Blenders

Jan. 2, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

Vitamix FTW. Bought one for the wife and I was pretty skeptical until we started using it. It's become one of our most used appliances. Smoothies, soups, sauces, you name it. I'd like to throw a golf ball into it while the wife is out but haven't built up the courage yet.

Jan. 2, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

WTF type of soups do you filthy casuals eat that are being prepared in a blender?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 2, 2016, 10:35 p.m.

WTF type of soups do you filthy casuals eat that are being prepared in a blender?

Just because you got a Knipex Milwaukee Cordless Can Opener doesn't mean you can shit in this thread.

Jan. 2, 2016, 10:39 p.m.

Just because you got a Knipex Milwaukee Cordless Can Opener doesn't mean you can shit in this thread.

Naw, but I own a dustpan made by KTM

Jan. 2, 2016, 10:44 p.m.

Naw, but I own a dustpan made by KTM

Shit. What's the clearance from tile to rubber?

Jan. 3, 2016, 12:46 p.m.

It appears the S-Series is for bachelors such as myself. And comes with a nice travel bottle deal which would allow myself to blend and go in the AM.

Are people splurging on the pre-programmed setting models?

Wait, S Series don't tell give the motor power ratings. :(

Jan. 3, 2016, 1:05 p.m.

My wife priced Ninja's and Vitamix's, the Ninja was going to be about $200 less and perform basically the same. If we manage to burn it out than we'll buy a Vitamix, but I'm happy to save the $$ while figuring out how much we actually use a powerful blender.

"The best" is nice, but rarely necessary. I'm happy with our SLX blender, we don't need XTR yet.

Jan. 3, 2016, 1:24 p.m.

I have burned out motors in about 5 blenders including 2 kitchen aid ones. Now I'm 7 years into a vitamix and it's not only still solid, but it has always done a vastly better job than anything else. Some things are worth paying for. I got mine on eBay for about $300. I use it often twice a day and always at least once a day. Chopping frozen bananas amongst other things, which is what has destroyed all the blenders that came before it.

Mine has just off and on along with high and low. No need for variable settings which add to the price.

Jan. 3, 2016, 2:57 p.m.

our costco blentec crapped out within a year (says overload on the display), we are hoping to return. i secretly blame my wife for running it without enough liquid in it, but am probably wrong.

Jan. 3, 2016, 4:08 p.m.

our costco blentec crapped out within a year (says overload on the display), we are hoping to return. i secretly blame my wife for running it without enough liquid in it, but am probably wrong.

They should take it back no problem.

I went back and forth btw blendtec and vitamix, in the end went vitamix and i don't regret spending the big bucks. The plunger sets it apart - all blenders should come with one - and it has a real quality feel on the controls.

I found the best CDN pricing at williams food equipment last year. The bay has similar pricing sometimes.

Models at costco tend to have different model numbers and bundles of accessories but there are only two core models, the older higher skinnier one, and the newer shorter squatter one. Either work well.

https://www.williamsfoodequipment.com/brand/vitamix

Jan. 4, 2016, 12:06 p.m.

All I know is my bullet woke the kids up on New Years Eve making fruity girly drinks and couldn't handle frozen mango. Bush league.

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:08 p.m.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/high-end-blender-test-equipment-breville-vitamix-blendtec-review.html

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:29 p.m.

Great to hear all the good reviews from Vitamix owners , my Wife put one under the Christmas tree for me.
Gonna blend up a Avocado pit in my blueberry /banana protein shake tonight just because I can and apparently its uber healthy.

Jan. 4, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

We got our Blendtec from Costco about four years ago and use it multiple times per day. A couple years ago, the spinning piece on the jar started to come loose and Blentec immediately sent a new jar which was covered under warranty. For green smoothies, making nut butters, etc, a mid range blender won't cut it. Vitamix would be a great option too but a bit more expensive.

Jan. 4, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/high-end-blender-test-equipment-breville-vitamix-blendtec-review.html

Slight derail - this guy's cookbook is great - The Food Lab, Better cooking Through Science.