blackberry curve

Aug. 24, 2009, 6:21 p.m.

The Blackberry GPS isn't a real GPS - at least on the Telus ones…it just uses cell towers and triangulates your position…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 24, 2009, 8:41 p.m.

i've had several curves and had problems with all but one. my newest 'replacement' phone lasted two months and now its going back as well. i like the functionality of blackberries, but this model is one of its worst

mobile google is great, as well as the maps as its real-time gps and tells me how fast i speed.

Aug. 24, 2009, 9:25 p.m.

Ding!

I really thought about one cause they are a fancy toy - then I realized I don't text and I have a laptop, plus I work from home. So really it'd serve zero purpose for me.

But they're still fancy and cool.

bbm is actually very very useful, and msn for bb is better than the iphone equivalent.

Infact the reason i stuck with my old sony ericsson was because of bbm (it had the bb connect software). I would have bought a BB, but the browser is dumb as fuck.

and yeah I don't have puny asian hands like norman. The bold's keyboard is horrible imo for me.

Aug. 24, 2009, 9:32 p.m.

there is no way that someone good with an iphone can type faster than someone good with the bb.

dude i used to think the same thing but i can now rip on my iphone faster than i ever could on the crackberry, especially since OS 3.0 provided full landscape support. it's pretty intuitive and often knows the right character to show even if you don't quite hit it right. also, the auto correct feature kicks ass.

Aug. 24, 2009, 10:10 p.m.

dude i used to think the same thing but i can now rip on my iphone faster than i ever could on the crackberry, especially since OS 3.0 provided full landscape support. it's pretty intuitive and often knows the right character to show even if you don't quite hit it right. also, the auto correct feature kicks ass.

I concur with this assessment :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 24, 2009, 11:09 p.m.

I was thinking about this the other day. I've really been wanting to buy a BB or iphone for the past year now, but do I really need or want one? Or, has society just led me to believe that I need one because I'm not cool if I don't BBM. There is nothing wrong with the phone I have, in fact it has scheduling abilities built in and do I really need the internet at my fingertips? Sure its convenient but I'm sure I can wait until I get home, or if its really important tell someone else to look it up on their BB's or iphones.

Aug. 25, 2009, 12:18 a.m.

what the fuck is bbm

Aug. 25, 2009, 12:20 a.m.

I went with a Blackberry pearl for the simple reason it is small and fits in a pocket…

I guess if you wish you could go ahead and get a bigger phone and look like a 16 year old attention seeker packing around a huge phone…JMO

As someone said…for networking and communication (what I personally wanted) the Blackberry is the way to go…for simple surfing the net an Iphone is the way to go. FWIW…once you have all your bookmarks saved it is actually quite easy to go through your regular sites with the Blackberry..

Aug. 25, 2009, 12:31 a.m.

The Blackberry GPS isn't a real GPS - at least on the Telus ones…it just uses cell towers and triangulates your position…

Not really… The only time it triangulates is when no satellites are located. The BB mapping is downloaded using the Telus network but the actual location is via satellites. You must command it to locate the staellites by clicking on "start GPS navigation" or "find location" in the screen menu. If you don't do this then it will triangulate off of towers.

Today I used my phones GPS navigation to find a hiking trail to Trophy mountain in Wells Gray park and it was accurate within 6 meters… it was both accurate on BB GPS and on the Google app that I prefer to use…

Aug. 25, 2009, 3:08 a.m.

what the fuck is bbm

a drug dealer tool.

Aug. 25, 2009, 6:20 a.m.

I have the 8900, love it. Takes good pics for a phone, mp3 and file management is easy, app options are reasonable (the google maps app is excellent), battery life is questionable..

Aug. 25, 2009, 8:08 a.m.

sorry blaine, if you are faster on the iphone than a BB, you are in the minority

your average user will find MUCH quicker typing and better accuracy on the BB (not the girl's version)

i have an iphone, so this isn't a bb fanboy thing. the iphone is better at almost everything, but the bb is the winner, hands down, for input

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Aug. 25, 2009, 8:35 a.m.

that being said, i think i will look seriously at the google phone if and when they come up here

Rogers sells a locked down version now, or you can join the developer program and buy one unlocked. I think it ran my friend about $750.

Aug. 25, 2009, 10:27 a.m.

what the fuck is bbm

a Big Bowel Movement.

Aug. 25, 2009, 10:33 a.m.

Rogers sells a locked down version now, or you can join the developer program and buy one unlocked. I think it ran my friend about $750.

i'm good phone wise for a year or so, but i think that is the one i will look at seriously when i do upgrade again

meh