bitcoin

June 29, 2021, 6:52 a.m.

HOKK was definitely a disappointment. Measly 120% roi

June 29, 2021, 7:51 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

For who?   ;)

Im curious, did you actually pull out $120 (as in fiat dollars now sitting in your Bank account) for each 100 you put in?   Or are your ‘tendies’ still sitting as bits and bytes on the web somewhere?

June 29, 2021, 8:40 a.m.

Shiba coin is a longshot but it's super cheap. Buy 10 million for a couple hundred bux. Goes up to a penny thats 100K, 10 cents, a million. Pretty low risk bet for a big payoff. May go nowhere but many of us will spend that much on tires every few months.

It's what happened with Dogecoin, it's a hustle but whatever.... I already paper handed my AMC stock in March. Buy it and forget about it.

June 29, 2021, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

Posted by: Fast-Orange

For who? ;)

Im curious, did you actually pull out $120 (as in fiat dollars now sitting in your Bank account) for each 100 you put in? Or are your ‘tendies’ still sitting as bits and bytes on the web somewhere?

I bet about 1grand into HOKK. Was up about 900% at one point. Then it dumped, then it rebounded a bit and I swapped it all for ethereum. 

My whole crypto portfolio is down about 40% since then but im not worried.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on June 29, 2021, 9:33 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 30, 2021, 4:47 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

Shiba coin is a longshot but it's super cheap. Buy 10 million for a couple hundred bux. Goes up to a penny thats 100K, 10 cents, a million. Pretty low risk bet for a big payoff. May go nowhere but many of us will spend that much on tires every few months.

It's what happened with Dogecoin, it's a hustle but whatever.... I already paper handed my AMC stock in March. Buy it and forget about it.

this is what I'm doing now - actual investment money is going 80/20 (80 into boring stocks/bonds, 20 into BTC , ETH, BTC) 

but I've started now putting "lotto" money into shitcoins - hey $20 on doge , more fun than 20 on lotto max and you never know - own 20 bucks (original investment, most are worth less now) of 20 different shitcoins

June 30, 2021, 7:53 p.m.

Posted by: gearwhore

Posted by: bux-bux

this is what I'm doing now - actual investment money is going 80/20 (80 into boring stocks/bonds, 20 into BTC , ETH, BTC) 

but I've started now putting "lotto" money into shitcoins - hey $20 on doge , more fun than 20 on lotto max and you never know - own 20 bucks (original investment, most are worth less now) of 20 different shitcoins

I gave up on shitcoins pretty quick. Won a couple times but lost more. Most of them never come back after they tank and the initial offerings where you can actually make money are hard to find early enough. 

Personally i don't think we've hit the bottom of this bear cycle yet and I'm working with the mindset of preparing for the next halving cycle in about 3-4 years. I.e. a little bit of eth and bitcoin out of every paycheque. 

I read a prediction recently theorizing that in 10 years bitcoin could be worth 10 million USD each but due to inflation that will have the buying power of 1 million in today money. 

The money printer has been brrrrring especially hard through this covid debacle. Does anyone else have the feeling something big is coming?

June 30, 2021, 8:15 p.m.

were well due for another recession... why do you think the housing market went nuts? whys everything on the used market gone through the roof? the money we use is worth less and less. except we keep selling our time to earn it for the same amount.. Ill be shocked if some big shit doesnt go down man.

July 1, 2021, 9:10 a.m.

80/20, eh?  It used to be stocks were the high risk side of asset allocation. 

Me, I’ve got 3% in emerging markets as my volatile allocation.  Not a gambler, for sure.

July 2, 2021, 9:41 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

80/20, eh?  It used to be stocks were the high risk side of asset allocation. 

Me, I’ve got 3% in emerging markets as my volatile allocation.  Not a gambler, for sure.

to clarify I'm talking mainly EFTs/index funds, not individual stocks

July 2, 2021, 3:12 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

were well due for another recession... why do you think the housing market went nuts? whys everything on the used market gone through the roof? the money we use is worth less and less. except we keep selling our time to earn it for the same amount.. Ill be shocked if some big shit doesnt go down man.

The housing market is extra nuts now because hedgefunds are buying everything they can often for way over asking. Anyone who doesn't have wealthy parents can bet on renting for the rest of their lives. 

As soon as my broke parents kick the bucket it's back to China for us.

Sept. 11, 2021, 10:34 a.m.

Been a good couple months! Learned about the staking feature of Cardano and made it 50% of of my portfolio. 

4.9% annual interest and you can unstake and sell at any time. My small bag only rewards me with a few coins a month but beats the shit out of a savings account. 

Obviously a sensible person will say a bank is safer but I don't really care because 2030 is when the famines will probably start so I'm not really worried about needing retirement plans.

Sept. 20, 2021, 6:16 a.m.

Huuuuuuuge sale today!

Sept. 20, 2021, 4:55 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Huuuuuuuge sale today!

Evergrande contagion is a bitch. Even Heckler's foolproof VTI is turning bearish. 

Hold onto your butts everyone.

As per usual I don't really give af because the world is ending. I don't even know why I keep going to work.

Sept. 20, 2021, 5:34 p.m.

Dont know much about bitcoins, but i made a fat stack off lumber producers earlier this month.

Enjoy your invisible money!

Sept. 20, 2021, 5:55 p.m.

meh.   VTI, same price as a month ago and also two months ago.   Still +34% in YTD 2021 and +102.5% in 5 years.  Still $2.70 US per share dividend.  Don't listen to the news, they're just trying to drive up trading fees.

And, it's also only 25% of my "foolproofness", even though it owns 3980 diversified stocks, currently riding it out at 25.9% of asset allocation, since selling a significant chunk to rebalance to bonds.

Even emerging markets VEE, which is mostly China in it's 5235 stocks, dropped from $39.50 to $38. but still sitting at +19% since buying....   Yawwwnnn.....

New, Schmews.   Buy and hold.  Buy more till your dividends are juicy and hope the world ends quickly in a ball of fire if FO is right.

serious though, Evergrand defaults and goes tits up, someone else takes their place in the index.  meh.