Call me Caitlyn

June 2, 2015, 12:34 p.m.

so is the sac tucked back or chopped right off?

June 2, 2015, 1:10 p.m.

https://instagram.com/p/3aVLijqqgU/

June 2, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

Should go blonde. It worked for Quagmire's old man, it may work for Bruce/Caitlin

So either I'm a trend-setting fashion guru or Caitlin reads NSMB.com NBR

June 2, 2015, 1:25 p.m.

so is the sac tucked back or chopped right off?

It's right there, look at the OP :shhh:

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

June 2, 2015, 2:16 p.m.

If shops sold something other than avid, shimano and SRAM, I'd gladly buy my parts from them, either way, it takes a lot longer to do most work on a vehicle vs a bike and I've been to plenty of "walk in" style garages that do same day turn around…
How much money does one have to spend in a shop to be a "loyal customer" anyway, 5gs?

Not bringing in parts you bought elsewhere would be a good start :lol:

June 2, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

Not bringing in parts you bought elsewhere would be a good start :lol:

^ as said above….do any of those companies offer a quality 3pc bmx crankset or 3" riser bars? Nope. The shop in general didn't have either of those things…so what do you suggest I do now, oh wise one ;p

June 2, 2015, 6:38 p.m.

If there was a market for that stuff wouldn't they be stocking it … maybe get a real bike?

June 2, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

If there was a market for that stuff wouldn't they be stocking it … maybe get a real bike?

Or I could have several. I'm sure there are plenty of people who.ride bikes like my dirt jumper who could laugh in your face and tell you to put your training wheels back on.

June 2, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

^ as said above….do any of those companies offer a quality 3pc bmx crankset or 3" riser bars? Nope. The shop in general didn't have either of those things…so what do you suggest I do now, oh wise one ;p

Do it your fucking self.

If a shop is telling you to wait a week that means there are already 48 hours worth of repairs, per mechanic, who brought their bikes in ahead of you. Bike shops have repair schedules and every mechanic's day is already blocked full of repairs well in advance All day people are wandering in saying "oh can you just do this small thing?" If the mechanics handled all the small jobs on the spot they would run out of time to fix the bikes that have already been sitting in the shop for days and already been promised a pick-up time.

You want same day turn-around? Bring your bike in the winter.

www.natooke.com

June 2, 2015, 8:24 p.m.

well at least i got the skilz to put my own training wheels back on as opposed to waiting for the LBS?

June 2, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

And I thought this was the tranny thread…

June 2, 2015, 8:38 p.m.

Whining bicycle brahs brought back the bitter bike mechanic in me. It always baffled me that more people, in the age of unlimited free information, couldn't learn how to do these simple repairs themselves and instead came into the shop on a Saturday morning whining "But I really need a tune-up, I have a race tomorrow waaaaah."

It's a fucking bicycle not a nuclear reactor.

www.natooke.com

June 2, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

Holy fuck lets get back on track here. Enough whining about the bike shops…

Good on her for finally being able to be comfortable in her own skin.

June 2, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

Whining bicycle brahs brought back the bitter bike mechanic in me. It always baffled me that more people, in the age of unlimited free information, couldn't learn how to do these simple repairs themselves and instead came into the shop on a Saturday morning whining "But I really need a tune-up, I have a race tomorrow waaaaah."

It's a fucking bicycle not a nuclear reactor.

If I didn't just move here and had tools (had to sell them to save weight on the plane) I would, and I will, don't worry, tools and a stand are on my list. I understand how it is, I was just shocked that they wanted a full week for a crank install, it seemed like a long time for a simple job, 3 PC bmx crank.. Think about it, not much work is it? Not like they are performing a sex change operation…either way, they got it done and I'm thankful, it was their work that got me out on the trails for the first time since moving here.

June 2, 2015, 9:24 p.m.

I hate it that Bruce Jenner destroyed the bike shop walk-in repair. I hope he's proud of himself now.