Blenders

Jan. 5, 2016, 12:34 a.m.

KitchenAid KSB560 at just over $100. Best bang for the buck easily.

And even a cheap blender can do a lot and last a long time if the user learns how to load it properly.

Jan. 5, 2016, 1:48 a.m.

My life is now complete after reading this thread about blenders

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Jan. 5, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

I got the Vitamix because it's not tall and fits under the cabinets that are over the kitchen counter.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 6, 2016, 9:40 a.m.

Wow. I just checked out Vitamix. I might just buy a half dozen Bullets instead. $$$$

One thing I love about the bullet is the way it is also the container, so I think I would buy another one of those.

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:14 p.m.

Slight derail - this guy's cookbook is great - The Food Lab, Better cooking Through Science.

I have a copy. It is indeed fantastic.

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:30 p.m.

I went to best buy to pick up a breville blender they had advertised for $169. Find one in the store with no price tag, got someone to scan it and it's $199, still $70 off. A bit annoyed I mentioned the whole $169 thing, we figured out only the black colour is on for that price and there's none in the region. Blenders are too complicated.

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:35 p.m.

We had a bullet and a nutribullet over the years….but the wife bought a vitamix about a year and a half ago… I was skeptical at first ("HOW much!?!?") but damn, that thing is amazing.
Soups, nut butters, shakes, smoothies, "ice cream" from frozen bananas and cocoa powder…etc.

A real quality product.

Jan. 6, 2016, 7:26 p.m.

I went to best buy to pick up a breville blender they had advertised for $169. Find one in the store with no price tag, got someone to scan it and it's $199, still $70 off. A bit annoyed I mentioned the whole $169 thing, we figured out only the black colour is on for that price and there's none in the region. Blenders are too complicated.

Try this one. Online only though.

http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true[HTML_REMOVED]sku=10387911[HTML_REMOVED]lang=en-CA

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 13, 2016, 3:57 p.m.

How did people survive before the advent of über-priced blenders?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 13, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Jan. 14, 2016, 1:49 a.m.

Jan. 14, 2016, 8:01 a.m.

Do not buy the Kitchen Aid blender. It threads on opposite the direction of the blade, so when the blade torques, like on a banana, it loosens the bottom and spews your smoothie all over your kitchen.

Do not buy a cheap Superstore brand blender. It doesn't have to power to blend a banana.

My Electrolux is working so far…

Jan. 25, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Funny was just shopping around for a blender.

I can't bring myself to pay for a blendtec or a vitamix (how big is the freaking profit margin in those things).

Read some mixed reviews on some of the ninjas.

Ended up ordering a oster versa 1100 watt model from Best Buy online. Still haven't got it yet (I only ordered it this morning) but I am interested in how well it is going to work.

Apparently you can fit the small blade assembly onto a mason jar which would be handy if you are making nut butter (get your mind out of the gutter) as you can just put a regular top on when you are done. Or you could make a smoothie and drink it out of the mason jar like a true redneck.

Reversing (is supposed to help when you are blending something and it isn't mixing well)

7 year warranty through oster.

We had a Breville that cost about $200 and after 10 years it finally died. so I am looking in the same price range. How is the Oster working out?

The Vitamix looks like the bomb but I can't justify that money.

Jan. 25, 2016, 11:07 a.m.

You can when you're married. :(

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 25, 2016, 1:30 p.m.

We had a Breville that cost about $200 and after 10 years it finally died. so I am looking in the same price range. How is the Oster working out?

Oster is working good.

Only drawback is when you use the small on the go portable mug it doesn't blend that well. But the standard blender jar does a good job on kale (yuck), carrots, apples, ice cubes etc.

Preprogrammed smoothie mob is pretty handy.

Well worth price paid.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.