Books (not Boobs)

Oct. 24, 2011, 8:53 p.m.

I really like Brian Greene. Here's the latest on what's happening in the world of theoretical physics (this shit blows my mind).

I really need to read this book. Huge fan. I had forgotten he had a new one out until just recently when I watched this video. If you're a fan of his it's long but very much worth watching. The Q[HTML_REMOVED]A is awesome plus they show lots of clips from the upcoming Fabric of the Cosmos NOVA special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1dUwEk2Qaw

For myself I just finished up:

And am planning on moving on to the next Gibson, Spook Country, very shortly.

Oct. 24, 2011, 9:10 p.m.

Nostromo - by Josef Konrad

I have not read any Conrad in a good while. Nostromo is one of my favorites of his. Lord Jim of course is high on that list.

just finnished the weather makers. and started re reading Voltaire's Bastards by John Ralston-Saul as i feel I misses a large part of the book on the first round. but having just cracked an accounting and economics text I dont think i'll get any where on round two for a while.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Oct. 24, 2011, 9:26 p.m.

Just finished

It was ok, 3/5 I'd say.

Just started

So far I'm loving it. Somebody on here recommended it.

Anybody know anything about an ebook library function on the iPad? Can you "sign out" books for free for a period?

Oct. 24, 2011, 9:55 p.m.

I really need to read this book. Huge fan. I had forgotten he had a new one out until just recently when I watched this video. If you're a fan of his it's long but very much worth watching. The Q[HTML_REMOVED]A is awesome plus they show lots of clips from the upcoming Fabric of the Cosmos NOVA special:

Most excellent. Thanks.. can't wait for the four part Nova special (November 2nd?). Hope they deliver!

Oct. 24, 2011, 11:08 p.m.

been working my way through this

for the past 11 months. i've been through about a dozen other books in that time (closer to 200 if you count kids books); can't seem to quit it, or make a lot of headway, but one day i'll knock 'er off

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 25, 2011, 12:28 a.m.

I just finished The Grand Design by Hawking, and it was underwhelming. On to The Tempest…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 25, 2011, 7:27 a.m.

Just finished

It was ok, 3/5 I'd say.

Just started

So far I'm loving it. Somebody on here recommended it.

Devil in the White City is good, read that years ago.

read the sun also rises this summer. I keep reading hemingway trying to fugure out what people like about his writing. out side For Whom the Bell Tolls, I have yet to like any of his writing? went here, did that, met him, said this, drank. repeat.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Oct. 25, 2011, 7:56 a.m.

Devil in the White City is good, read that years ago.

read the sun also rises this summer. I keep reading hemingway trying to fugure out what people like about his writing. out side For Whom the Bell Tolls, I have yet to like any of his writing? went here, did that, met him, said this, drank. repeat.

Try A Farewell to Arms, that one was good, To Have and Have Not was good too.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Oct. 25, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

Sadly buddy has been found out to be a bit of an exaggerator. Pretty much disgraced. Great book though and of course there are two sides to the story (or is it three?).

while that may be true, i'm sure no one will ever know the real truth other than the writer and the subject, the message behind the book remains the same in my mind

it may take away from how i view or support the person or his CAI, did the guy write the book to get rich or to draw support to his cause?

*side note, i've known daniel mazur for years but never even knew he was part of this story till i read the book

meh

Oct. 29, 2011, 1:02 p.m.

Just finished:

Great read. Disturbing at times but I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Just started:

So far it's very interesting. I'm not much of a fiction reader but this is one of the better ones I've found.

Oct. 29, 2011, 5:35 p.m.

Just Finished

Just Started

Next

Going to be a long winter here in Alaska, any other suggestions?

Oct. 29, 2011, 7:01 p.m.

My wife loved the Art of Racing in the Rain.

I'm really digging "On Basilisk Station" right now,

Oct. 30, 2011, 5:17 a.m.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 30, 2011, 5:18 p.m.

Nov. 4, 2011, 10:10 a.m.

Right now I'm reading