get close to the same number of votes, but the way the system is, I predict another liberal minority. If that happens, what a waste of money.

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:47 p.m.

The NDP have no chance of doing well in Quebec. I think the Greens will drop. The PPC may get some votes, but prolly won't get a seat. Bernier finished 4th last time he tried & he is a candidate in the same riding. The liberals & the CPC will get close to the same number of votes, but the way the system is, I predict another liberal minority. If that happens, what a waste of money.

I tend to agree with you here. Although, the covid deniers and JT hate seem to be helping to increase Bernier's profile and popularity. I don't know if it's enough to win them any seats, but I would guess it could end up costing the CPC a few seats and maybe the possibility of being in a position to form a minority govt.

Last edited by: syncro on Sept. 8, 2021, 8:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sp
Sept. 8, 2021, 10:26 p.m.

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door. Kid was barely in university. I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

I only have my home cam, but I swear a boy who couldn't have been more than 15 came by with his dog and left a Conservative flyer.

That's seriously fucked up.

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Sept. 8, 2021, 10:26 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 9, 2021, 9:05 a.m.

The Conservative party should canvas in Lytton and explain why they voted to not recognize climate change at their convention.  Or how rejecting even lower emission targets will help solve the climate crisis we are in.  https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-election-2021/conservative-leader-rejects-canada-s-new-emissions-target-favours-lower-one-1.5564031

And JT isn't any better, given that he doesn't keep any of the promises he sets on these.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Sept. 9, 2021, 9:15 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 9, 2021, 4:35 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Just had a canvasser for the Conservatives at my door. Kid was barely in university. I don't understand anyone that young thinking the Cons are working for their future.

I only have my home cam, but I swear a boy who couldn't have been more than 15 came by with his dog and left a Conservative flyer.

That's seriously fucked up.

Hey, he had a dog, so he couldn't have been that bad of a guy.