Boobs for your opinions-----What's the best point reward program???

March 17, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

]I'm beginning to hate Aeroplan! I've been saving for a long time and have 105000 miles. 50000 miles will get my GF and I to San Fransisco (return) for a weekend but with extremely gay flight schedules….. Layover in LA for 8 hours??? But for an upgrade of an additional 45000 miles, we can get direct flights at the times we like. Seems like a shit load of miles for a 3 day weekend away considering how long I've been saving for. I think I'm just going to blow them and switch to a different rewards program that has less restrictions.

What I want know is what programs you use and how you find their restrictions.

Thank you, here are some boobs for your troubles.

March 17, 2012, 10:50 a.m.

We use Avion.

March 17, 2012, 10:55 a.m.

Avion visa, points can be used for any airline or flight. X number of points is equal to 750 bucks. So you may have to top up to actual ticket price with cash. What is good is the flexibility. You have to book through the avionics travel agency, but that seems to work fine.

Probably the smartest thing to do is forget points and get one of he cashback credit cards. You can get another fee visa from cibc that gives 1% back. Or pay a yearly fee and get up to 3% back with some other cards.

March 17, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

I use Avion points as well, sitting on a free round trip to Europe right now. Like others have mentioned, very few restrictions.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

March 17, 2012, 11:10 a.m.

I've been on airmiles since forever. Great for flying within BC and Alberta - total tits for anything else. I would go for a cash back card if I had the choice now…however I use them to fly to Castlegar once or twice a year - have always had enough points to do so too.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 17, 2012, 11:16 a.m.

Avion visa, points can be used for any airline or flight. X number of points is equal to 750 bucks. So you may have to top up to actual ticket price with cash. What is good is the flexibility. You have to book through the avionics travel agency, but that seems to work fine.

Probably the smartest thing to do is forget points and get one of he cashback credit cards. You can get another fee visa from cibc that gives 1% back. Or pay a yearly fee and get up to 3% back with some other cards.

The absolute best program out there (imo) is the Capital One aspire travel. It's $120 annual fee, but you get 30,000 pts to sign up and 10,000 bonus points a year. Each point = 1 cent so it's really $20 a year. Using the card works out to a straight 2% cashback that can be used towards any travel that you can book with anywhere. It's just applied as a credit against your statement.

The Avion card is good, but only if you convert over to British Airways points at 1.5x (done twice a year). With certain flights on partner airlines, you can get trips to Asia that work out to something like 3.5% back. Things have changed recently for that deal, so it might not be as hot. There's also the risk that BA won't have that deal.

Finally, if you just want a no hassle card - MBNA Smartcash card. No fee, 1% cash back on everything except gas and groceries which is 3%.

All other cards really.. blow.

Also, if you are planning on spending $3k in the next month, sign up for the American Express small business card. They'll waive the fees for the first year and give you 25,000 aeroplan points. You then of course, cancel that card and do it again the next year.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

March 17, 2012, 12:19 p.m.

paying for points is overrated, and pretty ironic IMO.

Airmiles with free credit cards to collect. Screw flying - we ski in Whistler for free, have a $300 mixer for my chef, a $200 vacuum cleaner and a $200 composter barrel.

March 17, 2012, 2:03 p.m.

Great for flying within Canada and Alberta - total tits for anything else.

God Damn I wish Alberta would hurry up and join Confederation!!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 17, 2012, 2:45 p.m.

Alaska Airlines Mastercard.
Good for travel to/in the USA.
Buy one regular priced ticket, get a companion ticket for $99.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

March 17, 2012, 3 p.m.

No issue with Aeroplan here. I fly Star Alliance 95% of the time, so collecting points is great, plus I can upgrade to the front of the bus several times a year, which is great for the overseas flight that are 10+ hours. The other perk that is great is being Elite, you get to skip many airport lines and get access to lounges.

Should have enough pts soon for a return trip to Thailand for myself and the GF. Excite!

March 17, 2012, 3:20 p.m.

boobs for opinions is the best reward system

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

March 17, 2012, 3:53 p.m.

God Damn I wish Alberta would hurry up and join Confederation!!

Kn.

HA - post fixed…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 17, 2012, 4:36 p.m.

Avion for the win. No restrictions. We call up with the flights we want and
They book it. Our latest redemption the airline had a special online upgrade
so avion said just book it ourselves to get their extra deal and avion just
credited our card. Now we are flying executive class to Europe for economy
points redemption. We put all our expenses on our cards and average two
free long distance flights per year. Or you could use points for hotels
activities etc but you get more value out of flights.

March 17, 2012, 6:53 p.m.

I lost over 80000 aeroplan miles because the asses said i didnt use for 2 years. Screw you aeroplan and air canada……

They said i can "buy" them back.

March 18, 2012, 11:25 a.m.

I like Aeroplan if you use a CIBC Visa. Nice thing about using the visa is you will never loose points due to 2 years of inactivity.

I guess you can have bad experience with any of these programs, but I've had good experience with Aeroplan. Booked 2 round trip flights to Thailand in 2010 with points and 2 tickets to Calgary and Toronto this year.

You always get your best point value by using these points for domestic Canadian flights, since they're so damn expensive!

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com