Boston Bruins Bottle Service

June 20, 2011, 9:57 p.m.

Does it matter?

Bottom line is people are spending their cash on a product so who deserves that cash more than the makers of the product?

These people are only rich because we give them our money, in one way or another.

btw,the music industry is a poor example….many "hit artists" are left poorer when their contract is up and does not get renewed than they were before they signed.

Some are even left footing the bill for their bling and luxury car leases(talking hip hop here)that were suggested were part of their contract.

Pastor of Muppets

June 20, 2011, 10:07 p.m.

btw,the music industry is a poor example….many "hit artists" are left poorer when their contract is up and does not get renewed than they were before they signed.

Some are even left footing the bill for their bling and luxury car leases(talking hip hop here)that were suggested were part of their contract.

Irrelevant point is irrelevant.

Instead of arguing my main point now you're nitpicking my analogy. Are you unwilling to just come out and say that you think professional sports should be subjected to soviet style regulations? Should the owners use revenue subsidising tickets so the working class can afford them and distribute the rest amongst various charities?

This is what you seem to believe with your "boo-hoo I can't afford to take my kids to a game" talk. It's a frivilous luxury, I think they will live.

On the flip side if you were complaining that it was too expensive to send your kids to college I would be on your side, protesting for free tuition. I'm still a commie, just not when it comes to things we can easily live without like live hockey games, justin bieber concerts and bugatti veyrons.

www.natooke.com

June 20, 2011, 10:18 p.m.

This is what you seem to believe with your "boo-hoo I can't afford to take my kids to a game" talk. It's a frivilous luxury, I think they will live.

Eat a bag of dick,Benner

I know it's a luxury,but paying at least 70 bucks a head to watch a hockey game is ridiculous.

When I was a kid,the best seats in the gardens were 33 bucks each…seats up in the greys were 5 bucks,greens were 10,blues were 22 (old man rant)

The best seats in the new leafs arena are upwards of 750 bucks each as ive been told.

Now dont get me wrong,i ain't hating the playa….but prices are out of line.

Pastor of Muppets

June 20, 2011, 10:27 p.m.

Bahahaha you win the cup you get to have a ridiculous bar bill. That ring's gotta be good for something!

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

June 20, 2011, 10:29 p.m.

Eat a bag of dick,Benner

I know it's a luxury,but paying at least 70 bucks a head to watch a hockey game is ridiculous.

Oh sorry…have we met? Are we friends?

Nice that you can use my family name that you got from someone else whose hand I've probably shaken. I don't recall shaking yours.

More than 500 consecutive Canuck sellouts says it's not ridiculous and it's also not the only hockey ticket in town. When I was playing hockey as a kid my mom would take me to UBC thunderbirds games. I sat up against the glass and watched big tough guys play hard and hit each other up close. I enjoyed them more than sitting in the nosebleeds at a Canucks game in fact.

Anyways I think we've beat the horse enough by now.

www.natooke.com

June 20, 2011, 10:31 p.m.

Their job is to entertain millions of people and they just won the Stanley Cup. Of course they could put that much money to a better use but they have other money for that.

I think an epic bar bill is completely appropriate. Go Bruins?

This is where the line needs to be drawn. Sure the previous statement holds true, but cheering them on, lets leave that part out or I'll, riot or somethin necessary

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 20, 2011, 10:34 p.m.

for the record I was cheering for them as a drinking team.

www.natooke.com

June 20, 2011, 10:42 p.m.

I doubt the player paid for that bill

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 20, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

Greetings comrade,

500plus consecutive sellouts at Rogers Arena seems to state they could charge even more if they wanted. Seeing a live game is a luxury, not a right.

As for professional athletes getting paid too much: I have always felt that the person producing the product deserves a larger share of revenues generated by said product than anyone else involved.

Millions of people are more than happy to open their wallets and buy game tickets, merchandise not to mention all the advertising revenue generated when the games are aired on TV.

All this money comes about because these guys are the best hockey players in the world so saying they don't deserve a large slice of the professional sports money pie is just unfair.

This.

The consumer votes what every single item in the marketplace is worth.
Clearly pro athletes are worth ridiculous sums as is shown by 500 somewhat consecutive Canucks sellouts, and the general state of revenue in professional sports.

June 20, 2011, 11:02 p.m.

I doubt the player paid for that bill

No doubt. There is so much excess flowing through the corporate sector, it's not even funny. This is a billion dollar enterprise that just hit the mother load by going that deep into the playoffs. Between the jerseys, tickets, beer and god knows what else, this was the lotto payout for the Bruins [HTML_REMOVED] Nucks.

For sure that's just an expense item in a wild playoff party.

June 20, 2011, 11:19 p.m.

Which was the biggest bill, the liquor bill for the winning team, or the clean-up of Vancouver after they lost? ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 21, 2011, 8:51 a.m.

PS. You wanna know the type of guy I am? Read tomorrow's 24.

http://eedition.vancouver.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

Can anyone point out which page I'm supposed to be looking at.
I think Majin got banned again. At least some things in life are consistent :lol: :lol: :lol:

June 21, 2011, 9:39 a.m.

http://eedition.vancouver.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

Can anyone point out which page I'm supposed to be looking at.
I think Majin got banned again. At least some things in life are consistent :lol: :lol: :lol:

page 21.

Looks like a douche to me.

www.natooke.com

June 21, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

page 21.

:lol:

June 21, 2011, 10:25 a.m.

page 21.

Looks like a douche to me.

I'd just figured he was the muppet on the cover page. Kermit/majin strikes again!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.