British Columbia

March 28, 2017, 3:50 p.m.

The announcement about expanding highway 1 in the Fraser valley is long overdue. Especially since all the development that has been happening / the  government has been allowing. It's ridiculous to think that a major city like Vancouver has, save for a few areas, 2 lanes going in & out.

March 28, 2017, 4:19 p.m.

Give these people money.

March 28, 2017, 9:12 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

The announcement about expanding highway 1 in the Fraser valley is long overdue. Especially since all the development that has been happening / the government has been allowing. It's ridiculous to think that a major city like Vancouver has, save for a few areas, 2 lanes going in & out.

<span style="background-color: rgb(249, 249, 249); font-size: 15.2px;">hope everybody will enjoy their new gas tax..</span>

Last edited by: FthisNewForumIsAnnoying on March 28, 2017, 9:12 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 28, 2017, 10 p.m.

Posted by: FthisNewForumIsAnnoying

The announcement about expanding highway 1 in the Fraser valley is long overdue. Especially since all the development that has been happening / the government has been allowing. It's ridiculous to think that a major city like Vancouver has, save for a few areas, 2 lanes going in & out.

<span style="background-color: rgb(249, 249, 249); font-size: 15.2px;">hope everybody will enjoy their new gas tax..</span>

I think this wins bb.nsmb.

March 28, 2017, 10:05 p.m.

The announcement about expanding highway 1 in the Fraser valley is long overdue. Especially since all the development that has been happening / the  government has been allowing. It's ridiculous to think that a major city like Vancouver has, save for a few areas, 2 lanes going in & out.

I saw this on my local TV7 news. The 6 laning isn't going all the way to the Port Mann is it? Mr Coleman mentioned Aldergrove & Abbotsford?

March 28, 2017, 10:17 p.m.

Pro-tip folks, ask how awesome the I5 is.

If I don't outfit my entire house with 3/4 inch piping, what good does it do for me?

March 29, 2017, 6:32 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Oh man, bang on right there. When you hit solid gridlock from everett to tacoma, looking at 6 lanes of nothing moving thinking  to yourself "how in the fuck is this possible".

Adding more lanes and bridges doesn't get people out of cars.

March 29, 2017, 4:53 p.m.

Posted by: Lobot

Oh man, bang on right there. When you hit solid gridlock from everett to tacoma, looking at 6 lanes of nothing moving thinking  to yourself "how in the fuck is this possible".

Tacoma Traffic is the worst. Hours of crawling along. Last time I was stuck in that I just wondered how people can live like that every single day. Made me think of the movie Falling Down.

March 29, 2017, 8:52 p.m.

I agree that more lanes won't solve everything. Some of the problems along the freeway as you go out to the Fraser Valley are from on-ramps where the semis get on. They should have a long "climbing lane" for each on-ramp so the semis don't hold up traffic as they get up to speed. Pretty hard to get people out of their cars in those sections of highway 1 as to my knowledge there are no buses. I know alot of people at work (in Burnaby) who live in Chillywack so they can afford to own a house. They say that that area is expanding due to lower house prices, so the traffic is only gonna get heavier I guess. No easy answers.

Thread killer

April 2, 2017, 10:12 p.m.

A friend of mine, who lives at a level or five above me, told me of a story he had recently...

Was at a dinner where people were asking him for money.  As an expat from Eastern Europe he moved to the US and has no love for the DNC.  Moved here a few years ago.

Anyways, at this dinner, some "left-wing" moonbat goes off the rails and tells him Hillary was not corrupt in the slightest, and makes things REALLY fucking awkward with personal attacks.  Turns out his wife raises monies for Christy Clark and crew.

Seriously people, don't be left or right wing.  Think for yourself.  You don't need a team.

April 3, 2017, 10:08 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: Lobot

Tacoma Traffic is the worst. Hours of crawling along. Last time I was stuck in that I just wondered how people can live like that every single day. Made me think of the movie Falling Down.

Crazy thing is there is no alternate route unless you drive the Olympic peninsula. When we head to Oregon we go thru that shit after 8pm. Insane

April 10, 2017, 8 p.m.

Posted by: stew44

If any party decided to abolish the toll bridges they would win the election.

Called it.

April 10, 2017, 8:44 p.m.

If it can be done now, why wasn't it done before? Grrrr. And we should also get a rebate or discount for all the times lanes were closed due to ice falling.

Thread killer

April 10, 2017, 9:47 p.m.

Couldn't be done right now without a HUGE buyout of the PPP contract.  I have no idea how many millions that would be.  Lotsa zeroes though.

Of course, cancelling the crusty clark legacy dam project, I mean, the totally needless site C dam would mean 8 billion less spent on a money losing useless project, so there's that.

April 18, 2017, 10:25 p.m.

She thinks Site C(hristy) is a good idea.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/site-c-megaproject-fuels-jobs-debate-in-b-c-election-campaign-1.3374032