blackberry curve

Aug. 26, 2009, 9:57 a.m.

i don't really find safari all that slow, especially when running on wireless. moreso than a faster safari, i think i'd like more mobile friendly sites. there is so much crap on standard webpages. i love it when the website has a mobile version.

Aug. 26, 2009, 10 a.m.

i think the nonstandard app i used most is the remote for itunes. i've got my comp stereo wired so i can listen to music in other rooms of my house and i love controlling it via the iphone.

Aug. 26, 2009, 10:33 a.m.

well, rogers is sending me the second Curve in two months.

Aug. 26, 2009, 1:30 p.m.

I have a hardshell case that snaps on the back. It's thin, durable, and looks great. Got it off of eBay for $6 USD.

Link is here.

Most apps on the Apple store are dumb and gimmicky. Cydia has some really good stuff; SBSettings is very useful (everyone should try it if they've done a jailbreak), and I personally like the RDP application iRDesktop.

i dont want a slippery case. i had a nice neoprene/silicon one not too rubbery had some slip but not super slippy it broke now i cant find a new sexy one

Aug. 26, 2009, 4:17 p.m.

orly?

considering there are thousands , yeah maybe "most" are gimmicky.

but there are hundreds of kickass ones

KICK ASS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYbg9Qn6rI

Aug. 26, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

So iPhone cases are as trendy as the device itself now?

No fucking way I'm getting hooked into this shit. Next thing you know we'll all be dressing like Jaysin, but it'll be iPhone glasses, popped collat shirts and watches instead of Oakley.

Aug. 26, 2009, 4:53 p.m.

I know I'm goign to get blasted for this, but I have a LV iphone case that I got for my birthday.

the one on the right.

I had to send it in for repair though (free) because the leather started to peel.

edit:
JESUS CHRIST ITS WORTH 290!??!?

wts iphone case.

Aug. 26, 2009, 5:38 p.m.

i don't really find safari all that slow, especially when running on wireless. moreso than a faster safari, i think i'd like more mobile friendly sites. there is so much crap on standard webpages. i love it when the website has a mobile version.

If I tether my iPhone and use my laptop's browser (IE), webpages render about as fast as a home Internet connection. The 3G download speed is 1.8Mb/sec, whichis plenty fast for web browsing. Safari and most other phones with HTML browsers, are the bottleneck.

Posted via my kickass iPhone Device

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 26, 2009, 6:08 p.m.

The Blackberry 8900 is sweet. The keyboard is raised, rather than level, like on the Bold 9000.

I have a bold, and enjoy it. I could see myself going for the 8900 though, since it's a bit smaller. I'll use the Bold until it breaks though.

The BB Tour is for Bell because Bell doesn't use SIM cards. Now you can make your BB work overseas if you're with Bell. Also, some BB Curve 8520 got rid of the track ball and put in a touch-sensitive pad, because the balls get a bit clogged with crap occasionally.

Bold 9000

Aug. 26, 2009, 7:56 p.m.

If I tether my iPhone and use my laptop's browser (IE), webpages render about as fast as a home Internet connection. The 3G download speed is 1.8Mb/sec, whichis plenty fast for web browsing. Safari and most other phones with HTML browsers, are the bottleneck.

yea I never use mine for tethering. no need. interesting to know though. I'll look for a faster safari in a future OS update :D

Posted via my kickass iPhone Device

lol nice!

Sept. 4, 2009, 5:14 p.m.

I'm on my 5th Curve, and this one is going back as well. Glitchy as feck.

Sept. 5, 2009, 8:33 p.m.

If you have 3G in your area, get the Bold, the Edge network speeds are painful in comparison.

On the topic of iPhone vs. Blackberry, I'd vote Blackberry as I've owned an iPhone for a year and got my Bold in May (still have the iPhone). The iPhone is more versatile for everyday as you're never bored with it. However, for everything a phone is primarily for, the Blackberry comes out on top. Phone clarity is better, battery lasts longer, typing (email/sms) is eons ahead of the iPhone and you can customize it (themes, menu layout) without voiding the warranty.)

The way I break it down, the BB is the phone I'd use everyday, the iPhone is what I'd use on the weekend or during free time.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Sept. 5, 2009, 10:05 p.m.

The way I break it down, the BB is the phone I'd use everyday, the iPhone is what I'd use on the weekend or during free time.

That's why I have an E71 and an iPhone. ;)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 5, 2009, 11:47 p.m.

That's why I have an E71 and an iPhone. ;)

you cant bbm on either of those. what are you doing with life?

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Sept. 5, 2009, 11:58 p.m.

Nsmb [HTML_REMOVED] Bbm

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells