Broko auto glass

June 17, 2014, 9:49 a.m.

Chip in your windshield? Go Broko near Cap mall. They fixed a small chip and refused me to pay for it. I'm like "come on, let me give you something. I feel bad, what about beers?". Nothing, wouldn't take anything. Damn. What should I do? Needless to say I'm going there next time but I still feel weird about it.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

June 17, 2014, 10:02 a.m.

I'll look them up. Wife's car has a rock chip on the windshield that should be dealt with.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 17, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

I am torn. On the one hand, good for them for helping without wanting something in return. On the other hand, they turned down beer.

June 17, 2014, 12:11 p.m.

I used Broco in Richmond to fix my smashed window a while back. They quoted me $150 inc tax. This was a WAY better price than anyone else quoted me.

June 17, 2014, 12:46 p.m.

It may be that ICBC pay them to perform these cheap fixes as a new windshield is much more costly.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 17, 2014, 1:06 p.m.

i'm going there . i got a small nick just left of eye level that should be dealt with before it spreads .

i'll bring a half sack and just leave it behind .

June 17, 2014, 2:14 p.m.

They refused beer. If they refuse bacon next time, you know something's wrong with them.

Thread killer

June 17, 2014, 4:16 p.m.

On the other side of the coin, I went there to have my windshield replaced 2 days ago because I had heard good things (location near Cap Mall). It looks like a total hatchet job. The caulking is uneven and there are big globs/bulges of it on the inside of my truck. Looks pretty sloppy. I'll be taking it back there tomorrow.

June 17, 2014, 8:17 p.m.

always positive review when it's free

June 18, 2014, 2:18 p.m.

On the other side of the coin, I went there to have my windshield replaced 2 days ago because I had heard good things (location near Cap Mall). It looks like a total hatchet job. The caulking is uneven and there are big globs/bulges of it on the inside of my truck. Looks pretty sloppy. I'll be taking it back there tomorrow.

I had the Hasting location similarly blow it, and my car turned into a swimming pool. Took it to the N Van one and they did a solid job of correcting the situation.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

June 18, 2014, 3:27 p.m.

For those that live South of the Fraser River, I've had great experience with Nordel Glass:

http://www.nordelglass.com/

(multiple windshields including those I've paid full and non windshield auto glass.)

June 18, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

Driving a jeep for most of my adult life, I am no stranger to replacing windshields. I've had really good installs and really bad ones.
I have had good experiences with nordel glass.

My recommendation for a glass shop in Kelowna is Kelowna Glass. My cousin Tim is the owner and is a really good guy. He will make sure you are happy with the work.

June 18, 2014, 8:09 p.m.

Driving a jeep for most of my adult life, I am no stranger to replacing windshields. I've had really good installs and really bad ones.
I have had good experiences with nordel glass.

My recommendation for a glass shop in Kelowna is Kelowna Glass. My cousin Tim is the owner and is a really good guy. He will make sure you are happy with the work.

i'll keep them in mind next time i need my windshield replaced and have the urge to drive for 10 hours.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer