Canada re-elects Harper....

Oct. 22, 2008, 5:57 a.m.

non issue?

be on whichever side you wish, but harper would have, if in charge, sent men (likely hundreds) to die in vain in iraq, making canada much less safe in the process.

this is an issue to every canadian (don't have to agree with me on it, but whether or not you want your PM following the States into illegal pre emptive wars is an issue fo sho)

So would have Ignatieff, possibly the next Liberal Leader……
Also if you really think that the Liberals didn't send troops into Iraq, think again. Maybe we didn't send infantry like other countries but we certainly participated.

_How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again! _

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Oct. 22, 2008, 6:49 a.m.

exactly, in ridings that didn't go bloc, the next highest vote getter was a liberal candidate but our con friends like to ignore that little FACT.

Original quote

That is kind of a technicality since we were discussing what would happen if the bloc didn't exist. Really the question is "Who would the Bloc voters vote for if the Bloc wasn't on the ballot?" Second in Quebec popular vote is the Liberals and I would think that most of the seats held by the Bloc currently would go to the Liberals, but of course I am guessing.

I would agree with Lamb on this one. Out of the 50 ridings that the Bloc won about 30 of those the liberals came in second, 17 of which the Tories were second and the NDP 3 .
However I would like to point out that even with the backlash the Tory's were dealt in the last remaining weeks they only lagged behind the Liberals by 2[HTML_REMOVED]#37; points in popular vote within QC.

I totally agree with you both, but I was responding directly to Lambert's FACT(as he so boldly emphasized). He was only refering to ridings in which the Bloc did not win. I really don't even understand what point he was trying to make with it, but it was incorrect. In ridings where the Bloc did win, Blazin's numbers are on target, but this wasn't the ridings that Lambert was refering to.

Oct. 22, 2008, 7:32 a.m.

yeah but they read between the lines and my twisted toungue and got the point. The cons put the con in conservative and will manipulate the numbers for there own use instead of letting them speak for themselves.:P

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.